Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I'd be surprised if he WAS just meant to be a minor DK character. The DK campaign was pretty clear that Bolvar is getting more active and competent than Arthas ever was. If the DKs didn't take his advice and instructions to heart he would have sent the Scourge out of Northrend to fight the Legion himself. That's not a minor threat.

Sylvanas knows there's a new Lich King, but I don't think she knows it's Bolvar.
    She never click the fountain in old Dalaran? No hordey ever clicked it and thought to tell her to get brownie points?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    She never click the fountain in old Dalaran? No hordey ever clicked it and thought to tell her to get brownie points?
    The method to see the cinematic outside the raid is not canonical =P

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Thats the only way it could makes sense, barely. And I really hope it doesnt go that way/ Not everyone has to be connected to everyone.
    Of course not, but this is actually interesting what with the newly Lightrisen Calia in the aftermath of Before the Storm. There's an interesting dynamic if she's related to the new Lich King after what the old one did, and even more so now that she's a new form of undead herself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    That was a cool idea, but the Horde crushed Southshore after the Cataclysm. Bolvar became Lich King before, and Calia says her husband was allegedly there, no?
    Calia was in Southshore, but it doesn't say -when- she was there. She escaped Lordaeron proper after lying in a ditch for 2 days waiting for Arthas to fuck off, then made her way to Southshore to be with her love. Then came the Blight. Now she could've been talking about the Scourge Blight because Southshore was attacked during WC3, or she could be referring to the Cataclysm Blighting where Deathwing's passing caused massive waves and broke the blight tanks that were being used on the soldiers in Southshore.

If it's the former, then Bolvar has a good chance of being her husband. If it's the latter, there's no way he's the one.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Calia was in Southshore, but it doesn't say -when- she was there. She escaped Lordaeron proper after lying in a ditch for 2 days waiting for Arthas to fuck off, then made her way to Southshore to be with her love. Then came the Blight. Now she could've been talking about the Scourge Blight because Southshore was attacked during WC3, or she could be referring to the Cataclysm Blighting where Deathwing's passing caused massive waves and broke the blight tanks that were being used on the soldiers in Southshore.

If it's the former, then Bolvar has a good chance of being her husband. If it's the latter, there's no way he's the one.
    I didn't realize it had been left so ambiguous, and merely assumed... But, upon reviewing the source text and carefully dissecting the word choice, I still can't say for certain. (I'm only trying to poke holes in this so hard because I sorely want it to be true.)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be surprised if he WAS just meant to be a minor DK character. The DK campaign was pretty clear that Bolvar is getting more active and competent than Arthas ever was. If the DKs didn't take his advice and instructions to heart he would have sent the Scourge out of Northrend to fight the Legion himself. That's not a minor threat.

Sylvanas knows there's a new Lich King, but I don't think she knows it's Bolvar.
    But that story is first of all contained to the DK campaign. The Legion is defeated, no reason for Bolvar to move out anymore. And again, it is important to state, that according to pretty much everybody elses story, Bolvar is dormant.

I think the class campaigns in Legion were supposed to be self-standing stories and not supposed to be the prequel to something new, because then it would be odd that only 1 class gets to see that prequel.

That said, Bolvar is ofcourse still a character that Blizzard can make use of, but then it will first be after many a patches or an entire expansion, where he is brought back into the story again or else it would seem very sudden. And to be honest, i don't think there is a room for a Bolvar storyline in BFA as it stands right now or else we will never get a conclusion to this faction conflict.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

You got bait out! And you got bait out!
    Now Sylvanas is baiting out everyone out there!
    Malfurion!
    Tyrande!
    Anduin!
    ...now Bolvar!

Although she's a tactical genius, I don't think she has any chances with Bolvar. He's a Lich King now. I think that even Ebon Blade knights are dangerous for her... and they're in HER faction. So I think that the one who has upper hand now is the Lich King.
    You could say what about Taelia - fine, she's probably his daughter, but that doesn't change anything. I think that she is meaningless for him. He's the Lich King, he has other more important things to do. He's not going to get baited out. He knows almost everything about her, he has broken her once.

There's nothing to stop him from doing that once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    But that story is first of all contained to the DK campaign. The Legion is defeated, no reason for Bolvar to move out anymore. And again, it is important to state, that according to pretty much everybody elses story, Bolvar is dormant.

I think the class campaigns in Legion were supposed to be self-standing stories and not supposed to be the prequel to something new, because then it would be odd that only 1 class gets to see that prequel.

That said, Bolvar is ofcourse still a character that Blizzard can make use of, but then it will first be after many a patches or an entire expansion, where he is brought back into the story again or else it would seem very sudden. And to be honest, i don't think there is a room for a Bolvar storyline in BFA as it stands right now or else we will never get a conclusion to this faction conflict.
    I don't think Bolvar will be a focus for BfA, or maybe even the next expansion, but I'm in the opposite camp: given Blizzard's recent statements about wanting to threat storylines between expansions instead of lurching from sudden threat to sudden threat, I'm fairly confident at least several class campaigns were supposed to set up future developments. The Priest/Paladin campaigns, for example, gave us some stuff with Calia in Before the Storm. It's unusual to imagine Blizzard would bring Magatha back after years just to do nothing with her, unless they were reminding people she was around for some future development on that front, and in the DK campaign Bolvar has gotten control of another four Horsemen.

The class campaigns are all canon and take place alongside each other; just because 11 classes didn't see Bolvar doesn't mean what he did with the DKs doesn't matter. It just means playing a DK's class campaign would give you more context into Bolvar when he eventually is a major player again - just like how doing the Paladin campaign gives you more Arator insight and explains that Light dreadlord that, to every other class, is randomly chilling on the Vindicaar when we go to Argus. Stuff like Bolvar in the DK campaign I firmly believe was Blizzard threading him in so they can use him in the future without it seeming as sudden as if we got nothing, even if not every player experienced that particular story.

We still aren't really sure if Bolvar is content to sleep again with the Legion's defeat or if he has come to the same conclusion as Arthas-Lich King in that Azeroth would be better served with everyone being Scourge.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Bolvar will be a focus for BfA, or maybe even the next expansion, but I'm in the opposite camp: given Blizzard's recent statements about wanting to threat storylines between expansions instead of lurching from sudden threat to sudden threat, I'm fairly confident at least several class campaigns were supposed to set up future developments. The Priest/Paladin campaigns, for example, gave us some stuff with Calia in Before the Storm. It's unusual to imagine Blizzard would bring Magatha back after years just to do nothing with her, unless they were reminding people she was around for some future development on that front, and in the DK campaign Bolvar has gotten control of another four Horsemen.

The class campaigns are all canon and take place alongside each other; just because 11 classes didn't see Bolvar doesn't mean what he did with the DKs doesn't matter. It just means playing a DK's class campaign would give you more context into Bolvar when he eventually is a major player again - just like how doing the Paladin campaign gives you more Arator insight and explains that Light dreadlord that, to every other class, is randomly chilling on the Vindicaar when we go to Argus. Stuff like Bolvar in the DK campaign I firmly believe was Blizzard threading him in so they can use him in the future without it seeming as sudden as if we got nothing, even if not every player experienced that particular story.

We still aren't really sure if Bolvar is content to sleep again with the Legion's defeat or if he has come to the same conclusion as Arthas-Lich King in that Azeroth would be better served with everyone being Scourge.
    We have yet to see if Calias story in BTS will actually be shown in-game outside of a small notice about her pressencens somewhere, so the priest/paladin campaign is not sure to be importnat. The same with Magatha. Blizzard have a tradition to pull up previous important characters to play some small role and use their name flare to bring some attention, but not more. Its like with Lillian Voss in the rogue campaign... She is pretty much just there to have a new known NPC become a follower, not to reinstated into the story.

While all the class campaigns are canon, they pretty much also rap up themselfs without any clifhangers. We can all imagine alot of cool stories with the characters from the class halls, but Blizzard have really given no hint at them being used at all. And after having experienced and consumed Blizzards way of telling story and using characters over time, i would be INSANELY surprised if we saw any of the class campaigns be of any importance in the next 2 expansions, both the story and the characters.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    I wonder why Sylvanas is such a hard name to spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    I wonder why Sylvanas is such a hard name to spell.
    trolls have stumpy fingers? at least most people that don't spell it correctly do so in order to trigger her fans, from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    trolls have stumpy fingers? at least most people that don't spell it correctly do so in order to trigger her fans, from what I've seen.
    Not that it takes much to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    No, in my opinion Bolvar is controlling Sylvanas.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    No, in my opinion Bolvar is controlling Sylvanas.
    THAT would be a goddamned MINDFUCK.

I think we are definitely moving in the direction of Undead 2.0 expansion. Just seems like lots of pre-seeding tidbits have come out after Legion and Chronicles V3

- Taelia being Bolvar's daughter (this is way to obscure to not have heavy lore consequence for the future)
    - Calia and the lightforged undead
    - The void really, really hates Sylvanas and possibly the undead
    - Shadowlands and afterlife theme dabbled in both Zandalar (Bwomsamdi) and Kul Tiras (Drust)
    - Kel'Thuzard being around in the Shadowlands, fucking shit up
    - Ner'zhul lingering around like a bad cough

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas trying to claim that Lich Queen title..

I know Sylvanas sill has a large fan base and its possible that making her the next Lich Queen could be a possible way of keeping her around without killing her off all the while making way for a real Warchief. Lets not forget that in Cataclysm she wanted to constantly go down that path considering she wanted an endless supply of undead. And she never denied she wanted to be like him.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-07-30 at 12:15 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Wait, what? Pretty sure that Royal wedding would been well known lore for a long time now.
    Calia married in secret to an unnamed guardsman... it's mentioned in Before the Storm... there is enough dangling plot hooks that Bolvar could have been said guardsman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Kinda related to the topic, but not fully - this is one of my favourite voice lines of Sylvanas from Heroes of the Storm: http://rpboyer15.github.io/sounds-of...s_Pissed08.mp3

Just to clarify, when HotS came out, Ilidan had a voice line saying something like: "What do you mean they added Monks before Demon Hunters? Monks aren't even a real hero class". It was like 3-4 years ago, when WoD came out. So there might me some hidden easter eggs in HotS voice lines as well ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    I was talking with a few of my guildies tonight and we all realized someone's name hasn't came up this expansion, Bolvar, we know that Sylvannas is obsessed with finding a way to create a new generation of Forsaken, ultimately her quest must put her looking for the helm of domination, since the lore on Bolvar is kind of murky at the moment it's not the biggest stretch that she could be using a proxy war with anduin to ultimately draw Bolvar out (if he has any feelings left for Anduin/Anger at the forsaken for the wrathgate) and given the nature of bonsamdi in BFA could her ultimate goal be to draw Bolvar out into the open to try and claim the scourge for herself?

Would "explain" the seemingly no reason for starting this war if she's playing a few steps ahead trying to get the Lich King to take the field since even the Legion didn't draw him out either.

- - - Updated - - -
    About that.. she didn't start the war so that kind of throws the entire theory off right from the start.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    I still don't buy that sylvannas is declaring a pre-emptive war against Anduin of all people and even if the mother theresa of Warcraft was planning to attack sylvannas and the forsaken he and the rest of the alliance seem to be primarily focused on her and the forsaken as they're the ones who have been causing a lot of shit since catacylsm the rest of the horde learned their "lesson" in MoP about what would happen during a full on faction war and the rest of the horde seems to not really have any gripes with the alliance after Legion.

It'd be like France attacking America cause Alabama said they don't like french food and don't want it in their country anymore, declaring war because something MIGHT happen isn't a justification or even a good reason.
    Using Anduin's name is the lie. Based around her claiming that he intentionally brought Calia to the Gathering in order to start a coup against her and install a puppet-monarch of the Alliance in Lordaeron.

It's part of Before the Storm, toward the end.

I actually mentioned her spinning that in the post you quoted.