Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    There's honor in hard work, and Goblins work hard.
    Golbins "honor" contracts and gold, if the alliance decided to give Gallywix a better deal his cartel would fuck the horde in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    It's worth noting that only one group of Goblins joined the Horde, most of them are still Neutral. Much like a Gilinan or (Regular) Kul'trias human, you can tell a Bligewater goblin from other goblins by their click quotes.
    Also worth noting that in BfA, the Steamwheedle Cartel is confirmed to be secretly running smuggling operations, aiding the Horde. They wont outwardly join the Horde, but they've definitely got their money on our side. I'm interested in where that goes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Golbins "honor" contracts and gold, if the alliance decided to give Gallywix a better deal his cartel would fuck the horde in the ass.
    Not entirely true. Some goblins hold their allegiance to the Horde above Gallywix. Pretty sure it's in the blank scroll short story. It would certainly cause some to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Also worth noting that in BfA, the Steamwheedle Cartel is confirmed to be secretly running smuggling operations, aiding the Horde. They wont outwardly join the Horde, but they've definitely got their money on our side. I'm interested in where that goes...
    I'd say that is due to the steamwheedle roots with the horde, they were members during the second war after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Ooohhhh that sounds interesting!

Also kind of makes survival sense. The Horde more or less owns Kamildor and the steamwheele have most of their larger bases there. Makes sense to keep your conquering neighbours happy

Goblins have been there for the Horde among the original races that followed Thrall. Gazlowe was a questgiver in the "Founding of Durotar" campaign. That being said, goblins are definitely deserving of being called a core race to the Horde, despite how little presence they might've had.

I hope that Blizzard explores on the non-greedy aspects of the race a lot more, rather than simply going for the typical greed stereotype. They broke many tropes about many races in the last year or so. They could break this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I hope that Blizzard explores on the non-greedy aspects of the race a lot more, rather than simply going for the typical greed stereotype. They broke many tropes about many races in the last year or so. They could break this one too.
    Before the Storm was pretty good in that regard, with the goblin character they had a subplot for. Apparently he created the Horde airship mount we got from Blizzcon last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Before the Storm was pretty good in that regard, with the goblin character they had a subplot for. Apparently he created the Horde airship mount we got from Blizzcon last year.
    The little guys definitely deserve more recognition when it comes to their unsavory technology. It was a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    If the Alliance put aside their bigotry of Goblins, sure, but in the meantime Gallywix believes the Horde has more to offer them. So, it would probably take the death of Gallywix to remove the Goblins from the Horde.

If the Alliance put aside their bigotry of Goblins, sure, but in the meantime Gallywix believes the Horde has more to offer them. So, it would probably take the death of Gallywix to remove the Goblins from the Horde.
    If the Horde were the ones to get rid of Gallywix the Goblins would probably get even closer to the Horde.

I really don't know why he's still the boss. Hopefully his being an actual character in BfA is leading up to him getting replaced.

Well... First of all the Horde needs them because they are th main source of technology we have. It’s pretty much explained how it was with almost all the races in our faction, that joined after Warcraft III - “Forsaken/Blood elf/Goblin, you are an asshole that I wouldn’t like to see joining us, but someone brought a valid point of your value, so I’ll screw the entire Horde up but jam you in there... Who knows, you might be a Warchief someday!”
    Second, play through goblin starting area. They save Thrall’s ass and by an extension the entire world when Alliance (btw, I love how this situation is conveniently forgotten most of the time) tried to kidnap him and prevent him to reach the Maelstrom and stop the world from crumbling. Thrall really did owe these little green people his big green life.
    Third, goblins hate gnomes. Unless they are sexy gnomes, I guess... Damn you, Golden!

If Goblins would stop perpetuating Goblin stereotypes...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    If Goblins would stop perpetuating Goblin stereotypes...
    Right? Like sucking civilians into void so that they can suffer for eternity.

Oh wait, thats Alliance, my bad.

For the same reason the Forsaken are - they offered something the Horde needed at the time and were loyal to the leader in so far as it was in their interests. It was the face of muh honor, Thrall, who initially accepted them with Gallywix as leader. Honor in the tauren sense has always been secondary to what the blood oath to the Warchief is about, i.e loyalty.

Now they fill the role of the only race who's workers and civilians you can slaughter with impunity and receive no moral backlash for, be it in-game or from the community. How's those dead waitresses working out for your moral grayness, Anduin?
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we should make a distinction between Bilgewater Goblins and Goblins of other cartels. Gallywix isn't exactly an exemplar of the Horde Goblin experience. They retain quirky predilections towards profit and blowing things up, but definitely lean more towards traditional orcish ideals than their neutral kin.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Right? Like sucking civilians into void so that they can suffer for eternity.

Oh wait, thats Alliance, my bad.
    Nothing wrong with that, in fact it should happen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, in fact it should happen more often.
    Why, its pointlessly evil when you can just kill them. They dont even leave a corpse to use later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why, its pointlessly evil when you can just kill them. They dont even leave a corpse to use later.
    Void just sounds like a nice place to send all the greenskins to.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    Greedy, buttlicking, two-faced and weak.
    The only reason must be resources and obedience.

Thoughts?
    I think that you need to stop with that weird headcanon.
    Goblins are greedy. They want money as much as an Orc wants it's "victory". And they are loyal - unlike some Orcs, who always follow their Warchief even through dark paths (like drinking from an Old God's blood), the Goblins actually have the wisdom to bail out.

You also underestimate a Goblin's power. What they lack in bulk, they simply have in sagacity. Gallywix in his mecha was an equal match to Thrall, and in a "vision" scenario, he almost won against Garrosh.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2018-07-30 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    So I just finished the Highmountain allied race questline, and I noticed there was a lot of focus on honor, courage and loyalty.

Which made me wonder... How the Helheim did the goblins get accepted into the horde?!

Granted, this was under the lead of Garrosh. But the other leaders sure must have had a say in it?
    Greedy, buttlicking, two-faced and weak.
    The only reason must be resources and obedience.

Thoughts?
    Whats funny is that the Goblins are one's that forged the armor plates on deathwing in Highmountain all those years ago. You would think they despise the Gobos