Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horuseternal View Post
    LOL yeah its gone, but then so is another city, majorly fu**ed up all about making the left half of the map red and the right half blue (save for silvermoon of course)

Edit, just in case OP hasn't seen the full story renamed the other city xD
    What about the Draenei starting zone? Thats pretty close to Teldrassil? They just gonna leave it alone or do they figure a bunch of space goats don't pose a threat?

out of curiosity will newly created night elves start somewhere else now?

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I wish they'd commit to the change. Remove it entirely. No dragon to go "back in time". Nullify the mage portals, the dalaran portals, everything. It's stupid to have the city "destroyed" but it's still there like nothing happened.
    It is to allow for things like rep grinds, pathfinder achieve and mount vendors. As well as the leveling zone for initial characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Moonblade View Post
    ... yeah, not getting involved with this kind of nonsense. You answered my question, and it's both.
    The real question is the space goats now have a spaceship with a giant laser cannon on it. Why don't they use it to win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    that cinematic shows nothing that suggests he could have done anything about the arrow (or many others to follow) even if he wanted to ..

and thats before we get into the banshee powers

you are seriously biased if you think Genn has any chance in a 1v1 fight to the death vs Sylvanas
    They had a fight and we know what the outcome was.

The main thing was Genn denied Sylvannas immortality. She lost again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Unless you are a fire elemental you aren't hearthing to darnassus anytime soon
    I shouldn't laugh, but I did. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aekero View Post
    out of curiosity will newly created night elves start somewhere else now?
    No, the phasing stuff for that zone (and the 'other' one) doesn't kick in until 110.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

who said its "dead city who cares", nothing dead more than exodar and silvermoon, plus its got no flying zone.

xXx English is not my first language xXx

I say we start our own new World Tree. With blackjack.... and hookers.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is my favorite horde lore character always will be.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I'm willing to bet that the burning of Teldrassil was not the work of Sylvanas directly. Or that the motive was not just "fuck alliance".
    You should definitely do the questline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Horuseternal View Post
    LOL yeah its gone, but then so is another city, majorly fu**ed up all about making the left half of the map red and the right half blue (save for silvermoon of course)

Edit, just in case OP hasn't seen the full story renamed the other city xD
    What about Exodar>

Don't worry, this is a perfect excuse for them to return these cities with HD updates. Perhaps Teldrassil's replacement will actually look like a tree rather than a stump. Think, Broken Isles and the huge tree.

Meanwhile, we're still a half-done middle school project in Ogrimmar...

If Exodar is gone for Alliance, surely Silvermoon will be destroyed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Is this just a bad joke or reality? I mean Alliance will take it back in a couple of days, right, or am i missing something? Horde can't just occupied the most beautiful Alliance's city just because of some crazy story going on lol.
    What if Alliance would take control over Thunder Bluff for example? See? Horde would go crazy
    If Horde really needs to occupy one of the Alliance's capital city let them take The Exodar, i could eat that.
    When I first heard of World of Warcraft being a MMO back when it was announced, like early 2000's, as a big WC3 fan I was wondering how they would do building, base and city destruction and take over in a MMO. As you can imagine, my first impression of WoW was absolute and total shit. Since then I always wishe the game would have the balls to straight up destroy things that people love to bring back the feel of Warcraft.
    I guess losing Darnasus is one step, a very small one, but still in the right direction. Maybe one day we'll be able to atually build cities and defend them from attacking players and it will fianally feel like the game it should have been all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    This makes me want to join the horde as a gnome lol.
    Gnomes know all about nuking cities, easy recruit for the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If Exodar is gone for Alliance, surely Silvermoon will be destroyed as well?
    Since when is Exodar gone? The Vindicaar wasn't all of it.

Yea no it's burnt. Like always with destroyed zones, there'll be a bronze dragon NPC to talk to to revert it back it it's original state. New Nelf characters will probably start in the past version of Teldrassil. I like that Blizzard isn't afraid to destroy towns and zones in their world. It really gives us a sense of the world changing and makes the Horde & Alliance's struggle feel less like some kind of stagnant, eternal Tom-&-Jerry-style-conflict, and more like things are actually happening. More like both sides are taking real casualties that can be felt by us players.

The asymmetry in casualties feels good for the world and it's story as a whole, although I sincerely hope Darnassus doesn't go the way of Gilneas, where the conflict is neve resolved here and we are just left without a city. Either Blizzard gives us a new Night Elf city in a future expansion, or we re-take Gilneas, turning it into a functional hub for Night Elves & Worgen refugees. Judging by their track record with Stormwind Park and Redridge Bridge, it'll take YEARS for this to happen, and Night Elves will be squatting in shitty tents and other cities until then...

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    After BfA launches Undercity it is gone for good, and so is Darnassus, get over it I know I did already.
    I doubt that blizzard is going to take away undercity as it's the only convenient portal on that continent for the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    literally 1 arrow takes care of the mutt
    We already saw, this isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalKitten View Post
    I doubt that blizzard is going to take away undercity as it's the only convenient portal on that continent for the horde.
    Nah, we got Grom'gal, Booty Bay...also Blasted Lands portal, as well as the Dalaran Pit portal, oh and Silvermoon, oh and Stonard, Arathi highlands portal - there is no getting rid of us, just like we can't truly get rid of the alliance on either cont.
    Last edited by Aerisot; 2018-07-31 at 09:06 PM.

Would be awesome if they did a huge zone (think Suramar in scale) for the next expansion, with questing for the Alliance revolving around helping the elves build a new homeland/capitol city, like the Rexxar quests in WC3.

The horde quests would of course be about sabotaging the building of the new Night elf home (but ultimately failing in the end - maybe because of political reasons, like the Horde druids interfering).

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    We already saw, this isn't true.
    > cinematic shows 1 arrow hit turns him into an old man
    > not true
    > kek