View Poll Results: How far did you progress during Retail TBC?

Voters
800. This poll is closed
  • I did not play during retail TBC

35 4.38%
  • I did not have a lvl 70 during TBC (But I played)

33 4.13%
  • Normal 70 dungeon

19 2.38%
  • Heroic Dungeon

18 2.25%
  • Kara Progress

20 2.50%
  • Kara clear

40 5.00%
  • HKM/Gruul/Mag progress

21 2.63%
  • HKM/Gruul/Mag Clear

34 4.25%
  • SSC/TK progress

87 10.88%
  • SSC/TK clear (either or both)

22 2.75%
  • MHJ Progress

15 1.88%
  • MHJ Clear

6 0.75%
  • BT Progress

89 11.13%
  • BT Clear

52 6.50%
  • SWP Progress

175 21.88%
  • SWP CLear

134 16.75%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    TBC is where I started raiding but I had some misfortunes in finding a good raiding guild. My first guild was so bad it could hardly progress after Attumen, it was a guild that was made by some friends that grew to be a casual guild but wanted to grow to a raiding guild. That never went anywhere until we started to ask good people to help us out. My second guild was a lot better that had Kara on farm, if the group was good we could clear the whole place in one evening. This guild eventually died out due to a lot of inactive members and the raid leader not willing to form raids anymore. My 3rd guild which i'm still in today was pretty good who also had connections with some of the best guilds on my server, we formed several raids merged with different guilds and had Hyjal and Black Temple on farm. I didn't get far enough to raid Sunwell because of how exclusive the place was to only the most hardcore guilds, and I was not hardcore enough to participate.

In WotLK I had the best raiding experience with my guild. Then in Cata I was burned out of raiding and wanted to just play the game casually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE GONE.
    I CAN'T HELP IT I CHECKED IN BRIEFLY WHILE I STILL HAD INTERNET.

But yeah, also, my progress in SWP was almost entirely in the pre-expac nerf, though. We made it to Twins before expac dropped. Casual raid, not sure we would have made it much further even if we had more time.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Reliquary of souls was my last kill, my PC couldn't handle it so had to stop raiding, my guild did kill illidan and of course they didn't make past muru

My guild wasn't huge, so we mostly did Kara and ZA, but we did get 25 man raids going some of the time. We cleared Gruul and Mag easily enough, but didn't get much progress through SSC and TK before the WotLK pre-patch, when we pretty much stopped raiding. I remember joining another guild's hyjal raid on my priest around that time, but didn't leave my guild to join them as I wasn't that fussed about progress anyway (always played for fun first, even if it meant not getting far), and didn't think it was a good idea for a guild leader to abandon their own guild...

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    My guild died during SSC/TK progress.

Started raiding again after wotlk came out. Was pretty casual for most of TBC.
    that sucks man! I remember many guilds had trouble with bt because they would lose mwmbers and didnt want to clear ssc/tk every week to get new members attuned so it was a hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I CAN'T HELP IT I CHECKED IN BRIEFLY WHILE I STILL HAD INTERNET.

But yeah, also, my progress in SWP was almost entirely in the pre-expac nerf, though. We made it to Twins before expac dropped. Casual raid, not sure we would have made it much further even if we had more time.
    Enjoy your vacation or whatevs. I know I need one.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Wasn't that quote about Naxx, not SWP?
    Similar but different quotes.... The Naxx quote as I remember it was about people who even attempted it.... The Swp quote was about the success rate actually killing the bosses.

my guild couldn't down lurker

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a work schedule change a few weeks into Black Temple. Only ever filled in randomly after that through the end of TBC. The guild did clear SWP pre-nerf but I was still workign second shift and couldn't raid consistently.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Guild died on Muru.

10+ Year Old Account
    5/6 ssc 3/4 eye 4/5 MH and 4/9 BT. We did get vashj down in the Wotlk pre patch.

No Tusk Club.

I didn't get to finish it out, but before i had to take a 6 month break, we had several sunwell bosses down. They cleared it after the nerfs.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I was in a small guild and they basically just ran Kara and some Gruul/Mags with another guild on the weekends. I never got into the raid team when they were progressing, so I mostly did regular/heroic dungeons and pugs.

Eventually I ran Kara a few times, but it was basically on farm when I did. Don't care, got the healing mace off prince and other gear pieces, so it was a fun experience.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    We managed to clear everything up until SWP. Then summer hit, people started quitting the game and we couldn't really progress, haven't killed a single boss in SWP before we went casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    WoW, this thread really shows MMO-C does not refelct the majority of playerbase.

What the heck is this?

Either that or everyone is lying

Is this MMO-Hardcore-Champions?
    Everybody here lies. The numbers don't add up.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Finished Sunwell during WoLK pre-patch, but we were pretty close anyway and pre-patch made everything one shot. Still, it was TBC time so technically it was legit

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    at 66 responses, most interesting early result is 60% of respondents were in or past BT.
    Because these pools are the most biased thing ever, no offense intended. Self-selecting sample out of a self-selecting sample of players interested enough in WoW to not only browse a forum, but join it and comment/vote in its threads, who are also liable to overstate their achievements or straight up lie. Very few players even entered SWP seriously but poll says 15% cleared it? Yeah right. That's like a Legion poll saying 15-20% got Cutting Edge: Argus.

I remember seeing a similar poll for vanilla that had something like 10% of people clear Naxx which is obviously total bullshit in terms of both truth and representation.

It's useful to see how people on this particular forum stand in some way, but beyond that I put very little stock in the poll myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Wasn't that quote about Naxx, not SWP?
    Naxx was less than 1% with a single kill.
    Make your own groups!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I was only just starting SSC when I decided to take a break from WoW. I came back when WotLK launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Because these pools are the most biased thing ever, no offense intended. Self-selecting sample out of a self-selecting sample of players interested enough in WoW to not only browse a forum, but join it and comment/vote in its threads, who are also liable to overstate their achievements or straight up lie. Very few players even entered SWP seriously but poll says 15% cleared it? Yeah right. That's like a Legion poll saying 15-20% got Cutting Edge: Argus.

I remember seeing a similar poll for vanilla that had something like 10% of people clear Naxx which is obviously total bullshit in terms of both truth and representation.

It's useful to see how people on this particular forum stand in some way, but beyond that I put very little stock in the poll myself.
    Here's the vanilla thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...3#post49834423

It's pretty funny to see.
    Make your own groups!!!