Poll: How long will it take?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The disable/enable only in stormwind/org is indeed a problem but rest is saltiness from scrubs that cant actually fight vs other geared ppl that have WM enabled and want to gank poor guy that is 50 level under them and leveling .

Why no option for "they already realize it"?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    How many weeks will it take for the complainers to stop complaining ?
    We're at 13+ years and counting atm, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The big problem with the current implementation of War Mode is how it can force you into different phases with people in your own party or raid. If you're in a group to do an M+, and one person is at the summoning stone, and the second person gets there, but they can't see each other because one has war mode on and the other doesn't, so you can't summon until a 3rd person arrives. That feels dumb and is bad game design. Same as if you make a raid to do a world boss, and half the raid is in a different phase, or if you want to make a group to level or do world quests with your BNet friends. The only solution is for one or more people to have to go back to Org/SW, turn it on or off, fly back to the group while the rest of the group waits. That, again feels awful, heavy handed, and poorly thought out.

Over the last several expansions, Blizzard put a huge amount of effort into making playing with friends - regardless of servers or server types be seamless. It's a core part of their game philosophy, and it feels like the current implementation of War Mode flies in the face of that for the benefit of the minority that is interested in WPvP. I think they need to create a solution for the grouping part, or the entire system is basically going to end up being trashed, because there are a lot more people that care about being able to group with people seamlessly than there are people that care about open world PvP.

Here are some options for solutions:
    - Make a kind of dome around summoning stones that disables PvP/makes them "sanctuary" and phases you will all group members regardless of War Mode status.
    - Add a UI toggle that lets you turn War Mode on or off after 2 minutes out of combat.
    - If that is too aggressive, let you turn it on or off at all inns/rest spots (all capitals isn't good enough - that's still way too much down time).
    - If you are non-War Mode and you join a party where the leader is War Mode, pop up a warning, and if you accept, it gets turned on temporarily, but you do not get the extra bonuses for X minutes.
    - Add a vendor item that is expensive enough that using it is not trivial that lets you toggle War Mode on or off in the field like talent changing tomes.

Something like this has to happen, or there will be casual outrage over the feature.

War mode is fun! Just needs to be scaled.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    no option that they didnt fuck up, but its a great change? pretty rigged poll lol

Its weird than you cant disable/enable it in any capital, but thats really the only issue with it.

Griefers grieving over loss of unfair world pvp, good riddance I'd say

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Well, too bad there are a thing of the past since prepatch
    Is still the same, this a factions war game with a factions war oriented expansion coming

I am not too bothered about it, but it is silly that some players can avoid fighting in such scenario.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It should always be on for pvp servers and allow pve servers to chose.

This is World of Warcraft, not World of Flowercraft.
    its clear that u never started out on an 50/50 alliance/horde pvp realm years ago that slowly turned into 80/20 of 1 faction to dominate, what u wanna tell em "just buy a server transfer." ? Or "git gud" and go 1 v 4 ?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    I mean, only turning it on or off in the capital, preventing world pvp on world pvp servers etc...
    What is the actual complaint? If it means only enable in those capitals and not others, then I partially agree. If it means you cannot change in the world, then I disagree.

The intention is not to allow people to turn it on or off when it suits them. It is a choice once chosen, you cannot retract easily.

There are no PvP or PvE servers anymore.

The only thing they need to change about it is allowing you to change it in any major city, or honestly even any rested area.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

as many weeks that are left in the universe's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I'm hoping they realize it means that most people don't care about World PVP, and the next step is allowing cross-faction PVE like virtually every other MMO now if you have War Mode off (not expecting this for another expansion or two). It's about time they got rid of it. They could still have PVP (battlegrounds, arena, etc.) they could still have World PVP (War Mode). There's no reason to prevent cross-faction PVE anymore. Other than maybe SWTOR I can't think of another MMO now that still enforces factions for PVE content.
    Would be nice, but I feel like this is the kind of thing they'll continue to be stubborn about.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I seriously doubt they will ever peel it back. See, what the deal is with Blizzard (in my opinion) is they don't want to ditch server and character transfer money they get from the transasctions. They pretty much have proven they can just do MEGA servers and where things get to wild it just phases. It is very much proven because they just do the opposite now. They just have things broken appart and then pull them all together unless things get to hot then they seperate them out. This takes that a step further and even mashes all the PVE and PVP realms even further into the mega server catagory instead of just making the MEGA servers. All in a vain attempt to keep that micro tranaction up and honestly I don't blame them because some kids throw 100s at them every expansions for it just so they can get a boss a week faster than where they are at or some shit. So we will be stuck with this forever. It will not be going anywhere. I also don't think it is that bad of a system. People that want to PVP are where they are at if they want it. People that don't want to PVP can avoid it. Sure some things need to be worked out in the grouping and having warmode on and off situation and it is likely something we wont see until a major patch or the next expansion, but they will figure something out. But aside from that the major issue people are seeing is world PVP isn't as insanely popular as a few in a very vocal community made it out to be. When things are put on a more level and even playing field suddenly a lot of peoples love sinks away. Sure, you were once the baddest mother fucking 110 smoking level 20s in redridge mountains and now you are getting smoked (or even in some cases just being challenged is enough for some of your to wet the bed) because of scaling or realizing no one is there for you to gank because they are sick of your ganking ass. A lot of people just don't want to deal with the bullshit of PVP. Now once BFA rolls around and the bonus matters I am sure it will be used a lot more at first. Once the point of the bonus gets thin odds are a lot of people will suddenly ditch it again. World PVP just isn't as amazing as a few people made it out to be.

Don't get me wrong I loved world PVP in vanilla WoW and in BC. But then servers became this lopsided 2000 horde to 1 allaiance affraids where you hardly saw anyone so PVP server didnt matter. Then with phasing it became nameless person vers nameless person you never see again affair. It just lost its magic somewhere in there. This change brings some of it back as long as people participate. But that is the kicker.. if they do not.. then.. well... they do not and that means world PVP doesn't matter enough to people to keep forcing it and putting effort into making it right.

Too bad there are no more PvP servers. Best thing they could do IMO was to remove the server restrictions and leave it to the players to decide when to engage.

Im guessing they will try to fix it first. Aka, figure out how to ensure there is actually a threat there. I have been using warmode on alts and such and have seen zero alliance threats. The few alliance I have seen have been to pre-occupied at using the bonus to level rather then fight. Its simple, we need to see how this plays out at max level. Anyone before max level cares only to use the exp boost and not about actual PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

This represents one more step away from original World of Warcraft.

I believe they have by now changed or abolished every single original World of Warcraft game system.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

on world pvp servers
    There's no such thing.

- - - Updated - - -

The most stupid argument of all time. Just because we live on Earth doesnt mean we should be eating earth, make cloths out of earth and have buildings of earth.

There's enough war in warcraft already. It doesnt need to be 200%.

What week are we on now? Any day now.

I mean, only turning it on or off in the capital, preventing world pvp on world pvp servers etc...
    Not real sure what the issue is? Turn it on and leave it on? Unless what you are really saying is that you only want it on when you are winning but as soon as the tables are turned you want to be able to instantly turn it off...