Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Boys who attacked disabled woman with flour get police protection

The teenagers accused of attacking a disabled woman with eggs and flour before taking a sick selfie with her have asked for police protection amid concerns for their safety. The gang posed behind the vulnerable 49-year-old woman as she cowered on a park bench in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on Friday. The shocking images were then shared on social media including Facebook.

The teenagers accused of attacking a disabled woman with eggs and flour before taking a sick selfie with her have asked for police protection amid concerns for their safety. The gang posed behind the vulnerable 49-year-old woman as she cowered on a park bench in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on Friday. The shocking images were then shared on social media including Facebook.

‘I’ve reported the abuse to police and we are now under their protection. If anyone comes to our home to cause problems, we have a number we can call which will get the police here straight away. ‘This isn’t what we need. It’s my son’s 16th birthday and we’ve got family here for his party.’

The father of one of the other boys says he marched his son straight to the local police station to confess to what he had done before grounding him. He said the 16-year-old was walking home from the centre of Bury and had cut through the park when he saw two of his friends. They urged him to join them in a photo behind the woman who was covered in eggs and flour. He then left shortly afterwards but told his parents what happened when pictures of the attack began circulating on social media. His father said: ‘There’s no way he’s going out for the next few weeks unless I’m with him – both to keep an eye on him and to make sure he is safe from people who want to take revenge.

‘There’s been death threats made against him online and we’ve told the police about it.;

Meanwhile, the victim has spoken out after the attack and condemned the teenagers. She said: ‘I don’t consider it acceptable but I don’t particularly want to escalate the current tension in the area. I’ve got to be careful with how I deal with things obviously.’ She added: ‘People have rallied round me.’

The woman was left severely distressed after the assault but was not physically injured. Yesterday, local town councillor Paul Hopfensperger, who represents the ward the estate is in, said: ‘I was absolutely sickened by what I saw. ‘It’s just a small group of lads who seem intent on causing trouble all the time. ‘This lady I understand is a vulnerable person and for them to do that to her I was shocked and saddened.’ He added: ‘It’s a lovely estate with lots of good people but there’s a small group of people causing trouble with anti social behaviour and drugs. ‘The lack of community policing at the moment is a problem.’ A Suffolk Police spokesperson told Metro.co.uk: ‘The teenagers have been given personal safety and security advice.’
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/31/boys-...ction-7779513/

What these boys did disgusts me, but it's the mother's reaction that really winds me up. After her kid has done this, how can she have the audacity to try and play her son and family as victims?! Who gives a shit if this is what her family 'needs'? The actual victim in this story didn't need to pelted with flour and eggs by this woman's son and she certainly didn't need a selfie with her attackers! He shouldn't be getting a party after this, he should be in a young offenders institute.

I was glad to see that one of the other guys parents actually forced him to confess and grounded him, but these kids should not be getting police protection, in my opinion, they need to learn that actions have consequences. What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

15+ Year Old Account
    They just wanted to bake, but it turned into a game which then escalated. Boys will be boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    On one hand anyone attacking the kid or their family is wrong to do so. On the other hand...

...Fuck em.
    I agree with both sentiments. I generally don't condone violence but not only did these kids attack and humiliate this lady, they were so proud that they posted it to social media, that's sociopathic.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    As much as I'd wish for that fucker to suffer, he, too, has the right to be processed fairly by the powers that the state provides
    I'm not disputing that they have a right to be protected by the police but I don't think they have a right to be prioritised and given a priority number to call. They should have to contact the police like everyone else, why should they get extra protection after commiting anti social acts? In my eyes its absurd that these kids did not get sent to prison, instead they are a drain on public resources because they advertised their crimes to the world like morons and now people hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Deleted
    They can be protected by putting them in a cell.

Not a penny should be spend on them outside of jail.

Deleted
    Break their legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legal system doing what it's supposed to do. In this case, prevent lynch parties.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

I see nothing wrong with giving an elderly disabled woman flowers.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Well. At least its not acid this time, so thats good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

You know it costs about $100 a day to jail someone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Just put them down like the beasts they are. If you gang up on a disabled, defenseless person and then proceed to take pictures to boast about how you humiliated them, you really should have no place in society.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

I agree with this. These are punks and should be punished.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know it costs about $100 a day to jail someone?
    So add the costs to their sentence.

A good public lashing is what they deserve. Maybe sharia law wouldn't be so bad over there.

Then again maybe their actions are just morally grey, i dunno.
    Working on my next ban.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Then again maybe their actions are just morally grey, i dunno.
    Not much of a grey area in ganging up on a defenseless person by battery, humiliating them and bragging about it.

Deleted
    now repeat with me guys, DEATH THREATS ARE NOT OKAY. in that sense yes they may need and "deserve" police protection.

they should nonetheless be held accountable for what they did, give them a 100 hours community service working with old/disabled people or something and make it send up for review afterwards, like if they didn't do an acceptable job add another 100 hours, make sure they learned from it, even if all they learned was "hurt others, get punished", but no, death threats are still not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Not much of a grey area in ganging up on a defenseless person by battery, humiliating them and bragging about it.
    Indeed, that was sarcasm. The public lashing thing would be a good treatment for this.
    Working on my next ban.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Indeed, that was sarcasm. The public lashing thing would be a good treatment for this.
    Oh. Right then. We have no quarrel, sir! Good day!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loving seeing the Trump supporters in here acting like they really care about the rule of law.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Would not mind If they got lynched.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/31/boys-...ction-7779513/

What these boys did disgusts me, but it's the mother's reaction that really winds me up. After her kid has done this, how can she have the audacity to try and play her son and family as victims?! Who gives a shit if this is what her family 'needs'? The actual victim in this story didn't need to pelted with flour and eggs by this woman's son and she certainly didn't need a selfie with her attackers! He shouldn't be getting a party after this, he should be in a young offenders institute.

I was glad to see that one of the other guys parents actually forced him to confess and grounded him, but these kids should not be getting police protection, in my opinion, they need to learn that actions have consequences. What do you guys think?

Tell us, what type of consequences? They pelted someone with flour and eggs, so what is their consequences? Justice delivered from other people? Should they be beaten? or Pelted with flour and eggs as well?

I don't care if they get police protection, we gave Terrorists, Suspected Terrorists and even Hate preachers protection we handed police protection to Groomers, what they have done is far more worst, so are we now drawing the line at a nasty Prank?