Thread: Darkshore WQ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Dude is there like mercury in the drinking water where you live and you keep drinking it or something? I mean like holy fuck dude, what is your deal? Do you actually care, do you actually think you're right or are you just too fucking lazy to look the gear up on wowhead and see for yourself that all of that wod walvage gear was using re-used models? A lot of it actually is re-useds models from low lvl greens, and in fact besides the head pieces the gear is straight up the same look as the armor your character wears on the creation screen.

Go make a new character right now. Then stop posting entirely for the rest of the day cuz you dun goofed.
    The actual sets (not the random greens) were introduced at the end of Mists for the character boost, and the character creation screens were updated in WoD. The first time they were available outside of the character boost was the WoD salvage yard. Speaking of just liking to argue...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude is there like mercury in the drinking water where you live and you keep drinking it or something? I mean like holy fuck dude, what is your deal? Do you actually care, do you actually think you're right or are you just too fucking lazy to look the gear up on wowhead and see for yourself that all of that wod walvage gear was using re-used models? A lot of it actually is re-useds models from low lvl greens, and in fact besides the head pieces the gear is straight up the same look as the armor your character wears on the creation screen.

Go make a new character right now. Then stop posting entirely for the rest of the day cuz you dun goofed.
    The water here is perfectly fine, Ad hominem is uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    still its so lazy to reuse those models

pre legion invasions had its own unique models - this crap is dissapointing :/
    Yeah, I agree with this. I mean, the pre-legion models weren't super special, but at least they were unique.

When I did my first world quest on my druid I saw the icon for the head item and I was hoping it'd be a tier 11 recolour, as that's what the icon looked like. Kind of dissapoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Only people who bought a "level boost" have those transmogs...no?

So this entire trasnmog costs 60 bucks.

Pretty good deal if u ask me, getting them for free.
    Or create a Class Trial character > profit.
    Last edited by Detheavn; 2018-07-27 at 10:24 PM.

Yeah they only refresh once per day. A bit annoying, because some of my dualwielding alts only got a single weapon, which can't replace their artifact. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if they refreshed every 6 hours like Legion WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    New day - same quests - different rewards.
    I keep getting the same rewards. Worse yet, I'll have 2 belts and 2 shoulders offered on the same day. This has happened more often than not for my alts.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Huh, If they actually refresh once per day and all of them (Assuming that's how It will be in BfA) that might be a step In the right direction for WoW quests, because World Quests brought nothing new and interesting to the table that Daily Hubs haven't done already but better. Now If the WQs are available only once per day, instead of twenty million times a day, that'll make them more appealing to most people.

Now that's assuming Blizz will do that with WQs in BfA and not just Darkshore... big tough maybe since it's Activision Blizzard.
    Why does it matter if they refresh once a day or throughout the day? You log on and do the WQs whenever you want anyway.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I keep getting the same rewards. Worse yet, I'll have 2 belts and 2 shoulders offered on the same day. This has happened more often than not for my alts.
    Don't worry. Even if there are no new WQs tomorrow there will still be 4x 14 WQs to do. That is 56 chances of loot!

15+ Year Old Account
    At one point, for my DK, there was three of the same 1h sword up at one time as the WQ rewards, haha. Decent money selling them though.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

.... Which not a single level 1 character actually starts the game wearing.... Wrong as always bubbah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xistenz View Post
    Hope this reset will bring necklaces, cloaks, rings and trinkets
    Necklace would be a waste honestly, since the Heart of Azeroth is a necklace you'll be wearing in 14 days.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not. Zero reason to do these world quests at all unless you really need the gear. They aren't themed sets either, just cruddy reused looks from lvl 1 starter gear/crappy low lvl greens, but with generic mop weapon models.
    They're not "unique transmog", but the original ways of acquiring them are nowhere near as easy or quick to do. One requires you to use a level boost on an character to get the transmog (nigh unfeasible for 11 classes, the DHs gain their transmog in their intro scenario), and the other requires you to go back to WoD, build up your garrison and Salvage Yard to max (if you haven't already) and do max-level table missions to get a chance of getting Salvage Crates, and hope they contain one piece of the transmog set when you open them.

Took me a total of 27 weeks to get a single piece of transmog I wanted from those Salvage Crates. And I haven't even completed the set, I was just looking for a specific piece.

Doing the Darkshore WQs is a great way to get those transmog sets without having to do the above. Also, the gear from those WQs is quite good, above Relinquished level, and good to gear up alts.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2018-07-30 at 03:45 PM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Thought it would take weeks to get that Besides, im confused about all this other slots we can empower or w/e.
    Heart of Azeroth is, basically, your BfA artifact. You get it from Magni right after the Battle of Lordaeron. In other words; day one. The Azerite gear which you CAN upgrade is only helmets and shoulders I think, and you get one such item right after you earn the Heart. But it's true, that it'll take weeks to empower the Heart and thus unlock better traits.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought it would take weeks to get that Besides, im confused about all this other slots we can empower or w/e.
    Basically, leveling up the Heart of Azeroth would work exactly like it was for our Artifact weapons in Legion: you'd gain "Azerite power" from quests, bosses and chests throughout the zones, with the exception it's not an item that goes to your bag, it is immediately applied to your neck piece.

The Heart's level also determines how many "tiers" of available traits the Azerite armors (head, shoulder, chest) will have available to you. Greens will have lower Azerite level requirements, while blues will require higher levels, and epics will require even greater levels. Also, epics have more tiers of abilities to pick from, as well.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Love the WQs for my lower geared alts, think I have 4-5 out there just doing the WQs that got a feasible chance to be an upgrade. Got two hunters, but on one of them I had the MM-weapon only(and MM gameplay is ruined now ffs) so it was kinda funny that I got a 235 TF polearm from it (surv ftw now)

That being said, I do hope we get some more different rewards from the WQs we get next reset, I read that we could get gold and shit from them? Is that true?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    My favorite part about these quests is when 3/4 offer you the exact same piece of gear you don't need. They are useful for helping get my ignored alts ready for BfA, though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    May not be original or unique, but I still got an appearance I didn't have out of them.....
    Yeah I’m getting more than a few upgrades or new xmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah they only refresh once per day. A bit annoying, because some of my dualwielding alts only got a single weapon, which can't replace their artifact. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if they refreshed every 6 hours like Legion WQs.
    The worst is I've yet to see 2-h weapons on my warrior, dk, or paladin. I've had to make my DK frost since the 1-h was a huge upgrade over his Unholy artifact. And my hunter has only seen polearms, no ranged weapons. My druid, for some reason, is seeing 1-h maces.... possible for resto/balance, but there's been no offhand!
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

So, is there a 1H-mace, axe or a dagger available from these quests? My shaman would like to mog away from fist weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    still its so lazy to reuse those models

pre legion invasions had its own unique models - this crap is dissapointing :/
    Pre-Legion invasions just recoloured the WoD crafting sets.