Feral Druid - Artifact Skin Concerns

Hello, I did the new quest line that was released yesterday and decided that the new 2H Polearm is a better fit for my feral druid than the artifact daggers. I noticed that I lost my feral cat form skin when I equipped the 2H Polearm.

Is there anything in place for us feral druids to be able to utilize our artifact skins even though we will not be able to equip the artifact moving forward? The talent screen even advises us that the preferred weapon is a Staff or Polearm.

Thanks!

The only way to use artifact forms without artifact is to transmog your polearm into artifact daggers.Just go to the transmogrifer, in the weapon type choose Legion Artifact and then right click chosen dagger color variant to see the list of cat forms for that color and choose the one you like. You'll be stuck with having daggers visualy if you wanna use those forms since they are tied to the weapon appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    The only way to use artifact forms without artifact is to transmog your polearm into artifact daggers.Just go to the transmogrifer, in the weapon type choose Legion Artifact and then right click chosen dagger color variant to see the list of cat forms for that color and choose the one you like. You'll be stuck with having daggers visualy if you wanna use those forms since they are tied to the weapon appearances.
    Riparooooski. Thanks! I'll check it out this evening.....

I just jumped on my druid alt for the first time since the patch, and I can't even express my disappointment with getting stuck with the artifact weapon models just to get the forms I earned. Is it too much to ask to customize my caster appearance and my combat forms? UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    I just jumped on my druid alt for the first time since the patch, and I can't even express my disappointment with getting stuck with the artifact weapon models just to get the forms I earned. Is it too much to ask to customize my caster appearance and my combat forms? UGH!
    Blizzard are just lazy. This thing about it being "tied" to the artefact is bogus because you can *currently* transmog over the daggers with a different skin and in BfA you won't even have them equipped but they're saying it is "tied" to the artefact skin? How can it be if I'm transmogging over it already now in legion!

Two ways Blizz could have avoided this, because they have all of the assets available - put a form-skin option in the barber shop like hair colour, or have an NPC you talk to where you choose your skin, just like the large owl/small bird class mount NPC we have now. How hard would either of these have been to do Blizz, seriously?

My conspiracy theory is that people will want to use polearm transmogs, but also a cool form skin, so people will pay to race change to the new humans because they have new custom forms without having to use the dreadful daggers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Tieing the forms to the daggers/mitts is a shitty deal indeed! I'd suggest reporting via suggestions, bug report and official forums as it really is unacceptable that this is the case.

As I've suggested in the past, in a misc slot in the mog UI that takes care of forms separately from weapons is needed, but it seems they had run out of time to implement a non band-aid solution (not an excuse).

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they mentioned during the Q & A that that's how it works atm, but that they wanted to look into a way to adress this. Of course, when "when" is the question, I just hope it doesn't turn into an "if". Then again they said they wanted to potentially offer new skins in the future so there may be a chance... unless they are going to be lazy and lock these to weapons as well

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I believe they mentioned during the Q & A that that's how it works atm, but that they wanted to look into a way to adress this. Of course, when "when" is the question, I just hope it doesn't turn into an "if". Then again they said they wanted to potentially offer new skins in the future so there may be a chance... unless they are going to be lazy and lock these to weapons as well
    Ah good call. I'll have to go back to watch that. But I really do think it's just because they've run out of time. I just can't see how it is in pre-patch being their final design in covering druid forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    Yup. Tieing the forms to the daggers/mitts is a shitty deal indeed! I'd suggest reporting via suggestions, bug report and official forums as it really is unacceptable that this is the case.

As I've suggested in the past, in a misc slot in the mog UI that takes care of forms separately from weapons is needed, but it seems they had run out of time to implement a non band-aid solution (not an excuse).
    I agree that everyone should use the suggestion box and let blizzard know that this is important for us. I'm sure they have something planned but we can probably get it escalated if enough people voice their concern.

Polearms look much much better than shitty daggers...

This is sad we can't use earned cat forms with polearm on our back

I have the same issue, i HATE the daggers, they look HORRIBLE! Just make the cat forms an enchant or something, i don't want to wear stupid daggers, i had them mogged over all legion so they'd look acceptable but now i cant even do that anymore!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I have the same issue, i HATE the daggers, they look HORRIBLE! Just make the cat forms an enchant or something, i don't want to wear stupid daggers, i had them mogged over all legion so they'd look acceptable but now i cant even do that anymore!
    I'm willing to bet they have bigger issues atm with BFA around the corner. As they said in the Q&A, it is something they want to fix, but from the sound of it there's other priorities now. I too know it sucks, but I'd rather have them work on getting the expansion all fixed up

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I'm willing to bet they have bigger issues atm with BFA around the corner. As they said in the Q&A, it is something they want to fix, but from the sound of it there's other priorities now. I too know it sucks, but I'd rather have them work on getting the expansion all fixed up
    I can agree here. I'm more concerned with the damage out put of feral in BFA... Or the lack of rather.