Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    From a lore/RP perspective, it'd be nice to have a set of flavor spells that don't really do much for raiding/pvp. They have those pop out menu things now, for portals/pets/etc. They could possibly add some old spells back for fun/flavor using a pop out for them. But mechanically, the game doesn't feel like it is lacking. Classes (at least the 5 or so I play) feel good and fleshed out. I've been particularly enjoying Enhancement Shaman, Balance Druid, Arms Warrior, Frost Death Knight, Frost Mage, Beast Master Hunter, Assassination Rogue, and Retribution Paladin.

Glyphs are a cool way to add a layer of flavor to your class, and I think the game would benefit from expanding upon them. Slowly add a few options per major spell or something.

The old talent system was bleh compared to MoP and beyond. I suppose they could combine the systems, but cookie cutter was standard.

Professions do feel unsatisfying nowadays. I wish they would bring back some of the layers of cool items and fun consumables. Alchemy was fun at the beginning due to all the weird situational potions available, but those got dull after a patch or two. The biggest issue with professions is letting old stuff become unusable.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2018-07-30 at 07:48 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Eluci View Post
    i think it will be better if they add more abilities
    Agreed. A couple more abilities per spec. No more adding gimmicky systems.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

Some traits defenitely needed to fuck off. Every class had 10 ways of healing and escaping it was horrible, but yea the artifact abilities, sure.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    Nope.

You want that, classic is coming.
    ?
    Classic has less of everything, you know that, right?

No alot of the stuff they removed over the years were unecessary fluff that had no practical use and was really just there for the sake of being there.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    From a lore/RP perspective, it'd be nice to have a set of flavor spells that don't really do much for raiding/pvp. They have those pop out menu things now, for portals/pets/etc.
    I'd really love that, and I think a lot of people would.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Professions do feel unsatisfying nowadays. I wish they would bring back some of the layers of cool items and fun consumables. Alchemy was fun at the beginning due to all the weird situational potions available, but those got dull after a patch or two. The biggest issue with professions is letting old stuff become unusable.
    It's nearly impossible to get Professions/crafting right in any MMO. I think the "separate lines for separate expansions" move is a good one, but WoW has never had good crafting, and without a complete rebuild of the system (which won't happen), I don't think it ever will. Still, at least the current direct seems vaguely better than previous ones. It would be nice if crafting was in some way useful or profitable though, outside of exploit-y niche situations (which are so profitable you might as well skill up to take advantage in some cases).

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    But then you wouldn't be able to fuck with people? What's the point?
    Well to fuck with people is not really my point. Though I would seriously be psyched if it did come back as it was. I just honestly love the thing for class identity

gimmie back deep freeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about no
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Not everything, but the vast majority of the RPG elements and character customization that have been pruned over the years? Absolutely.

The game is a hollow shell of itself in many aspects, and if you think otherwise you either didn't play during the Golden Era or you have no conceptualization of what made this game great in the first place.
    Exactly this :/ So so true.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    I have to agree with this post but not in 100%. I'd bring some abilities and game mechanics and some should just stay removed forever.

Re-forging = Great source of customization your character in case you get a great item but the stats of all over the place. Makes your life easier to reach certain breakpoints. I do understand reforming was implemented into the game when we had "Hit/Expertise stats" so don't say that I'm a W-o-D Kid.

Gems = every piece of gear should have a gem spot it makes sense for people to pick up a jewel-crafting and gives you another way to customize your secondary stats.

More enchant = Like in the past we should have more enchants in the game: Gloves, Shoulders, Helmet etc...

Meta Gems = They should bring back meta gems in the helmet it was great to get that: 3% crit etc...

there are a few more I would have to think off.

Never ever bring symbiosis back = It destroyed the meta comps in PvP as 90% of the comps had Druid in the team - lol. Like a Disc had Cyclone, Shaman had Stealth, Hunter with Dash, Elemental with Solar Beam... It was just broken as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not, the removal of dull mechanics has allowed many classes to grow and develop.

Adding back 12 years of legacy spells would be impossible to balance and stupid to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragemax View Post
    Re-forging = Great source of customization your character in case you get a great item but the stats of all over the place. Makes your life easier to reach certain breakpoints. I do understand reforming was implemented into the game when we had "Hit/Expertise stats" so don't say that I'm a W-o-D Kid.
    Reforging wasn't customization, it was a chore. You plugged your gear into an AddOn and it automatically calculated the optimum stat distribution. It even applied it at the vendor automatically.

Gems = every piece of gear should have a gem spot it makes sense for people to pick up a jewel-crafting and gives you another way to customize your secondary stats.
    Also not customization, you would always just socket your most powerful stat, meaning you'd either be unable to use an item as soon as it dropped in raid, or keep a stack of cut gems on you at all times during raids...

More enchant = Like in the past we should have more enchants in the game: Gloves, Shoulders, Helmet etc...
    Also just another chore to make your shiny new drop actually usable.

Meta Gems = They should bring back meta gems in the helmet it was great to get that: 3% crit etc...
    I do miss the idea of meta gems, but they were just "pick the one which sims the best" and could force you to use sub-optimal gems in other slots.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2018-07-31 at 10:57 AM.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope,

i don't like a overflow of "stuff" just to have "stuff"
    On many classes i would even remove one or 2 more skills or merging them to have a nicer flow and space for active talents

Why are people so triggered by spells that they don't use in their PVE rotation? This kind of whining made PVP boring snooze fest, because utility is useless because you don't press it in your 1-1-1-2-3-1-1-1... rotation so we better prune it. And what about spells that add flavor to a class? Like paladin having spells against undead, because that's paladin's class fantasy. We better prune that as well, because it's not in my optimal DPS rotation and it triggers me so much that these spells are in my spell book. Unbinding them is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    No alot of the stuff they removed over the years were unecessary fluff that had no practical use and was really just there for the sake of being there.
    Sure, it's not like PVPers used 90%+ of their spell book... just because you didn't use it and found it unnecessary doesn't mean nobody used it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Nope,

i don't like a overflow of "stuff" just to have "stuff"
    On many classes i would even remove one or 2 more skills or merging them to have a nicer flow and space for active talents
    There is no space for more active spells after 2 expansions of pruning?

Quote Originally Posted by kinna View Post
    spells
    talent spells
    glpyhs
    profession stuff like gems
    basically all the good stuff they removed for no good reason
    No.

Not in the slightest.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    spells
    talent spells
    glpyhs
    Of course it would, just like it would be better if they removed the game-wide GCD nerf, and let us fly as soon as we reached max level.

The reason they remove this stuff is to intentionally lower the games quality of life, that way when they do something to raise the QoL we're tricked into thinking it's a good thing and they get credit for nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    You want that, classic is coming.
    Classic didn't have gems/glyphs/etc.

I had the most fun playing the classes during MOP, I leveled up some times a few of each class as different spec's, WOD came along and could not be bothered to even level more than three toons total to max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I had the most fun playing the classes during MOP, I leveled up some times a few of each class as different spec's, WOD came along and could not be bothered to even level more than three toons total to max level.
    I agree that MOP classes were the best, but I had an opposite problem. During MOP I had so much fun with my main that I didn't want to level anything else. Since WOD I've been leveling every class to max level, because I get bored really quickly with one class. But I still enjoyed the leveling process in WOD, getting perks, gearing in bgs and Ashran at max level. I had fun with each class for a few weeks. But in Legion I had to switch classes everyday so I don't get bored. It felt like MOBA, I needed all 36 heroes (specs) and switch between them often to enjoy PVP.

Personally I think we are in desperate need of a 110 and 120 talent row.

I think that would fix a lot of classes that feel broke.

They could have pulled them from Legendaries, and artifact weapon easy.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

spells
    talent spells
    glpyhs
    Yes my full set of bars would love that so much, I'd love for a bunch of abilities that were removed for a reason to be added back