Question Why not create a third faction that is unquestionably evil?

I believe creating a completely evil playable faction could be a solution to all this black and gray morality business. Neither Alliance, nor Horde are truly evil, but they are not good either. I think that is the root of the problem. There should be at least one uncomprimisingly evil faction, but that can be neither Horde nor Alliance.

Why don't we bring back Undead Scourge, with Ner'zhul taking over Bolvar? Or something similiar to that?
    Last edited by Dark Succ; 2018-07-31 at 11:13 PM.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    To much work, so much easier to reach for low hanging fruit!

5+ Year Old Account
    No we need faction that is neutral. Focused on saving the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    To much work, so much easier to reach for low hanging fruit!
    Time to get shit done then. They did once, they can do again. It's worth to take the risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I think NPC Factions should be netural, not a player faction. If a netural player faction is made, then there is no point for Alliance and Horde. That is not the result we need.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWarrior View Post
    Time to get shit done then. They did once, they can do again. It's worth to take the risk.

- - - Updated - - -

I think NPC Factions should be netural, not a player faction. If a netural player faction is made, then there is no point for Alliance and Horde. That is not the result we need.
    They had a better staff back in the good old days...now it's being lead by a troll like Ion #MorallyGrey

Forsaken, death knights, demon hunters and some other “assholes” as a third faction of people who get shit done but may burn cities of civilians to reach their goal. I’d like that.

Why not create a 3rd faction that doesn't give a crap about Alliance v Horde, and just does their own thing w/o being evil. You want evil, you have the Horde(now) to play.

it's way too one-dimensional to write any faction as the "good guys" or "bad guys"

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWarrior View Post
    Aye. This third faction is like that fucking legend who plays Chaotic Evil, but doesn't hinder his party while doing that unlike many other people who play Chaotic Evil. They kill villain of the week, take it's power, and use it for their own goals, causing atrocities like Third War and profiting the shit out of it. This would also make PVP better imo.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, Horde shouldn't have been evil. Nor Alliance should be. I am not saying they should be made fully good either. I am saying that there can be a greater evil that could be playable.

Edited, because I realized I argued against my own fucking point.
    Thing is.... the could just leave Sylvanas, as is, and continue to make her the leader, and just make a new 3rd neutral faction.

If I was a Dev I would fight for a choose-your-own-path faction. You start as unfriendly/neutral with everything and based on your rep gains and losses will depend who is hostile and who is friendly, even Horde and Alliance. Similar to the Scryers/Aldors but applied to the whole game even who you can dungeon/raid with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I love the new Sylvanas stuff, but the Loa-appointed Warchief doesn't really sell me and when she yells For the Horde I really cringe. We need a monsters faction in Northrend with San'layn, Worgen and Forsaken that can be morally scrupulous for the greater good of fighting the Void.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Everyone that suggests this conveniently forgets about faction imbalance. It sure would be fun to be one of 200 neutral players on a server with 500k Horde and 800k Alliance!

3rd faction will never happen. Every BG would need to be reworked. There might be legal issues from other MMOs based around 3-faction combat. Dividing the populations will only make it more difficult for guilds, raids, and any sort of group social activities.

I always supported this notion. Would be great to have a third faction with no desire to save Azeroth or whatever.

we have an unquestionably evil faction now, we call it the horde. a third gray faction would be a cool addition though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    That would literally be the Alliance if the Horde didn't keep stabbing them in the back.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Because we have the horde

If you want an evil faction, the horde is there for you.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!