Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    The topics I have posted are meant to stir debate. This topic is asking basically when someone kicks someone to the curb for not putting out.
    /10characterlimit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    60 pounds in 2 months is...kinda fast. I didn't think it was possible to lose that much that fast (at least, when it comes to losing fat). I'm down from 187 at the end of April (though 195 is the absolute highest I've ever been) down to 165 now. When I started, I couldn't even wear a belt. Now...not only do I have to have a belt to keep my work pants from just falling off, I have to have it on the third notch already.
    I’d say gz but let’s face it, you haven’t really done anything for it yet. Gz to the doctors?

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats, always fun to hear positive things happen in people's lives

I've started working out a while ago (mostly because of back issues and that I want to be alive and healthy when my nieces and nephew are growing up), and while it doesn't feel like I lost too much weight, I slimmed down a fair bit and gained more muscle mass. Hope to one day be as swole as my mage tower bear, so I can give all dem piggy-back rides

My ex wife did this and as a word of caution; while the initial benefit will come whatever you do, you will need to be disciplined to avoid putting that weight back on again.

It's a too obvious statement but it is also not as hard as you might think to put that weight back on (she did), because for awhile (as you know) you'll be more or less depriving yourself of all that you generally enjoy since your mealsize is about the size of a small pack of gum, but as time passes the mealsizes will increase gradually and it is quite possible to end up back where you were if you aren't careful.

Other than that, I know it's an awesome feeling and some tangible reward for the effort you put into the process, make sure you use that to keep your motivation to be disciplined and retain a healthy lifestyle in the long run

Deleted
    Do you only wear shorts?

I've been trying to find the exact amount of food I need to keep from gaining weight yet not losing weight either. I'm surprised at the tiny amount of food I need to get by, we're talking like two-four cups of food a day.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Cheat your way to weight loss. Well done.
    Don't buy new clothes till you stop losing weight, you will have to go buy new ones again (if you were large).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    That's nice. Now why the hell are people using MMOC as their personal life blog?
    No real friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    That's nice. Now why the hell are people using MMOC as their personal life blog?
    Hasnt it always been?

MMO Champ to me is that friend you phone up at 3am while drunk and high as a skunk to tell what is on your mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm a 40 year old smoker too and for the most part in overall good health. I wouldn't have called myself a fat healthy like my girl friend who's 5'7" and over 400lbs. She swears up & down she's "healthy" but I know she's not. She get winded very easily & has borderline HBP. My boyfriend has tried the keto diet but it is difficult being on it in a Hispanic household like we're living in. I told him when we move out at the end of the year we'll do keto for sure because that's the top recommended diet for post-op bariatric patients since it is no carbs and lots & lots of protein which is what we're supposed to be having anyway.

Well its been 2 1/2 months but close enough. With the nature of the bypass you'll lose A LOT of weight quickly because our portion size is a fraction of what we normally ate & then you add in the fact that about half of our small intestine is bypassed by rerouting so you have less intestine to absorb stuff like calories and fat.

Most insurance companies cover the surgery but you have certain things you have to do before it to qualify. My insurance required a medically supervised diet for 4 months before getting approved. And unfortunately yes many antidepressants can slow down your metabolism which will cause weight gain.

It was never an issue of "behaving myself". I gained weight because of uncontrolled depression. Once I got that in check & got on antidepressants I ended up continuing to gain weight because those meds can have that affect on the body. I didn't "use a cheatcode" because I had surgery. This surgery is a TOOL to help me lose weight. I still have to watch what I eat and exercise. This surgery is actually harder on a person than "doing it the old fashioned way" because I can literally throw up or make myself sick if I eat the wrong thing, eat too much, or drink with/within 20-30 minutes of eating something. Then you throw in the fact that every single one of my medications had to be re-evaluated because they weren't absorbing properly because of the surgery. Yeah, I totally used a cheatcode to lose weight and totally took the easy way out....jackass
    So you're an overweight 40 year old smoking college student on financial aid with both a girlfriend and a boyfriend living with his parents family?

What?!?!?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Do you only wear shorts?
    Basically yeah. I live in an area of California that stays relatively warm year round and then you add to it the "extra insulation" I have makes me stay warm all the time. I also wear sandals year round too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    so your weight was caused by consuming excess calories (a choice)

so it was only your own mind and life choices that caused you to be overweight?
    My weight gain was caused by severe depression that made me sleep all the time. Then when I got help for that the medication caused my metabolism to take a nosedive. I've done both a medically supervised diet & the gym but couldn't lose the weight. This surgery has helped me lose weight because of the restriction of food intake I have AND the bypassing of the intestines to absorb calories/fat into my body.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    So you're an overweight 40 year old smoking college student on financial aid with both a girlfriend and a boyfriend living with his parents family?

What?!?!?!
    I'm an overweight 40 year old smoker who is going back to school to get my nursing degree who lives with his boyfriend at his family's home because their home is literally 5 blocks from the college I am going to and who is receiving financial aid to assist in paying for school just like many others going to school are. There is no girlfriend involved for obvious reasons. "Girl friend" is not the same as "girlfriend" btw.....