Poll: Would you play on horde if it turned to be the "bad guys" faction?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They have always been the "bad guys" faction. And no.
    Yes because refugees fleeing from a murderous clan are clearly evil, what about the Alliance who went to war against refugees?
    Talking about orc here, obviously, as the original Horde.

In many ways Alliance = the USA and Horde = South America / the world
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely would, my only problem would be if the Alliance kept on getting wins over the Horde. As a bad guy I want my actions to make an impact, as a bad guy I want to sometimes have my faction just be blatantly stronger than the good guys.

Since I have played WoW I will have seen Undercity attacked twice and Orgrimmar attacked once while as Horde the only attack I have done against an Alliance city will be Darnassus. I understand the Undercity and Orgrimmar was sort of a joint attack by the Alliance + Horde but the fact remains those cities have been war cities while the Alliance hasn't seen as much.

So I would very much like to see Ironforge get attacked or something like that.

Horde has been the "bad guys" for a very, very long time. In my personal opinion since vanilla. From Forsaken kidnapping, experimenting upon, and murdering alliance members and civilians to Warsong orcs invading Ashenvale and launching unprovoked attacks on the Sentinels there, along with Frostwolves starting wars after squatting on human/dwarven lands. Undeniably since Cata, with Garrosh starting his genocidal war dropping WMDs left and right. I guess there was a brief intermission with Vol'jin's Horde where they didn't commit any atrocities. Just entered into an unprovoked conflict they didn't even seem to understand why they even were besides there were "alliance there to kill".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    In many ways Alliance = the USA and Horde = South America / the world
    the horde isnt THAT overpowered, theyre actually inferior ever since their decisive defeat in orgrimmar

Subjective.
    And inaccurate. Who's badass, the snarling beast that wins with pure strength or the humanoid half it's size that wins with martial skill?

I'm all for playing the morally ambiguous side. It's far more interesting than the good guys.

I'd still play Horde. Some of my characters would definitely fit in and embrace it, but it would feel weird to play a lot of my Horde characters if they actually became an "evil" faction.

If Blizzard ever threw their hands up and decided to make one faction completely evil though, they would have to let everyone pick their faction regardless of race. Forcing someone that wanted to be a part of an organization like Thrall's Horde to suddenly be a remorseless "bad guy" wouldn't really be fair. They're already pushing it with BfA.

IF?

Bwahahahahahhahaha

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I love horde races, but I don't want to be the villain.

I'm honestly only still horde because my guild is.

Horde

@Dizson: For me it depends on the individual toon and my character concept for that toon. I don't RP with others, but do RP in my own head quite a bit.

• My Tauren Druid is currently a conscientious objector. He objects to pretty much everything Sylvanas is doing and how she is going about it. He objects to mining Azeroth's blood, he objects to waging war on his fellow druids, he objects to burning trees to distract the wisps in Darkshore. If he knew about Baine being threatened for trying to maintain diplomatic relations with Anduin (without whom we might have lost Thunderbluff to the Grimtotem), he would object to that too. At this rate, if he fights in this war at all, it will be to defend the forests FROM the Horde.
    • My Troll hunter was fine. He doesn't trust Sylvanas and has his doubts about her war, but he was doing his job until she directed him to start killing loa (the owl spirits). His pet is an owl loa! So he actually had to fly back to Aviana's shrine to discuss that one. Only thing worse than pissing off the Warchief is pissing off the Loa! We decided he could shoo some of the spirits away and just tell Sylvanas he had killed them. Someone has to stay close and keep an eye on the crazy banshee queen, especially if his buddy druid goes native.

Bottom line is, I will still want to play through both sides of the story, but Blizz does make it hard sometimes to play their story and still stay in character. For those of us who care about such things (I know many don't, and that's fine. It's just a silly game).

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

They have always been the "bad guys" faction. And no.
    The Eredar (Draenei) were bad before the Orcs were bad. So by your logic, the Alliance were always'est the bad guys faction.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I play both anyway *shrugs*
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The Eredar (Draenei) were bad before the Orcs were bad. So by your logic, the Alliance were always'est the bad guys faction.
    the draenei arent considered eredar anymore from the moment they split

I don't play horde because its the bad guys faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell are you to judge the deeds of the mighty Horde and define what's "bad" or "good"?
    Whoever labels the Horde as "bad" immediatelly turns to dirty racist and will be punished!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, look at all the Alliance circle jerk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Who the hell are you to judge the deeds of the mighty Horde and define what's "bad" or "good"?
    Whoever labels the Horde as "bad" immediatelly turns to dirty racist and will be punished!
    by who? ur shitty sylvanas dictator? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Definitely would, my only problem would be if the Alliance kept on getting wins over the Horde. As a bad guy I want my actions to make an impact, as a bad guy I want to sometimes have my faction just be blatantly stronger than the good guys.

Since I have played WoW I will have seen Undercity attacked twice and Orgrimmar attacked once while as Horde the only attack I have done against an Alliance city will be Darnassus. I understand the Undercity and Orgrimmar was sort of a joint attack by the Alliance + Horde but the fact remains those cities have been war cities while the Alliance hasn't seen as much.

So I would very much like to see Ironforge get attacked or something like that.
    I don't think Ironforge could, it's to protected (up hill etc). Horde infiltrates stormwind so there's that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Horde is never "bad" its alliance corrupt leadership thats making them look bad.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Absolutly resoundingly YESSSSS!!!!!

Ave Sylvanas!

*lol:

yes
    230 70.12%

no
    98 29.88%
    Last edited by Escepticus; 2018-07-29 at 01:31 PM.