Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    In the last hotfix:

Survival
    Serpent Sting's periodic damage is now able to critically strike.
    Kill Command's periodic damage is now able to critically strike, when talented into Bloodseeker.

Prepare for some damage fellow survival mates 8-)
    My guild pinged me on Discord about it to yell at me.
    Currently topping dps over my guild mates already.
    This will just widen the gap.
    Our frost mage sent me some profanity.
    I'm loving it, looking forward to raid this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    how is it hard to understand? People enjoyed the old surv play style. It was my personal favourite. They removed a spec playstyle to add a spec that was not needed. This game do no need more melee. There is to much melee.
    The same people happily switched to MM or BM if the dps as 2% higher... That's just a bullshit argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    The spec is entertaining enough if you take certain talents, viper's venom, mongoose bite, and especially wildfire infusion do a lot to help the spec.

However without those talents the spec becomes mind numbing, so I really hope those remain optimal/highly competitive when compared to the other more passive talents.
    Is there a single spec in WoW that's not mind-numbing at the moment? Would be good if it wasn't clunk af too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pulled out my 220 Polearm from Argus and started poking things with it. its pretty fun so far. Might stay it
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to trying out Survival.

I'm going to use it on an old troll character that I haven't really touched since WotLK. Getting up close and personal with a spear and a hyena. The melee animations look fantastic, and I appreciate that the rotation has been simplified from its Legion iteration, since that was one of the main things that put me off from giving it a go in the past 2 years.

I'm usually a Plate class guy. If I'm not maining a Warrior, I'm usually maining a Paladin or DK. But after playing the new Survival, I'm greatly leaning towards that as my main. My only reluctance is that it's the only melee option for the class and as a melee dominant player, if Survival ceases to be viable, I will be screwed. But that's also been an issue when I've played Ret, Enh, Feral, and WW. At least with Warriors, when one DPS spec sucks, the other is usually viable. I just don't trust Blizz enough to give a damn about Surv throughout the xpac.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Gonna be running BM as main, SV as off-spec.

Having A LOT of fun with SV again. The issue comes from transitioning to melee play after 9 years of playing ranged in raids...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    At least with Warriors, when one DPS spec sucks, the other is usually viable. I just don't trust Blizz enough to give a damn about Surv throughout the xpac.
    This is 100% my concern. I'll play SV if its accidentally overturned, but if not ill probably play BM or marksmen.

I’ll just treat it like I did in Legion: by pretending it’s Vanilla again and Survival may as well not exist. At least the other hunter specs are much improved going into BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    i love it and will main it on alliance
    Same. Horde BM main since Vanilla, but my Alliance main-alt will be Survival. SV sucks balls in Legion, but in the BfA Alpha/Beta/Pre-patch, so far, SV has been super fun to play.
    /Catchphrase!

15+ Year Old Account
    Been slowly narrowing down what I'll main, and Survival keeps surviving my cuts. Down to my final seven specs, and I have a feeling it'll make top 3.

Deleted
    Just tried Survival for the first time ever and much to my surprise I"m loving it. Definately going to main it in preference to BM which i now find clunky. (being able to transmog my weapon to the Very Light Sabre is also a bonus) Only down side is not being able to use Karoma but my new unicorn is shaping up nicely

This spec is so much fun

10+ Year Old Account
    The gameplay design is solid, I just wish it wasn't so similar to BM. Kill command, 'giant glowing pet' cooldown, etc. It feels like the kind of thing, IMO, where they're actually inching toward making BM the melee spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Been slowly narrowing down what I'll main, and Survival keeps...

...surviving my cuts.
    Fixed that for you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

i've been leveling a hm tauren survival hunter.

i have to say, it feels so much worse than legion survival. there's no flow, it's all just a jumble of hitting what's available.

flanking strike needs to go back to what it was. baseline, lowers the cd of kill command when you hit. lower its cd to 10sec or something, whatever it was in legion. if the spec just had flanking strike back in its original form, that would go a long way to making it feel better than legion survival.

i also don't like the stupid grenade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Fixed that for you.
    I guess if you needed it to be that more obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Change isn't automatically bad, but it isn't automatically good either. Survival was a bad change.

You're out of your mind if you think it was a great change. It alienated the class so badly that it stayed at rock-bottom popularity for the entire expansion with as much as 98% of raiding Hunters playing the other two specs. How you think a purely ranged class suddenly having a spec become melee overnight is "natural" is beyond me; I guess it's easy when you don't main the class and don't give much of a shit about the people playing it. But actually thinking that one of the most played and beloved ranged specs being suddenly deleted and replaced with the game's most shunned melee specs over a decade into the game's lifespan is peak delusion.

Yes, you heard it first.

Melee is a great match the class with this icon:

Yep. Perfect fit.

Melee just fits right in the class with this original WoW manual description:

Or this design goal:

Flawless.

For real though, you people make this too easy for me.

Oh, and nice "DAE homogenisation XD" meme. Because clearly it's IMPOSSIBLE to make 3 distinct ranged weapon specs. 13 melee weapon specs is fine though!
    haha. i refer to your username on this one :P
    14 years old stuff bro. game has changed.
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I guess if you needed it to be that more obvious.
    Aw, you don't get the Horatio reference.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Those who want the old SV hunter can enjoy it on classic servers when they go live.
    old SV is explosive shot lock n load, gtfo idjut
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've been leveling a hm tauren survival hunter.

i have to say, it feels so much worse than legion survival. there's no flow, it's all just a jumble of hitting what's available.

flanking strike needs to go back to what it was. baseline, lowers the cd of kill command when you hit. lower its cd to 10sec or something, whatever it was in legion. if the spec just had flanking strike back in its original form, that would go a long way to making it feel better than legion survival.

i also don't like the stupid grenade.
    I find a lot of the flow comes from wildfire infusion which you wouldn’t get till 100, I Proabbly wouldn’t play with out it and leveling is Proabbly poor without it.

Quote Originally Posted by saidolol View Post
    haha. i refer to your username on this one :P
    14 years old stuff bro. game has changed.
    Oh, show new 0 year old hunter icon then.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english