Page 27 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What's even worse is Tyrande abandoning her people to their fates and sending the Hero to do her job. She straight up hearts the fuck out of there and abandons the world tree. What a coward. Such shit writing

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Oh, i forgot about Helya nad Shek'zeer
    i did not count ony as it was a 1 boss raid

The thing is... have we had a Female final boss that's mostly humanoid in shape (so, more relatable to us)
    No, and to be fair, Azshara isn't that either.

Sylvanas is. At least her current, not-yet-corrupted-by-something, version.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Good for you that you can predict the future! I cuold use some lottery numbers!

Of course in a War you have: a winning side and a loser. HOW you win and lose is what matters. Of course, de gustibus, if you don't like it it's your own opinion, far from me to convince you.
    I'm not predicting anything. It's a videogame, we KNOW how it has to play out.
    Either we fight her or we don't, but the reasons on either side are bad because the reasons for starting it all are bad to begin with.

The best outcome is that someone else besides players kill her, but that's just a bandage on the wound of a bad story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

All the obvious stuff like her being villanous - which is something I continously pointed out - Blizzard clearly has something in store for her in the future, besides dethroning her from the position of Warchief. That something will tie her in with Vol'jin's "many will not understand" and the prophecy of five torches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I am confused. Just because of that dying nightelf talking a bit philosophical nonsense, she changed from "Invading" to "burn it". Just why? Even Nathanos looked like "WTF Slyvanas".
    Sylvanas doesn't like to be talked back to, or down to - she had the same reaction she did to her sisters in their reunion comic, really. This was Sylvanas basically playing philosophical "chicken" with the Night Elf nature/life credo. We now live in the aftermath of her affronted ego.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Sylvanas doesn't like to be talked back to, or down to - she had the same reaction she did to her sisters in their reunion comic, really. This was Sylvanas basically playing philosophical "chicken" with the Night Elf nature/life credo. We now live in the aftermath of her affronted ego.
    So moraly gray, do you still defend this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    She burns it not for the Horde, not for reasonable... reasons, not for strategy, but just because she really really wants to be evil?
    I don't know what to think, I'm laughing.
    I'm laughing too. It's a real shame they decided to write it to go down like this.

I hope they know what they're doing and manage to come up with a more interesting result at the conclusion of BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i know that tho.
    Ok so your entire comment that I replied to was for nothing?
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It's not crap. It is realistic and objective writing of a character we have records of for the past one and a half decade. What would've been unrealistic is that she lets the civilians evacuate.

People hold Warcraft writing to some unattainable standard, which is weird since it has NEVER been well written, its always been stupid fun even in WC1-3.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Understanding the reasoning behind the actions and putting them to words =/= defending it

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    To my knowledge, I never did "defend" it? I was expecting something a bit more nuanced than this, based on what the developers had previously said - so I guess you could say I was surprised at the ultimate result. Unsure if that is tantamount to a "defense," though?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    After death the property rights go over to the next of kin, meaning the citizens of stormwind have legal ownership of Lordaeron.
    So yes, it is alliance land.
    um......
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Life View Post
    The twist is that she wasn't corrupted by the old gods themselves, she was corrupted by Bolvar who was corrupted by Ner'zhul who is now working for Yogg-Saron since the Burning legion is no more.
    Could work. After all, the DK class hall campaign was very concerning, and had essentially nothing to do with the legion. Even the warlocks fought against the legion, athough for their own gain. Meanwhile, DKs bolster only their own ranks, creating new Deathknights, new Frostwyrms, and are hesistant to walk over corps.
    Pretty sure, Bolvar is up to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    1) Reported for harassment. You need to grow up little Hordie.

2) Nice comparison, made me laugh. Not even close though.

3) The whole of the Horde MINUS Saurfang keeps on willingly following the Horde under Sylvanas' leadership. Everyone has a choice, if you disagree with how things are done you can choose and not be part of it, like Saurfang. All the others who despite this follow the Horde and act on Sylvanas' orders are pathetic little savage mongrels who deserve to be purged from Azeroth for being an evil plague.

Wait til the Horde ressurect Jaina's brother, that's gonna be another round of Horde humiliation. How are you gonna defend them then, fanboy?
    You mad bro? Holy fuck you just got triggered

I can tell your panties are in a bunch because you're throwing around words like "hordie" and "fanboy"

I'm actually split across my toons, but nice assumption.

And it's the same logic, one bad person does not mean that everyone of the same race is bad. It's the difference between Nazis, and people who just happened to live in Germany. But you don't see a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Sylvanas got really bullied by that night elf, her reaction is 100% justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It's not crap. It is realistic and objective writing of a character we have records of for the past one and a half decade. What would've been unrealistic is that she lets the civilians evacuate.
    For once we agree. She already did this in Gilneas. This time around she didn't even put them in abominations first.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    A. This is our mistake, but we have to first release the story of Teldrassil and Lordearon in order to gain the game's popularity and this helped make Sylvanas and the Horde "Evil". Three animations will be revealed before Battle for Azeroth. We'll cover a variety of people here. For instance, Jania may have an abnormal side of her. You'll see the good side of the Horde. Nor will Anduin's Lordaeron's attacks be done for justice. Frankly, it is meant to show the king's dignity. The head of the state does not represent the camp.

You remember when blizzard said this lol?
    I believe they refered to Saurfang.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    For once we agree. She already did this in Gilneas. This time around she didn't even put them in abominations first.
    As much as this basically burries her within the Horde and puts an end to her future there, I don't see her ending like Garrosh.

I have a feeling that the Val'kyr that she makes a deal with are agents of the Lich King and that he duped her into thinking that final death for the undead leads to eternal damnation. Once she realizes this, the resolution of her story will follow. I see it happening this way because the only reason she's doing all of this is self-preservation, no matter the cost of life. Remove that thing which anchors her character to her present-self and you'll get the story to wrap up.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    This is extremely far from realistic.
    Even a bad leader knows this will result in retaliation. And the Alliance army is FAR bigger than the Horde army.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Sylvanas got really bullied by that night elf, her reaction is 100% justified.
    I'm assuming that is meant to be sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek? Otherwise, no. Just... no.