Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yup. Typical Blizzard ‘quality’. Garbage heaped upon garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    I've had warmode activated since patch release and saw 2 ally while questing/world quests, one rogue and a druid. Both ran away. Where is that "more immersive and fun" feeling? Didn't get that at all.
    Really? I've been seeing tons of folks, and have been having escalating PvP sessions that seem to keep growing in numbers of people.

ah reading these threads gets me off knowing I didn't resub or preorder bfa.

It might not be the worst but it certainly feels lackluster. Only WotLK and Legion had good pre-patch events.

Love this one, lets me gear my alts easy for the expansion. Legions was meh, I had nothing to level, and the questlines were like... 1 time things (DH don't really count, if you count them you have to count Allied Races). WoD's was meh, VERY short questline for a pet and a dungeon we then got to spend 2 years looking at. MoPs was.... Theramore... Pretty sure that was about it. Missed Cata's, Warths was so hated parts of it ended early. and I don't remember TBCs so no comment there.

Its literally less than 30 mins of content

I prefer this one over Legion. It's quick (the skip feature is great), the quests themselves are quick, it's some easy upgrades for my undergeared alts, they're easy to get to and you don't have to deal with invasions despawning while you are doing them. Only bonus the Legion one had is that you could level alts. Except it was a pain in the ass getting to those events/rares in time on a ground mount and make it back in time for the other stages. Let alone that you had to waste time on flightpaths trying to get to them, or heaven forbid getting there on foot (not sure if they added the toys that add all flightpaths yet).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Missed Cata's
    Cata's was simply annoying if you were on a low populated realm. Stopping the elemental invasions took forever and then you queued for a boss to get some mediocre and random piece of catch-up gear.
    BfA's one is simply: Turn in the starter quest, choose to skip the questline, get ported to Darnassus, check the map to see what you can get and pick wether you do them or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to skip the 2nd week's questline once you've already done it once? I can't seem to find any way to skip it.

Deleted
    Wasn't MoP only a scenario (Destruction of Theramore) that took like 15 minutes?

Saurfang: What I did to you, Malfurion, was dishonorable. I shall not kill you. I feel bad about what I've done.
    Also Saurfnag: I will calmly stand and watch as my Warchief, Banshee Queen, after saying that she wants to vanquish all life (including me then), sets a giant tree on fire, on which thousands of civilians live.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Wasn't MoP only a scenario (Destruction of Theramore) that took like 15 minutes?
    I rarely post on here, but even I had to jump in to point out that MoP had the worst pre-patch event, by far. Either people have forgotten, or people in this thread started WoW post-MoP. Trust me, no pre-patch has ever been as barebones and uneventful as MoP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Your wife said the same thing "5 minutes, pretty ridiculous"
    Stop rushing the content and learn to enjoy it
    I read all text and did the 4 quests that came out this week. It actually literally took about 10-15 minutes. Both last week and this week I had to ask chat "was that it?" because I wasn't sure. That's a bad sign when you ask that. Not saying this has anything to do with how good or bad BFA will be, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing compares with the build-up of the Lich King zombie plague event, or the capitol attacks of Cataclysm. Legion was pretty good though, it came close.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Anyone else feel like this pre patch event has been a major disappointment compared to the last ones? The story telling has been low effort. If you haven't done this week's new questline you won't know what I mean.

-Saurfang not killing malfurion over"a dishonorable kill". What does that even mean? You're okay with stabbing a guy in the back but can't finish the job. He swears to honor the horde and the warchief but he can't even perform a simple execution in the time of conflict?

-Short questline. I literally finished this week's questline in under 5 minutes. It's pretty ridiculous.

-Nothing new has been added this week except for the 5 minutes questline?
    So satisfying to see Horde tears over not getting to kill Malfurion.

Saurfang killing Malfurion in that situation would be completely out of character for him. You don't get to kill one of our faction leaders, get over it.

While the effort put into this event seems to be the same as WoD, Mists, Cata, and TBC (compared to the effort put into game in general), this is really the first pre patch that has made me LESS hyped about an expansion. I was really looking forward to BfA prior to 8.0 but after the awkward story of this patch I find myself less interested in the game. Not to the point where I don't want to play BfA, not even close, but I don't feel excited enough to start at midnight launch anymore, which I certainly did two weeks ago.

Yeah, no. That spot is for Mists'. They had one scenario that could only be played in just the one difficulty over and over and over again, and there were limited time rewards that were RNG-dependant so if you were into transmoggin' and stuff you had to run it over and over until you got every single item.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Anyone else feel like this pre patch event has been a major disappointment compared to the last ones? The story telling has been low effort. If you haven't done this week's new questline you won't know what I mean.

-Saurfang not killing malfurion over"a dishonorable kill". What does that even mean? You're okay with stabbing a guy in the back but can't finish the job. He swears to honor the horde and the warchief but he can't even perform a simple execution in the time of conflict?

-Short questline. I literally finished this week's questline in under 5 minutes. It's pretty ridiculous.

-Nothing new has been added this week except for the 5 minutes questline?
    I don't know if it's the worst pre-patch event, I think some were smaller than even that, but it's pretty lame, yes.

Deleted
    I am not too bothered by the pre-patch event, but tbh whole BfA is lackluster so I guess it fits thematically.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't know if it's the worst pre-patch event, I think some were smaller than even that, but it's pretty lame, yes.
    The only one that was that short and lackluster was MoP with the Theramore scenario. Pretty much all the others were longer or had something else to do while waiting for the xpac to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Really? I've been seeing tons of folks, and have been having escalating PvP sessions that seem to keep growing in numbers of people.
    Really? Not sure why I'm seeing no one. =/ I thought people just didn't want to pvp but maybe I'm just bugged or something? Or they put me on a server with nobody on lol.. I really saw close to no one so far only horde..B
    Last edited by alexchaos; 2018-08-01 at 12:05 PM.

Wasnt you here for Prepatch MoP?

All we got was 2 awful scenarios and we was left hanging lorewise till we read that shitty book!!

That was the worst prepatch imo