Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I will level as blood and use Sephuz and Aggramars. Speed > all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    I will level as blood and use Sephuz and Aggramars. Speed > all.
    Until the mobs start wrecking your booty, then you might think about taking the boots off. :P

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Until the mobs start wrecking your booty, then you might think about taking the boots off. :P
    What leg will you take ? Because I feel like the difference in hps / dps is negligeable between all legs.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    prydas is actually really good since mobs will actually hit decently hard

- - - Updated - - -

until 115 prydaz might actually be better since the heart of azeroth talents are very weak ccomparatively and its like 280 ilvl vs 265?
    Prydaz is 265, Heart of Azeroth is 280.

Heart of Azeroth has much higher stats than Prydaz. +129 to crit/mastery/haste vs Prydaz +77 to each of those. We're talking just under double, 156 total secondary stats. Not only, taking heart of azeroth opens up a legendary slot elsewhere meaning a 265 armor piece somewhere else. All of this, even excluding the azeroth trait or the effect of the other legendary you take, is much greater than taking Prydaz on mere stats alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfiggy View Post
    I wouldn't count on Prydaz, since the Heart of Azeroth goes in the neck slot. We'll be getting that pretty early on.
    Aa right I completely forgot that the neck slot will be occupied. Will still give it a shot because of its massive shield but losing a ton of stats might not be worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    What leg will you take ? Because I feel like the difference in hps / dps is negligeable between all legs.
    Yeah barely any difference, I think sephuz is the only important one really for that haste. I use shoulders/chest in like all situations.

I'll prolly switch to sephuz at some point.

Having just leveled through BFA this weekend in Beta on my Frost DK, here's a few general tips.

1. You start getting Azerite armor upgrades pretty early. These generally start at ilvl 280 and you'll get a few 300 pieces as you level and are generally huge boosts in raw stats (at the expense of secondaries) in 3 slots: head, chest and shoulders. Thus any leggos that take up slots other than these are going to last you until that 115 cutoff point.

2. Around level 116 or so, you'll start to get green quest rewards that outlevel your leggos. Whether or not the stats work for your class is another story, typically just like in Legion you'll want to equip rings if they have better secondaries, and this is even more important given that Azerite leaves you with less secondary stats overall.

3. I found that the Toravon bracers were also hard to get rid of because bracer rewards were few and far between. Other slots got filled pretty quickly. You get a ton of rings thrown at you so Sephuz is probably not going to last far beyond 115. Best strategy is to throw every non-Azerite slot leggo with good stats (read: HASTE) in your bag and swap as you get better rewards. You still have the asinine "2 Legion legendary" restriction even as green quest rewards outscale them.

4. Haste loss from 115-120 is a REAL problem. The class currently feels really, REALLY horrible at 120 because of this, both as Frost and Unholy. Frost even moreso because of ERW and POF being on the global now. I'm currently 302 ilvl after a day of WQs, dungeoning and whatnot and I'm basically doing WQs as Blood because Frost gets destroyed by anything more than 2 normal mobs, let alone WQ boss mobs.

Nah, die with your boots on, mate

I like the feel of sephuz and shoulders for unholy, makes the 3 man group mobs soloable until they go dormant at 116

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Given the current state, that's probably what I'll be doing. The bonus effect from the legendaries seem pretty lackluster compared to the boots and their constant speedrun.
    If you want speed, I'd probably just go crafted belt instead of boots. Boots will fall off as you level up, while belt is a static % increase to movement speed.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    prydas is actually really good since mobs will actually hit decently hard

- - - Updated - - -

until 115 prydaz might actually be better since the heart of azeroth talents are very weak ccomparatively and its like 280 ilvl vs 265?
    Depends on your gear though. My copied rogue from live had 0 issues up until lvl 117 while my premade DK got hit hard af right from lvl 111
    Last edited by mmoc931205a829; 2018-07-25 at 12:50 AM.

Sephuz + Aggramars Stride. Our mobility is crap so this combo is my go-to for questing/transmog farming and outdoor content

Alternatively, Sephuz/Tovarons (Sephuz/Soul of the Deathlord for UH) before engaging mobs then switch to movement set after mobs
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2018-07-25 at 12:55 AM.

A little late to the party, but legendaries work only until level 116 and by this time nothing over 8-10 mobs really wrecks you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    A little late to the party, but legendaries work only until level 116 and by this time nothing over 8-10 mobs really wrecks you
    Prolly will be mounted half the time anyway. :P

Deleted
    What do you guys think would be the best spec to lvl with?

In Legion I had a pretty bad experience lvling as UH lvl 108-110. Frost seems like the obvious choice but UH does wonderful dmg very quickly with warmode talents.

On topic I think using cold heart with frozen heart talent will be over kill for regular mobs. It will probably do twice their health in dmg and its single target so in my opinion not worth it. I will be running burning wish but not sure about second legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post

In Legion I had a pretty bad experience lvling as UH lvl 108-110. Frost seems like the obvious choice but UH does wonderful dmg very quickly with warmode talents.
    I'm going to be using blood to level. Should be enough to dissuade the other faction from attacking me, and let's me mass pull absolutely everything in a zone no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Having just leveled through BFA this weekend in Beta on my Frost DK, here's a few general tips.
    Thanks for the info mate, really helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post

On topic I think using cold heart with frozen heart talent will be over kill for regular mobs. It will probably do twice their health in dmg and its single target so in my opinion not worth it. I will be running burning wish but not sure about second legendary.
    I'll probably level with Unholy. Will definitely run Ebon Fever with the Unholy Mutation PvP talent and a pack of mobs will probably be annihilated with the 400% eruption damage upon DoT expiry.

Other PvP talents will probably be Wandering Plague for the extra DoT and Necrotic Aura for extra magic damage. Interested in trying a Defile/Grip of the Dead build to give me some good kiting potential which should allow me to pull massive packs. Will probably run Death's Reach and Epidemic though, but I'll definitely experiment with talents a bit further during lvling as can't really decide right now with our current power level and Argus mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    The most important thing is that sephuz has a gem slot for the 5% exp gem.
    I know nothing about such gem, care to link me? curious on how to get as early as possible. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    I know nothing about such gem, care to link me? curious on how to get as early as possible. Thanks!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=153714/i...llite#comments just off trainer in beta, but may change at launch

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=153714/i...llite#comments just off trainer in beta, but may change at launch
    thanks! 10chrs

Edit. Didnt find any info on where to get that recipe either, anyone knows if it's early so I can take advantage on my main or just at 120 ( meaning only alts will benefit)?
    Last edited by otro; 2018-07-30 at 09:22 PM.