Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Travel time and incredibly boring DPS rotations.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    That one isn't actually true. I love vanilla but the dungeons were piss easy. Retail dungeons can scale up infinitely in difficult until they become impossible, no dungeon in the last 14 years have ever had the option to be that hard.

Sure you can run them on the easiest difficulty but that's like running RFC at lvl60 and complaining that it's too easy.
    You said it there yourself - dungeons were piss easy if you out leveled them. On intended level they were just about right if everyone knew what to do. I guess you've been playing on private server starting with 'K'. Their tuning is way too forgiving and lots of boss mechanics and even ordinary mob abilities are missing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I intend to recreate and level my old Forsaken Rogue in Classic, assuming it's included with the standard $15 sub, but I have no strong interest in fully diving in.

The main thing likely to make me quit is simple: Boredom. Leveling took ages in Classic and quests back then were fucking boring compared to today.

And frankly, if I'm going to grind out levels for hundreds of hours, I think I'd rather be leveling Allied Races for Heritage Armor.

Cause some Night Elf Hunter named Leggolass ninja'd their weapon drop.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Glad I played Rogue then.

2 Burton rotations.. pff.. As a Rogue you used atleast 4! 5 on some.

More than I do now in legion as ret.

Also, if you find nothing to do in a community driven game you are playing it wrong. I never Ran out of stuff to do in vanilla.
    Last edited by Askyl; 2018-07-29 at 01:23 PM.

If I had to guess, for a lot, its going to be the fact that their spec / class is worthless and cant be used for raiding or dungeons. Vanilla was a very different beast. I don't see anyone from legion liking it unless they were there in classic to begin with.

I think this is nothing but a failed experiment that should have never been green lit. I just don't see the player base for it being there.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I think this is nothing but a failed experiment that should have never been green lit. I just don't see the player base for it being there.
    Gonna have to disagree with you there because:
    --Millions have played WoW and might come back
    --Many people loved leveling and PvP in vanilla, and many liked how hard it was to get items/titles
    --Private Servers
    --How active this forum is
    --For every person in this forum there's probably 10 that will play but not visit this forum
    --Blizz posts saying they knew there was the demand but didn't want to maintain two copies of the game
    --People still play Ultima Online and that game has about a third of the features vanilla did
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with you there because:
    --Millions have played WoW and might come back
    --Many people loved leveling and PvP in vanilla, and many liked how hard it was to get items/titles
    --Private Servers
    --How active this forum is
    --For every person in this forum there's probably 10 that will play but not visit this forum
    --Blizz posts saying they knew there was the demand but didn't want to maintain two copies of the game
    --People still play Ultima Online and that game has about a third of the features vanilla did
    Few things. Private servers are not indicative of how many people would pay for a retail version of vanilla. As far as the statements for many people liked it, more people liked leveling and PvP after vanilla. However, it didn't keep them.

Also, cannot guarantee that statement of for every 1 here, 10 will play but not come here. That doesn't really mean much since we don't know how true it is. We also knew there was a demand, so did Blizzard. The real question is, How great is that demand? You also cannot compare Ultima and WoW. Two different games. One will not translate to the other as far as players go.

In short, I will agree to disagree. I don't see there being enough players to warrant it and I take the fact that Blizzard was so against it for so long as my backing evidence. However, now they have found a way to get people to pay for it thanks to every previous expansions content being unlocked with a mere sub.

As far as how long it will last, that will depend on a number of factors. Namely, how they handle the entire thing. Things like if its still unbalanced and only 1 class can tank, or if they will slowly update it or what in general.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2018-07-29 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Your arguments are reasonable but...if I dug up the blue posts I'm pretty sure there's overwhelming evidence that there are more than enough bodies to justify this project.

One of the things they said recently, and maybe it was Nostalrius that did this, but they said they recently found a way to make the old game sit on top of the current infrastructure which was a technical challenge they never had a solution for until recently.

Because they probably knew that they HAD to have the modern anti-cheating detection but until this recent development they couldn't use both those and the old game.

...as for how long it'll last, well, I think most everyone is expecting it to be enormous and then crater. But even with a fraction of the players at launch it'll still be plenty.

Hell people are still playing Diablo 2. I should look up stats for that, I bet it'd be interesting.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Respawns.

Both in dungeons and raids as well as in the outside world (I'm looking at you, Samophlange).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

I can imagine the buff maintenance, currency and mounts taking up bag space, and mana starvation will be some big factors.

For me, it will be the UI. I doubt Blizz could ensure compatibility from current to classic. It would be up to the devs, which I also doubt would work on compatibility to classic. It will probably get dmg meters, DBM, a unit frame mod or two, etc. I can't play WoW without the UI I worked on for current WoW.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Glad I played Rogue then.

2 Burton rotations.. pff.. As a Rogue you used atleast 4! 5 on some.

More than I do now in legion as ret.

Also, if you find nothing to do in a community driven game you are playing it wrong. I never Ran out of stuff to do in vanilla.
    More than you use in Legion as ret?

Crusader Strike
    Judgment
    Blade of Justice
    Templar's Verdict

Sinister Strike
    Slice & Dice
    Evisceration
    Rupture Situational

Backstab
    Slice & Dice
    Evisceration
    Rupture Situational

Sure, more than ret in a standard rotation, yep. Basically you don't know wtf you are talking about. Having actually raided as a Rogue during vanilla, both as Daggers and later on as Combat Maces, you are talking out of your ass if you think that the rotation was in anyway more complicated or difficult than the rotations of today.

The rotation of Rogue consisted of spamming backstab or sinister strike to get combo points on which you sustain Slice and Dice and throw the rest onto either Eviscerate or Rupture.
    Speciation Is Gradual

#1 Seeing people got "burned out" from "ALL" the grinding in Legion, they would hate Classic since it's even worse there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Av9 View Post
    most ppl will quit after they experience their first 4 hour detahmines shitshow fiasco
    Yeah, and that's just people trying to walk in and find the actual instance portal...

Boredoom and neverending grind. Also, there were like 10 quests for level 40 and up.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    2 Button rotation?!?!??!?!! i call bs. Most specs actually just spammed one button for the whole raid boss fight. Must have been fun.
    Hey, the real masters had to learn when to cancel a heal or let it go off so back off!

If people hate levelling on live atm classic will be brutal lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    If people hate levelling on live atm classic will be brutal lol.
    A lot of the criticism of live is that the time increase was just that. Nothing meaningful at all or challenging.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Toxic Vanilla community

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    What would cause a person that started playing in Legion to stop playing classic?
    --No (in-game) LFG
    There was an ingame LFG, it just wasn't very good.

The who point of the Meeting stones was as an LFG tool, but it literally never worked properly, you would sometimes wait hours for it to put a group together, then have someone 10 levels too low join as a tank, which killed the run. You used to be able to queue at innkeepers near the dungeons as well. So, potentially, that is something that they can keep in Classic, but improve the code for.