Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i dont think its harder at all just super underpar for blizzards usual quality,boring if you will,but i agree with other posts we should try it for ourselves and form our own opinion not take the word of some streamer guy as gospel,tbh getting pretty fed up of these streamers trying to preach to the player base.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know 10 years ago during BC when YouTube vids of gamers was new he was an obnoxious troll but stilll a character/troll.

I just have to say time has passed him by. Streaming and gaming personalities are a young persons game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is he still banging that chick made of breasts?
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

5+ Year Old Account
    Athene is a persona. I think what we term difficulty in WoW nowadays is not the same difficulty that the TBC era had.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

It depends on exactly when and what content I guess? High end PvE content has gotten harder over the years as Blizzard push to see how many mechanics people can juggle along with group coordination slowly. Just leveling? I don't know the bar is so low and I haven't leveled from 1 in so long I wouldn't really want to say. I don't think that's mechanically harder though. Stuff may take longer to die and deal more damage in some cases but even then if you're able to slow or really play on a basic level that shouldn't make much of an impact most of the time. Much older expansions were more about simple time investment if you wanted to talk about difficulty and the high end now is more about mechanical difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never laughed so hard in all my fucking life. Not to make fun of the guy or anything but he is comical. I mean maybe you got to be a wow player to find his jokes so funny. EPIC Funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I would, but I dont know how to find it. He is on Twitch every once in a while (maybe from the recordings we can find?) and people troll him for saying that but imo when he said it he really meant it. Like in that video he is visibly trolling but when he failed so hard he clearly meant it.
    I just don't know why I should care about what someone said when I can't even hear his complaint in his own words. I can't refute or agree with whatever he may have said because i don't know what specific points he was trying to make.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Dude raised $23 million dollars for charity. Surprisd people are so keen to shit on him really. Sad they won't achieve as much? I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't this guy that wannabe pro gamer who turned "poker pro" who then turned into a "physicist" who then turned into an activist? Sounds like a stable person.

From a raid stand point, yeah, and he would notice it because he never used to do raids but he has been doing them a bit recently because it's popular for viewers on twitch.

Outside of that, I don't really think it is at all, it's declined in difficulty more so outside of raiding. The bigger thing Athene probably notices is the macro system being changed so he can't as easily macro cast sequences and so on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hes a crazy cult leader now. He and his people need help :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    He's also a leader of a cult and abusive towards others and tried to start a scam with cryptocoins. Comcast donated more than $200 million but that doesn't stop them from being shitty.

If the only thing you can bring up to defend a guy is the money he raised for charity then I guess he must really be a shitty person. Every time he gets caught up in another scandal he tries to play the stupid charity card as if it's a get out of jail free card. Doesn't work that way. You can raise money for charity and still be a terrible person and it doesn't absolve you of any wrongdoing.
    Well the bolded made me laugh. Tried to start a scam with a pyramid scheme, good thing people saw that coming eh :P

How much money does Comcast make/is worth?

The only thing I can bring up? Sorry I'm not glued to his life story like some of the sad sacks on here Fact is through his actions and decisions charities got $23m more than they would have otherwise which for some people here is more than they would ever see in their lifetimes. To say "If that's the only good thing you can say" is like saying "Meh, if the only thing you can say about France is they're quite good at football they must be a really shitty country" because I say "Wow, France won the footballworld cup!"

"Doesn't work that way" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I watched his latest streams a bit, because i used to enjoy his videos. He was asking for a carry in HC Antorus, and the raid that he put together couldn't down Portal Keeper. Half the time he spends doing nothing also. He's just terrible now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    This reminds me of someone... now who could that be...

Oh right, the pro Street fighter.. turbo.. neo-geo-something-something 2 who was the best western player, Darksyde Phil (DSP)!
    Whoa dude it was like saturn with like 12 entries or something. Show some R E S P E C T!
    Last edited by Video Games; 2018-07-29 at 06:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    So Athene is back. If you don’t know him, here is a video: <snip because giant annoying face>

He is streaming a lot lately and says that the new patch has made the game too tough. Is it true?
    What is it with you people who see these videos of an OPINION and the very first thing you do is run to MMO to make a topic asking if said OPINION is true?

Do schools not teach kids about opinions anymore?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Depends what part....

Leveling has never been easier before this patch which is bugged to all hell but if he means raiding, nothing compares to Legions mythic raids.

I remember back in the day when he had that quick chat with Kripp regarding Diablo 3 world first stuff and he was asking Kripp to share the secrets on stream and Athene would help him get more views/etc.....and back in the day Athene was getting crazy views/subs/youtube, and now its completely opposite.

Feel like Athene didn't change much..or he went more into a cult.

harder than which version? if we're talking like vanilla/bc compared to now then leveling was harder back then, much more boring now. if we're talking running a guild or being a raider then raiding back then was harder. if we're talking strictly boss mechanics and tuning with the raids then raids now are harder. that is an important distinction, being a raider was harder back then because of the amount of time you had to farm mats and spend raiding and failing on a boss with 40 people, but the mechanics were easier than they are now. so raiding now is both easier and harder which is why 12 year olds yell at each other back and forth and both are completely sure they are right.

so different things are easier/harder between the older game and now, the main difference is that the old game was actually fun over a long period of time, the game now is fun in shorts bursts when they release new content.

beyond that, don't listen to athene when it comes to wow, he's basically a low level exploiter who does it for attention, and he was carried in 5's for his r1 title, so he's not good at the game. if you're looking for a cult to join though he might have a spot for you.
    Last edited by bloomy; 2018-07-29 at 06:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze View Post
    Artifact power grind for half of the Legion begs to argue...
    It wasn’t designed with the intent that you would run Maw of Souls dozens, if not hundreds of times a day though. That was just an unfortunate hole in the idea.

The intent was to give players a semi open ended progression system. You were supposed to progress naturally, not grind the living shit out of it.

Part of me laughs at that statement. Part of me realizes that in context, he's probably right.

Yes, we still have cookie cutter specs, and yes, it's still a matter of pushing buttons in a specific order.....but back then, we were all new to this. Maybe not MMOs, but at this particular game and the mechanics of it. So I guess TECHNICALLY it's true, but to be honest, I can macro all of my rotation to the mousewheel on my Razer Naga for most specs and just faceroll 99% of content. So.....yes, and no.