Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    He’s saying he doesn’t like those? I’m confused
    He's saying he prefers those over the Warbringer short artstyle being used (I think).

He’s saying he doesn’t like those? I’m confused
    When it comes to in-game cinematics: Machinima-like cinematics > 2.5D cinematics.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    When it comes to in-game cinematics: Machinima-like cinematics > 2.5D cinematics.
    That’s fine, I thought you were referring to the stuff using actual in game models. Like the Sylvanas vs Malfurion “fight” we saw last week haha.

That’s fine, I thought you were referring to the stuff using actual in game models. Like the Sylvanas vs Malfurion “fight” we saw last week haha.
    Nah, I meant pre-rendered cinematics like we get at the major points in the story, not those real-time cutscenes with character introduced in 7.2.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-07-30 at 10:12 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Nah, I meant pre-rendered cinematics like we get at the major points in the story, not those real-time cutscenes with character introduced in 7.3.5
    You mean 4.0.

Sure, in game cutscenes have gotten significantly better in late-legion and BfA, but they first appeared in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You mean 4.0.

Sure, in game cutscenes have gotten significantly better in late-legion and BfA, but they first appeared in Cataclysm.
    Cataclysm? You mean WotLK.

You mean 4.0.

No, I mean the real-time cutscenes that are generated in engine, they were introduced first time in 7.2. (I made a mistake, not 7.3.5). Terran Gregory was really excited about them, and the other devs were hyping them up too. The cata era were stil pre-generated or something like that, so they probably pushed the tech further in legion. Idk what they changed, they just were really excited about them. Which is weird, because even WoD had a cutscenes like that in grimrail. I dont find them that good.

EDIT: Speaking of Terran, hes back at it with his tweets.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-07-30 at 10:33 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

No, I mean the real-time cutscenes that are generated in engine, they were introduced first time in 7.2. (I made a mistake, not 7.3.5). Terran Gregory was really excited about them, and the other devs were hyping them up too. The cata era were stil pre-generated or something like that, so they probably pushed the tech further in legion. Idk what they changed, they just were really excited about them. Which is weird, because even WoD had a cutscenes like that in grimrail. I dont find them that good.

EDIT: Speaking of Terran, hes back at it with his tweets.
    Then what is this?

Cataclysm zones had several of these cutscenes.

Then what is this?

Read what I wrote again. You missed few sentences.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

@ Drekmar I thought those were introduced in the 5.4 patch trailer with Garry vs. Pandaman.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    @ Drekmar I thought those were introduced in the 5.4 patch trailer with Garry vs. Pandaman.
    Idk either. Its just that during 7.2 they hyped that they were finally doing real time engine generated instead of pre-generated. As I said, cinematics that are similar existed even in WoD so idk what was the change there, and they started to use them more frequently since. Only thing I noticed is that those from 7.2 take longer time to load some particles/objects/texture and sound is sometimes off on my older pc.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-07-30 at 11:42 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Then what is this?

Those Cata ones were still pre-rendered, it was like the first iteration of the in-game cutscenes. The reason Terran and other people on the cinematics team were excited about the re-introduction of them in 7.2 was because now they render in real time as you experience them, which allows them to do cool things with animations and your character that they weren't previously able to. At their core, they're the same and you're correct that they were added in Cata, but the way they work and are made is different enough for it to be considered a different thing completely.

Really wish they would add a community browser, can't believe that got past QA...also the UI for communities is fucking terrible.

Read what I wrote again. You missed few sentences.
    I don't get your point. In-engine, real time cutscenes with your character have been in the game since Cata. Legion gave them furher advancements, better camera and animation control, but it is not a new thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Those Cata ones were still pre-rendered, it was like the first iteration of the in-game cutscenes. The reason Terran and other people on the cinematics team were excited about the re-introduction of them in 7.2 was because now they render in real time as you experience them, which allows them to do cool things with animations and your character that they weren't previously able to. At their core, they're the same and you're correct that they were added in Cata, but the way they work and are made is different enough for it to be considered a different thing completely.
    But it is not new thing. Legion cycle gave them better tools for doing them, but they still have been in the game, rendered in engine in real time, since Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Really wish they would add a community browser, can't believe that got past QA...also the UI for communities is fucking terrible.
    Like a Looking for Guild kinda thing? Yeah that'd be interesting. Guilds and communities do need some work. I still love the idea though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Those Cata ones were still pre-rendered, it was like the first iteration of the in-game cutscenes.
    Wrathgate was pre-rendered. That cutscene was already in-engine.

Pre-rendered cutscenes cannot be changed during runtime, e.g. they cannot contain your character, since they were rendered at a time when your character wasn't available.

How many hours until the US severs are scheduled to be back online?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    How many hours until the US severs are scheduled to be back online?
    "Back" on line? They aren't off line. They'll be doing a one hour maintenance in about 7 hours if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    "Back" on line? They aren't off line. They'll be doing a one hour maintenance in about 7 hours if that's what you mean.
    Thanks. Yes obviously I ment when they will be back online after the scheduled maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh hey...Guys/girls...
    Found this and wanted to share...

And it's about time they changed the experience requirement for leveling honestly...
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2018-07-31 at 05:56 AM.
    For the Horde!