Wotlk 2.0 after BFA confirmed. Bolvar's daughter suddenly appearing, Sylvanas parallels to Arthas, and death magic getting introduced/explored upon with the Argus fight and in Drustvar are all the signs pointing to a Shadowlands/Wotlk 2.0 expansion. Oh yeah, and don't forget about the DK campaign in Legion.

I feel like we have been asking "Is this gonna be Garrosh 2.0" for months, and we are pretty much on the same boat *shrug* no twists whatsoever.

So unless this whole thing is really at face value and the end goal is to make Kalimdor Horde Controlled and EK Alliance controlled for real, I got nothing.

Cause like the only reason I can see for Sylvanas burning Teldrassil is because she agreed with Delaryn, you can't really kill hope; but you can get really close by obliterating their home. She literally knows that from when she died.

Although I am utterly disappointed with the cinematic, I'm enjoying the tie ins from different media.

In Jaina's there were the connections with her story from warcraft 3, with the end panel of her comic (even the sword with the necklace appearing), and the progression of "Why didn't you listen father?" to "We didn't listen. No one listened" to "I'm listenining now, father".

In Sylvanas' there's the inversion of roles in her character from her defense of Silvermoon to now. And more interestingly, her fight against "hope". In the anouncement trailer, Jaina refers that we're "Just waiting for a single spark, to set the whole world aflame". In Before the Storm, Anduin refers that a "single spark" of hope in the Gathering can wash over the world and bring peace. And in this animated short, Sylvanas is taunted that she can't kill hope. But just as she said in Before the Storm, hope is an infection and she can't afford to let it spread. Just as she did in the book, here too she takes matters into her own hands to kill hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You mean like .. Garrosh?
    You got me. Well yeah, minus the raid boss and stuff. Honestly I don't know what they are going to do. They really fucked up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Wotlk 2.0 after BFA confirmed. Bolvar's daughter suddenly appearing, Sylvanas parallels to Arthas, and death magic getting introduced/explored upon with the Argus fight and in Drustvar are all the signs pointing to a Shadowlands/Wotlk 2.0 expansion. Oh yeah, and don't forget about the DK campaign in Legion.
    If anything I think this twists points away from Wrath 2.0.

No way Blizz recycles the undead villain thing two expansions in a row. More likely this points us toward either N'zoth escaping this expansion alive (and the expected about face of this not being about war after all being wrong) or K'resh.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Later in the expansion : "Jaina starts casting a huge spell to kill every Horde members using some powerful shenanigans, Sylvanas decides to sacrifice herself by taking down Jaina at the same time to save the Horde." <- Blizzard : "See she's grey guys! She redeemed herself!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am still salty that Thrall stole my Garrosh kill.
    While I would have loved if we could have killed him, Blizzard was never gonna give us a cool cinematic for it, even though I had some choice DK themed methods ready in my head. So ultimately roasting him like the jaw-tattoed pig he is was the best we could have hoped for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Later in the expansion : "Jaina starts casting a huge spell to kill every Horde members using some powerful shenanigans, Sylvanas decides to sacrifice herself by taking down Jaina at the same time to save the Horde." <- Blizzard : "See she's grey guys! She redeemed herself!"
    Nah now that the cat's out of the bag in 8.1 Sylvanas will probably be in favor of just carpet plagueing Kul'tiras to kill the Alliance Champions all at once.

And then once all our faction angst and hatred is piled onto her they'll announce her as a raid boss, thus paving the way for another expansion of cooperation even though they could have made one now and nobody would have honestly complained.

The stump had to go, so Sylvanas became the scapegoat for its removal. Regardless, her character arc ended in WotLK, but Blizzard is afraid of killing off "Tier 1 and 2" characters.

"Hey guys we came from Draenor to escape a crazy warmonger that wants to enslave us what's going on--"
    <Sees Sylvanas blightbombing and raising innocents>
    " "
    <Slides back through the portal>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    The stump had to go, so Sylvanas became the scapegoat for its removal. Regardless, her character arc ended in WotLK, but Blizzard is afraid of killing off "Tier 1 and 2" characters.
    Honestly I think they lost that fear about when they killed off Varian and Tirion.

But there is no way she makes it out of this expansion as warchief, between Ion's comments about "there will always be those willing to take up the banner and fight for the Horde" and her announcement of Lich Queendom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nah now that the cat's out of the bag in 8.1 Sylvanas will probably be in favor of just carpet plagueing Kul'tiras to kill the Alliance Champions all at once.

And then once all our faction angst and hatred is piled onto her they'll announce her as a raid boss, thus paving the way for another expansion of cooperation even though they could have made one now and nobody would have honestly complained.
    Someone always complains at cooperation. No matter what direction Blizzard goes, complaining happens. I do have to wonder what people would feel like if instead of the factions doing something to capitals but the enemy(Old Gods or whatever)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted

lol wtf the hate

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier View Post
    I wonder what Ion will lie about in the next Q&A
    Blue eyes for Blood Elves

Lol Icy Veins is still pushing the story that the tree is corrupt and Sylvanas is doing as a favor? Is it sarcasm or do some people really have willful ignorance as a superpower?
    I mean Sylvanas may have done the right thing but it would be for entirely wrong reasons. Doesn’t help matters in the way she executed the burning too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post

lol wtf the hate
    I've been hearing that was retconned into "the Horde attacked first." Is that wrong or what? I really don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Icy Veins is still pushing the story that the tree is corrupt and Sylvanas is doing as a favor? Is it sarcasm or do some people really have willful ignorance as a superpower?\

https://i.imgflip.com/2f1ekr.jpg[/IMG]
    Probably Horde players trying desperately to avoid admitting that their Warchief is getting Garroshed.

I think I've posted this a few times now about the Horde and BFA, but this video still perfectly sums up the Horde this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I mean Sylvanas may have done the right thing but it would be for entirely wrong reasons. Doesn’t help matters in the way she executed the burning too.
    Even if that was the case(That wasn't unless Blizzard pulls a twist which just takes away some emotion of the cinematic and questline) it wouldn't take away all the lives that were taken. It'd be another "SYLVIE DID NOTHING WRONG1111" and honestly I'm ok with Sylvanas being a villain, just don't try deny that fact. Can't just decide "Oh she's innocent."

I've been hearing that was retconned into "the Horde attacked first." Is that wrong or what? I really don't know.
    Both were there fighting for the Azerite and there's been plenty of little skirmishes in the past.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2018-07-31 at 06:24 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzuya View Post
    yes its true. the horde attacked first. in the novel as you understand 90% of the playerbase is not aware of that at all. they see only what happens in game. and in game they see alliance attacking first. this is blizz's fault

i said ''wtf the hate'' because he mocked mmo-c

I like how Blizzard has canonically made Nathanos hesitate/act worried by Sylvanas twice in the leadup to BFA. Does he do anything similar in the War Campaign?