Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxellion View Post
    Roleplaying aka living out a fantasy about propagating genocide really says something about your own character.
    Have fun being an edgy nobody "bad boy".
    Says nothing about my character; but way to jump to conclusions. Did you by chance take from my post that I am 34, a proud father of (3), a role model and father figure to both of my fiancees kids, a self employed electrical contractor with over 40 employees that I consider to be my family. That I am active in my community, donate to charities like the boys and girls club, site on the board for our electrical apprenticeship program, supporter of our local native american tribes and many many other things I don't need to list. My recommendation to you is don't draw to much from a single post on the internet....you might end up looking like a tool mate.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Well, I just did this quest where some orc's dragon mount was injured so he asked me to gather mushrooms from a gnoll village to heal her. That involved killing the entire gnoll village.
    When you say kill a village, do you mean kill all the NPCs in the area, or were you killing some Gnoll moms with little cubs strapped to them while they ran away from you? To me it's not clear at all that if you kill every enemy in a particular village, that that means the people there have been wiped out. It's a game, so there is still a certain amount of abstraction involved - to me there has to be a lot more to the world than our characters ever interact with, I just have to imagine it is there. Maybe to you, the world as presented by the game is exactly how it "is" (gets weird to discuss when you're talking about something made up in the first place!) If so, then there is still a moral difference between what you do and what Sylvanas does! If you accept that the world is exactly as presented, then all those Gnolls came back, you did nothing wrong - the Tree ain't running back to its corpse and repopping. If you accept that there is a certain amount of abstraction, then all you did was kill all of the relevant armed/combat-worthy Gnolls. Their people live on, you just never saw them because it costs money to make new NPCs so they need to have a purpose beyond fleshing out the world.

Either way you're wrong :thbbbbbbbtttttt:

Deleted
    Over half of you all do not even know what war really is.

Mass murder/genocide go hand in hand with war. Most of the most massive wars in history had some sort of massacre/mass murders.

WW2 had :
    Russians mass murdering hundreds of thousands of European civilians in Eastern European countries.
    Nazis commiting genocide.
    US massacring 2 Japanese cities with nuclear attacks.

Pretty much every side was involved in some type of mass killing of civilians.

Massacring innocents are a part of war.

Sylvanas did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Well, I just did this quest where some orc's dragon mount was injured so he asked me to gather mushrooms from a gnoll village to heal her. That involved killing the entire gnoll village.
    No it's fine because they're just Gnolls silly. Life is only valuable when its the lives of the main faction races that we have come to know and love over the years. You CAN'T brutally massacre them or commit war crimes against PLAYABLE races! That's immoral and wrong. However, if we were going into some Furbolg camp, killed all of them, killed their chief and stole all of their beads, well that's just dandy.

On a side note: I've played Horde since Vanilla. I remember when everyone on Horde side was pissy because you never get to be that bad guys and its always some compromised bullshit. Now we finally get to be the real Horde and suddenly all of the "Horde" players are up in arms over it? You Alliance re-rolls can all suck it. Morals and principles don't win wars. I can't wait for Jaina to show you that, only for the Alliance to turn on her and kill her because "that's not our way".

Deleted
    its so funny that a single sentinel nobody makes sylvanas REEEEEEE so hard that she goes trough and burns the tree down. she is the perfect representation of the current SJW society. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    Guess who burned down Teldrassil. It wasn't Alliance nor Jaina. Nope. The Real Villain who burned down Teldrassil was Sylvanas all long. Yup after all these crazy theories of who burned it down. It was the Banshee Queen herself.
    Yeah! Woo! We did it!

HORDE! HORDE! HORDE! HORDE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile genn greymane is unironically dabbing on those who doubted him

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    its so funny that a single sentinel nobody makes sylvanas REEEEEEE so hard that she goes trough and burns the tree down. she is the perfect representation of the current SJW society. xD
    She was the enemy commander, not some random sentinel.

Deleted
    I am just sad the horde will have to loose another warcheif. Why did they have to waste sylvanas like this, i guess the Loa of marketning is the most powerfull of all the Loas

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    1) accomplished her main objective nonetheless, elves driven out, Kalimdor for the Horde etc. .. also dont have to spare troops to defend the tree now ^^
    2) put real despair & the fear of God into the random night elf

todays bottom line: Sylvanas 2 - Tree Huggers 0 xD

could have been 3 - 0 if Saurpussy didnt bitch out

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Except they'll never do that because in the end it's a business. How would it be if one day some alliance dude logs on and it says "sorry can't log in your faction was wiped out. Ty for the cash tho".

Neither faction will ever totally win. EVER. Because money. So aiming for that does nothing. Which really only shows how useless to actual gameplay and story this faction war is. There literally won't be a winner and eventually we will sing kumbaya and save the world again.

It is the most pointless thing.
    Of course they won't wipe the alliance out, but it certainly is fun to dream....and this is a game I think we can all have some fun with it. And I love that they are bringing the war back to warcraft; though I imagine it's only the starting content for the xpac. I am sure we'll all be back at fighting the next apocalyptic force that for whatever reason has it's goals set on our total destruction. I am just tired of taking on the next impossible bad guy and then winning. I know they tried to make this sense of loss in Legion with killing off some pivotal characters but they failed in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by temple1337 View Post
    No it's fine because they're just Gnolls silly. Life is only valuable when its the lives of the main faction races that we have come to know and love over the years. You CAN'T brutally massacre them or commit war crimes against PLAYABLE races! That's immoral and wrong. However, if we were going into some Furbolg camp, killed all of them, killed their chief and stole all of their beads, well that's just dandy.

On a side note: I've played Horde since Vanilla. I remember when everyone on Horde side was pissy because you never get to be that bad guys and its always some compromised bullshit. Now we finally get to be the real Horde and suddenly all of the "Horde" players are up in arms over it? You Alliance re-rolls can all suck it. Morals and principles don't win wars. I can't wait for Jaina to show you that, only for the Alliance to turn on her and kill her because "that's not our way".
    It's almost as if there was a mixture of people with different opinions playing at both times, and each subset was upset about different things. Weird. One of life's mysteries.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    War Mode is already a huge success imho. So you might want to invest in some adult diapers :P

And for the record, I completely agree with you. I had to stop playing Alliance because they are basically a bunch of boring pansies. Not very interesting at all. I'll still play them a little just to see the story from their perspective. But overall, imho, Alliance is the boring faction and Horde is the interesting one.
    I've been loving it so far but I wish they would flesh out joining a group that has warmode turned off. Wanted to bang out the greater invasion last week and had to go all the way to Org to turn off and back out because there were no warmode groups doing the greater invasion.

Sylvanas' horde is not the horde I joined. I joined Thrall's horde, which was actually meant to be peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraxes View Post
    There are just no real consistency with the Horde as a whole after this, they hated Garrosh for what he did
    I found the problem
    you actually think the hated Garrosh while he was winning them victories and bashing on the alliance, they didn't, trolls, orcs, forsaken etc happily went along with his war, hell Sylvanas went too far and had to be told by Garrosh to go easy on the genocide
    it's only when he started to crack down on horde members that they turned against him, resulting in them having a convenient scapegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I found the problem
    you actually think the hated Garrosh while he was winning them victories and bashing on the alliance, they didn't, trolls, orcs, forsaken etc happily went along with his war, hell Sylvanas went too far and had to be told by Garrosh to go easy on the genocide
    it's only when he started to crack down on horde members that they turned against him, resulting in them having a convenient scapegoat
    Yep, everyone was on board the Garrosh Lebensraum Train until the time came for him to crack down what he viewed as the lesser races of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Yep, everyone was on board the Garrosh Lebensraum Train until the time came for him to crack down what he viewed as the lesser races of the Horde.
    You don't understand, we were morally against him, we just followed him because he was getting us stuff we wanted, and then turned on him because he was mean to us and it hurt our feelings. So we... we... wait. Lalalalala I can't hear you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll copy paste my response from another thread on this:

How depressing.

I honestly have no idea why I even attempted to assume the other day that Blizz had some grand story twist. They are just shit writers, I have said this many times but keep giving them the benefit of the doubt.

What does make sense is that Saurfang will have to put her down like the dog she is and become Warchief. Since Undercity is being taken over by the Alliance, there seems to be no place left for her anyway. But at this point...nothing logical from Blizz is bound to happen. It seems they just go full retard on every plot.

I am fine with Horde being the bad guys...but this writing is utter shit. Especially because those under Sylvanas do not share her ruthlessness and are torn. It is not sustainable, why in the hell did they have to go there again!? Blizzard needs to hire a team of competent writers and flesh out a real story that spans 4 expansions so they can stop retconning and painting themselves in corners. It is just so crazy that a game like this is wandering off the path so much. It's like the soul of the WoW story has dementia and the player base is constantly having to run off and find their poor old relative.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

I don't play Retail and I don't intend to until they release the Classic servers, BUT and this is a big BUT, you guys forget that in Vanilla we learned that Teldrassil is tainted and fouled by Staghelm.

It may seem that Sylvanas Windrunner (one of my favorite chars from WCIII) is an evil heartless monster, BUT she may be privy to information you simply DO NOT HAVE atm, information that compels her to burn Teldrassil for the good of Kaldorei and Sindorei alike.

Hold your horses, I don't think Sylvanas is completely consumed by evil.

A tribute to Sylvanas from Vanilla:

https://classicdb.ch/?item=13130
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2018-07-31 at 08:56 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    So why did we get rid of Garrosh again?
    Because the writers decided that he would be racist and then the vastly non-orcish felt like maybe this wasn't great