Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    See some of you aren't getting the point.. we weren't on a different server.. we have been playing for 10+ years on the same server.. never any issue and now suddenly with war mode we are getting separated unless one of us changes our settings.
    Turn off Warmode and you have the EXACT same situation you had before the patch. You are making issues of something where there aren't any. You just don't want to sacrifice the 10% increased rewards, which you didn't have before the patch anyway. This is not that hard to grasp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Hello

After all this effort to get players playing together I ran into War mode. Now I enabled it, not that I do any PvP but if there is a reward incentive it seems to me it is the default way to play. My girlfriend, who has less tolerance to be ganked, didn't enable it.

Now when we wanted to do the new quest line together it seemed we were phased away from each other. Trying to figure out why, I realized it was War mode that kept us separate.

As we always quest together if new content is released this basically means I am forced to disable or she is forced to enable. This all seems to go against the trend of what Blizz is doing over the last few expansions with making it easier to actually play together.
    Right and my buddy loves Horde and I'd rather play Ally. So way to go Blizz you've divided your playerbase! The same complaint can be about anything; mythic +'s, raiding ect. It 'divides' people into groups who want to do it and groups who don't.

Play with your girlfriend dumbass.

Now you have to take one extra step, to make sure to advertise Warmode or Not in the groups that are made. Oh dear its the end of the world! (though, it would be nice if blizzard had an option in the premade group finder to show if the group leader is in warmode or not, and let us filter based off of that.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Nope. PvE & PvP players could play together. Is everyone here new to the game?

- - - Updated - - -

PvP players could join PvE players and be unflagged for PvP. I don't know if it worked the other way because I'd never play on a PvE server, but you could join a PvE group seamlessly.

You cannot play with War Mode players if you have War Mode off. You'll be in a different phase, even if you get into the group. That's how it divides the playerbase.

It's the same as before. To go from a pvp to a pve server it would unflag you. If you want to play without pvp now you do the same thing, unflag yourself. The only difference is before it was forced upon you, whereas under this system it is voluntary.

It doesn't. The 10% is to ensure you don't lose out on rewards by playing with War Mode on. You play with War Mode on to PvP, and a 10% buff to compensate for time lost.

- - - Updated - - -

PvP and PvE servers could play together. Not the same, by any means.
    dude that 10% is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. Its like the dumb asses you see weaving in and out of traffic just to get some place 30 seconds faster than everyone elese.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    dude that 10% is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. Its like the dumb asses you see weaving in and out of traffic just to get some place 30 seconds faster than everyone elese.
    that's an entire level from 110-120. Do that over several characters its a lot of time saved. And its not just exp its gold, artifact power and war resource. And you receive 3 pvp talents which will speed up your leveling time even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    This is not a correct conclusion.

The player base HAD ALREADY BEEN divided by definition as one group had joined PVE servers and one group has joined PVP servers.

Now you have the option to opt out temporary. Even in your own example, before BFA your decision is made during character creation do you play PVE together or do you play PVP together or do you go separate ways. Now you can make this decision dynamically.

How come you suddenly see the divide NOW, and not previously when you have to choose a fixed pvp or pve server????
    Because before he and his GF would be on the same server, duh. They would not choose different servers.

OP - the solution is the same, though. Just as you two would not choose different servers if you want to play together, you need to not choose different modes now.

The OP's talking about questing. You cannot quest cross-War Mode. That's how it divides the playerbase in a way PvE/PvP servers didn't.
    You couldn't join a PVP server in cross realm grouping and not be flagged for PVP. At least that's not how it worked for me. When I joined a PVP server group, I was flagged for World PVP. You couldn't play with players cross realm, on a PVP server without being flagged for PVP.

Absolutely nothing is different now.

If you want to quest with someone else, you both have to decide "do we want to be flagged for PVP or not".

It was that way before.

It is that way now.

You could never quest on a PVP server while not being flagged for PVP.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    See some of you aren't getting the point.. we weren't on a different server.. we have been playing for 10+ years on the same server.. never any issue and now suddenly with war mode we are getting separated unless one of us changes our settings.
    We get that. So... which is more important to you, the Warmode perks or playing together?

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Play with your girlfriend dumbass.
    I quoted this due to the truth of it.

- - - Updated - - -

So when you were both on the same server before you were flagged for World PVP and she was not? I don't understand how you accomplished this.

- - - Updated - - -

Way to go Blizzard. I want to raid, but my GF wants to quest. I was raiding the other day and noticed she wasn't there. She wasn't even in the same zone. We can't play together until Blizz figures out how to fix this.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

If you want the extra rewards, make your GF put warmode on.... pretty simple... ?

10+ Year Old Account
    So play with your girlfriend and turn off the toggle? You caring about a bonus 10% is causing the divide. The system isn't stopping you from playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Way to go Blizzard. I want to raid, but my GF wants to quest. I was raiding the other day and noticed she wasn't there. She wasn't even in the same zone. We can't play together until Blizz figures out how to fix this.
    I love this.

Pretty much sums up the thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    oh shit Warmode is doing what PvE/PvP server did all these years !! and now u start to cry?
    Exactly I don't understand the complaints. I don't want to play with carebears I don't see the big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    They dont want people jumpimg back and forth to avoid combat or having unflagged people scout and phase in a group of people. It is a pretty simple concept if you want to do warmode you are on the new version of pvp servers if not you stay on a pve server until you swap in SW or Org. The only exception right now are the pvp WQ will flag you and warmode rules apply while you are in combat.
    I'm aware of the how and the why, it still divides the playerbase in a way that hasn't happened before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalera View Post
    It's the same as before. To go from a pvp to a pve server it would unflag you. If you want to play without pvp now you do the same thing, unflag yourself. The only difference is before it was forced upon you, whereas under this system it is voluntary.
    It's voluntary what division of the game you want to be part of, but it's a LOT more hassle to join the other side. The game is divided due to war mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I'm aware. Did I say anything that alluded to anything else? It's to make up for time lost to PvPing, without being abusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    You couldn't join a PVP server in cross realm grouping and not be flagged for PVP. At least that's not how it worked for me. When I joined a PVP server group, I was flagged for World PVP. You couldn't play with players cross realm, on a PVP server without being flagged for PVP.

Absolutely nothing is different now.

If you want to quest with someone else, you both have to decide "do we want to be flagged for PVP or not".

It was that way before.

It is that way now.

You could never quest on a PVP server while not being flagged for PVP.
    Yeah, just like nothing is different now to Vanilla. You level up to max, and you do dungeons and raids. It was that way before, it is that way now.

Now that we're done being stupid - before you could join any group and PvP/PvE flag was a small consequence, now the playerbase is divided and you have fewer people to choose from. You have to go to SW/Org to switch, rather than just join a group. It's a LOT less convenient, and as such it will definitely divide the playerbase.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    well of course it bloody divides the playerbase - into those who want to pvp and those who do not!

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    I don't see the problem.

Warmode aim is to divide playerbase in PVP and PVE outside Dung/Raid/BG/Scenario.

So you have 3 options : 1) Your GF stop begin a pussy and join warmode healing you while you quest/get ganked 2) You turn off Warmode 3) Stop levelling tgt
    Did you just assume her role because she's a girl?
    /s
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I don't get your problem, even in legion before prepatch, if you were in a group with a lead from pvp server, you literally had war mode on. You were going to get ganked if someone wanted to gank you. Or you were on a pve server if the lead was pve and you didn't have to worry about it.

Its the same thing here. You enable warmode for the rewards but chance to be ganked, or you don't. There is literally no difference. You just want your cake and eat it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    It always easy to find an excuse. How often are you planning to toggle? It's as if people want to do the quests, toggle to warmode and get the extra XP. If this is the case, the system is not for them.
    Im in warmode they are not they dont like pvp so i all ways got to go and turn it off to help them out or to play with them