Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Can we stop acting Sylvanas suddenly turned evil?

She has ALWAYS been evil. Remember Warcraft 3, where she went «Omg I hate trolls, leave none alive!» and where she fucking betrayed garithos and murdered him after he helped her out. Lets not talk about how she obliterated southshore, opened a concentration camp dedicating to crushing human heads, or that little incident at gilneas.

Yeah that invasion where she used plague to yet again kill thousands of innocents? Resorted to biological weapons after garrosh told her not to and destroyed the entire kingdom. Actually, the destruction of gilneas is WORSE than that of telerassil since there was no plague involved.

Sylvanas has always been backstabbing and evil, and before you say «shes a warchief she should act like one»
    Remember that the original warchiefs burned stormwind to the ground or made a road out of draenei bones? Voljin even says he doesent trust her right before electing her.

And its not like any of the horde races arent opposed to joining her. Orcs have been capable of showing blood thirst and doing shit like this EVEN under thralls horde, remember The True horde? Forsaken and goblins, yeah, loyal to their leaders and gallywix and sylvanas seems very close. Alliance caused great suffering and massacred tauren in all of barrens, oh remember Bael modan? Dwarves butcher a tauren tribe leaving 2 alive. I honestly doubt the trolls care, neither the blood elves as they are racist and xenophobic. Only people who might give a shit are pandaren

I for one enjoy being evil for once, last tile i had that chance was in Swtor
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah go back and have the Alliance pay a little more respect to the Horde, show a little appreciation by not trying to guilt them after Varian died, and not achknowledging the Horde lost their own and had to leave Varian because they were dealing with problems of their own.

I think the not treating the Horde like second class citizens probably would have gone a long way towards bridging a trust after the death of Garrosh.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Most people don't read the novels or the quests. They just see what happens in cutscenes/voice acted dialog, and cinematics.

Pretty much. She's done nothing she hasn't shown herself able to do before and the Horde haven't been noble savages since WC3 or TBC at latest. Just enjoy the show. It's so easy being evil.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Most people don't read the novels or the quests. They just see what happens in cutscenes/voice acted dialog, and cinematics.
    And there have been cutscenes ingame for years portraying Sylvanas as evil enough to disgust Garrosh "Orc Hitler" Hellscream.

Yeah, I also find it pretty ridiculous how people seem to just notice that Sylvanas is evil, when she has been like that since the very beginning (at least the beginning of WoW, her WC3 persona was a bit more subtle).

"hello, we're torturing prisoners, slaughtering innocents, bombing whole cities with biological weapons, and people only know realize we actually might be evil, who would've know ?!"

I think the general problem most people have are the "it's morally gray" part

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I think the not treating the Horde like second class citizens probably would have gone a long way towards bridging a trust after the death of Garrosh.
    Horde are citizen of the Alliance now ? We really learn a lot.

(and yeah, I mean, why would an Alliance that was created to fight against a bunch of genocidal invaders from another world, which magnanimously spared them after a hard-fought victory that saw half the world ruined by them, and was repaid by the creation of another horde trying again to conquer the world, would actually not be friendly ? Surely it's their fault for not being nicer to people who just tried to kill them three times in ten years ! Boooh !)

She literally done the same thing she did to Gilneas. Literally. Make a city uninhabitable and salughter anyone on the way, civilian or not.

But it seems everyone cares about some sodden stump burning much more that about interesting city.

I may be a Horde but if i were Alliance i would choose Gilneas over Darnasus any day.

If anything she is much more tame now, she simply kills everyone, not rises them asap as she did in silverpine questlines.

You misunderstand. We are lamenting here suddenly becoming stupid.

Deleted
    Sylvanas has always been evil. Back in Classic, she committed revolting experiments on war prisoners. She allowed the Forsaken to build an internment camp upon the ruins of Hillsbrad where to experiment and torture humans (she only decreed the Warden stationed there a traitor after he started to experiment on other Forsaken). Reports from Battle for Azeroth say that Stillwater is still alive, so his death might have been retconned and Sylvanas could have always allowed Stillwater to continue his atrocities in the Sludge Fields.

Back in Classic, Thrall kept Sylvanas under control. Back in Cataclysm, Garrosh kept Sylvanas under control. But now Sylvanas is Warchief, she has the ultimate power, and no one can contain her anymore. This was bound to happen, anyone who didn't see this coming clearly didn't pay attention to Sylvanas' backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasqua View Post
    Yeah, Ion confused WoW with GoT at that point

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    Sylvanas has always been evil. Back in Classic, she committed revolting experiments on war prisoners. She allowed the Forsaken to build an internment camp upon the ruins of Hillsbrad where to experiment and torture humans (she only decreed the Warden stationed there a traitor after he started to experiment on other Forsaken). Reports from Battle for Azeroth say that Stillwater is still alive, so his death might have been retconned and Sylvanas could have always allowed Stillwater to continue his atrocities in the Sludge Fields.

Back in Classic, Thrall kept Sylvanas under control. Back in Cataclysm, Garrosh kept Sylvanas under control. But now Sylvanas is Warchief, she has the ultimate power, and no one can contain her anymore. This was bound to happen, anyone who didn't see this coming clearly didn't pay attention to Sylvanas' backstory.
    worse part is people see that and say "SHE IS NOT EVIL SHE IS MORALLY GRAY!" .............. no she is evil you cant do the shit she does and keep calling your self morally gray

Quote Originally Posted by Jasqua View Post
    This sums it up really, it’s not the evil that bugs me (Well, it does bug me that it’s always the Night elves taking the brunt of it, but that’s another discussion), it’s the frantic attempts to justify it, “Morally grey”, “pragmatic”, “tactically sound”, all complete and utter bollocks, just face it already: Sylvanas is unabashedly evil (In the world quest voice-over she positively revels in it) and the rest of the Horde are following her like sheep (Wait, where have i read that comparison before?), so the Horde is at the very least complicit in her actions, simple as that, just remember that evil has a very crappy retirement policy... :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    worse part is people see that and say "SHE IS NOT EVIL SHE IS MORALLY GRAY!" .............. no she is evil you cant do the shit she does and keep calling your self morally gray
    They misinterpreted Ion's statement. Ion never said that Sylvanas was morally grey. Sylvanas was never meant to be morally gray. Ion said that the Horde was morally grey. And it is. Because in it you have black characters like the aforementioned Sylvanas and Gallywix, and white characters like Baine and Theron.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you read the quests you can see how the rest of the horde is acting with honor following saurfang , it's just sylvanas who ordered to burn the tree not the horde.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Exactly. Everyone getting butt hurt doesn't have a clue about Sylvannas' true character.

As she herself says "we have paid the price for sharing this world.. and what makes us strong."

Death to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    if you read the quests you can see how the rest of the horde is acting with honor following saurfang , it's just sylvanas who ordered to burn the tree not the horde.
    This is pretty desperate. The one time you make any attempt to go out of your way to help civilians is in Lor'danel when Saurfang is in proximity. Sylvanas has pretty high support and what goes on in BFA 8.0 further confirms this. He's in the minority at the start of the expansion.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    Literally none is arguing that her means are morally grey. Don't make up a strawman

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This is pretty desperate. The one time you make any attempt to go out of your way to help civilians is in Lor'danel when Saurfang is in proximity. Sylvanas has pretty high support and what goes on in BFA 8.0 further confirms this. He's in the minority at the start of the expansion.
    worse part is his honor made a lot of hardcore horde players i talked to hate him and call him a traitor
    im an alliance and even i have always respected him never hated him soooo sad to see horde players turn on him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    They misinterpreted Ion's statement. Ion never said that Sylvanas was morally grey. Sylvanas was never meant to be morally gray. Ion said that the Horde was morally grey. And it is. Because in it you have black characters like the aforementioned Sylvanas and Gallywix, and white characters like Baine and Theron.
    what interview was this?