Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hope the Night elves get a story out of this, instead of always being the weak, incompetent victims that can't even fight in their own forest they have always been shown to be in the MMO, their absence in BfA is pretty stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    My big issue with this is that we're just seeing the one side (both Alliance and Horde) of Sylvanas actions. Unlike say the Broken Shore scenario where Horde see's a slightly extended cinematic that explains the Horde's withdraw (which Alliance misinterprets as Horde betraying the Alliance), this cinematic doesn't show that.

Instead it just further paints Sylvanas as a villainous character. If there is a redemption story here, it's going to be a tough sell (considering the actions we'll see in the Battle for Lordaeron). If there isn't, then it does seem very Garrosh 2.0 but replace True Horde with Undead.

And the backdrop for the expansion also seems weird. We know there are darker forces we should be fighting, an enemy even greater than the Legion yet we dive into petty squabbles over the life blood of the planet we're standing on.

Like Magni states, if Azeroth is gone, it won't matter if the Horde or Alliance wins.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No, you stop. I am proud of my warchief. The enemy is the Alliance and she is treating them as such. I would see you as a traitor and not a member of the Horde. THIS is the Horde I signed up for.
    The Horde that's literally declaring war on life and hope itself? You signed up to be a Saturday morning cartoon villain?
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Why? Do you even know her background story? Do you even know wtf she has been through ?! She has all the opportunity and reason to hate life itself! But I guess that was a bit too hard for you to realize? lol
    A sympathetic backstory explains but doesn't justify. That's the same logical fallacy Draco and Loki fangirls fall into. Furthermore, her entire modus operandi has about-faced since being impaled on Saronite and being resurrected by val'kyr; if you aren't questioning her judgement you need to take a step back and wonder why you're so caught up in a fictional character's cult of personality.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    B-but camp taurajo...
    You made my day

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Ah the shreaking of alliance fanbois
    I'm a horde fanatic and found it irritating , lazy writing . It could have been a plot twist , that would have hyped all for the BfA but this... Basically the warchief lied to the horde troops forced our hand on a war .. Not for the greater good of the horde but only for the sake of slaughtering elves just like Arthas did .. my bfa boner got blocked by the turns of the events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Do you even know her background story? Do you even know wtf she has been through ?! She has all the opportunity and reason to hate life itself! But I guess that was a bit too hard for you to realize? lol
    There's nothing "hard to realize", simmer down. She literally goes into detail as to why she believes what she does, as if it wasn't incredibly obvious to the playerbase already with how often she goes on about it.

Everyone understands why she's doing it.

That said, as someone who's living, it seems counterproductive to push an "anti-life" agenda. You're justification for her can be used for every villain in any game and IRL.

Just because you understand someone doesn't mean you agree with it.

"But guys, she would never just burn the tree! She isn't that evil! Someone else must have done it...the naga..the old golds...It was an inside job!" - Every hardcore Horde carebear before today. Lmao, I'm so glad they had her actually destroy and burn the tree. God, what an amazing day. Thanks for making the Horde great again, Sylvanas! No more pretending to be the 'good guys' and holding hands while skipping along with the Alliance. We are conquerors and dominators once more. Go play Alliance if you want that hand-holding crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I hope the Night elves get a story out of this, instead of always being the weak, incompetent victims that can't even fight in their own forest they have always been shown to be in the MMO, their absence in BfA is pretty stupid.
    Totally agree... good lord Night elve serve no purpose so far lorewise since the war of the ancient.
    And that Inuyasha crap between Malfurion and Tyrande need to stop

Where this story is going is... either Horde and Alliance goes to war and kill each till there is no one left... then the old golds appear for a high five...or...
    we're going straight for the third faction creation.... Horde, Alliance and Sylvanna's faction... (why do you think she kill so many people... she need to replenish her forsaken somehow)

10+ Year Old Account
    War isn't fair and neither is life, I am alliance from day one, and until recently never cared much for Sylvanas character, she always struck me as a emo fantasy, but now that she has some depth and heart, I think she can be hated and still respected.

She knows she is the monster and villain, she burned that tree to make the Alliance hate her, and from the Horde Point of View she is right. It's WORLD OF WARCRAFT
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The war she started for essentially no reason beyond power grab and paranoia is paying dividends. Her Forsaken forces are growing with all the innocents she's genocided, and she just eliminated the most powerful Alliance foothold in Kalimdor. I wonder if she'll genocide Rachet/Gadgetzan, who've been neutral but have allowed the Alliance an access point to Kalimdor.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I wonder how much money Blizzard has made from faction transfers in the past hour?

Deleted
    Come on, some people are never happy, when we had Thrall people whined for him being to good, he even got nick named green jezus.

Now we have Sylvanas who is refreshingly opposite and people complain again... sigh.

Its not that i agree with her or support her, but i kinda can see why she became like this, when the scourge invaded her home country none of the alliance came to the rescue.

as they say "what goes around, comes around"

.. ruined a character? Made her look like trash? GTFO! That's your pathetic opinion only. I find it so awesome, the direction this is going. Sylvanas' story has been so amazing through WoTLK and Legion and BFA!

- - - Updated - - -

So tell me Sherlock, what would make something truly amazing then? Do enlighten us with your awesome story telling please.
    lol what direction ??
    wotlk : vengeance on arthas
    legion: finding a way to not die
    bfa : going batshit crazy hellbent on eradication of life just like the LK wanted

Quote Originally Posted by shyruss View Post
    Totally agree... good lord Night elve serve no purpose so far lorewise since the war of the ancient.
    And that Inuyasha crap between Malfurion and Tyrande need to stop

Where this story is going is... either Horde and Alliance goes to war and kill each till there is no one left... then the old golds appear for a high five...or...
    we're going straight for the third faction creation.... Horde, Alliance and Sylvanna's faction... (why do you think she kill so many people... she need to replenish her forsaken somehow)
    Yeah, it's pretty stupid that night elves have only existed in the MMO to be the punching bags to get the humans to do something. If they don't get a big story in BfA (they get non in 8.0), then that's probably it for them. It sucks that the night elves can't even sneak around in their own forest as well as literally anyone who just walked in there for the first time as well. One time I would like to see them not stomped into the ground because they are just too weak and incompetent so the humans could react. Also yeah they really ruined Tyrande for no reason, and Malfurion always looks fairy weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLogic View Post
    Come on, some people are never happy, when we had Thrall people whined for him being to good, he even got nick named green jezus.

Now we have Sylvanas who is refreshingly opposite and people complain again... sigh.

Its not that i agree with her or support her, but i kinda can see why she became like this, when the scourge invaded her home country none of the alliance came to the rescue.

as they say "what goes around, comes around"
    I think it's great for a gameplay perspective. I just would've liked it more if it didn't feel so incredibly lazy and forced.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Basically. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    HA! This one gave me a good chuckle; thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    So why did we get rid of Garrosh again?
    For the loot, like everything else in this game.

One less ugly tree in the world. Thanks Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty stupid that night elves have only existed in the MMO to be the punching bags to get the humans to do something. If they don't get a big story in BfA (they get non in 8.0), then that's probably it for them. It sucks that the night elves can't even sneak around in their own forest as well as literally anyone who just walked in there for the first time as well. One time I would like to see them not stomped into the ground because they are just too weak and incompetent so the humans could react. Also yeah they really ruined Tyrande for no reason, and Malfurion always looks fairy weak.
    Yea i started playing Wow back in the days because of vanilla cinematic when that night elf shapeshift ...Night elf are by far my favorite race but sweet lord expansion after expansion... we only see them degrade to canon fodder lol.
    Tyrande was a bad ass back in the days making tough decision and all... and now..... crickets..... and the Tauren in all of this.... aren't Tauren druids...I mean... so far the lore for BFA is such a mess...