Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    Because in reality every expansion is pretty good with a couple of glaring faults. It isn't some rollercoaster, the game is pretty damn consistent.

Cept Cata, nothing good came from Cata.
    Firelands and LFR came from Cata. It's better than most people remember.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    People tend to forget that Garrosh wasn't a bad guy, harsh sure but not a murder , He abominated killing civilians w/ww.youtube.com/watch?v=TfUTrDnQNBk

But you know , out of nowhere he's suddently okay with nuking a city (because bliizard needed a bad guy for their expansion) such a waste of character,and now.
    That's called story progression. He didn't just wake up one day and say, "I'm going to nuke a city". He was literally corrupted by an old god.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    Firelands and LFR came from Cata. It's better than most people remember.
    As well as Transmog.

15+ Year Old Account
    But you have to get some motivation to get an X-Pac rolling. Sure many people will show up anyways just to check out the new zones. But I am sure many will also just don't feel too have enough motivation to log in with this a Vs horde centered content.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Like I said, hilarious delusions. Can't get anything of worth out of someone such as yourself. Have fun hovering around the forums just to fuel your ex-partner syndrome.
    So anyone with a different opinions than you is wrong? Where have we heard that before? You might be as out of touch as some devs are.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

For me personally, the hype is low as I am deliberately keeping it low for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    But you have to get some motivation to get an X-Pac rolling. Sure many people will show up anyways just to check out the new zones. But I am sure many will also just don't feel too have enough motivation to log in with this a Vs horde centered content.
    Well, then, if YOU are sure!...

Sorry, but if people could give a shit during Cata, MoP and yes, even WoD, then they can sure as hell have enough motivation to login and play during BfA.

Especially considering the very simple fact: BfA is not 100% Faction conflict, and won't be moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    So anyone with a different opinions than you is wrong? Where have we heard that before? You might be as out of touch as some devs are.
    No, being wrong, makes you wrong. Some people having a vendetta for personal reasons =/= there's some giant conspiracy in place. If the devs were truly out of touch, and they have people hired specifically to keep track of opinions and online buzz, we'd be getting WoD-style expansions forever more.

Alas, Legion happened. And now BfA.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-08-01 at 03:53 PM.

No, being wrong, makes you wrong.
    Damn thats some tribalism you got there man. Keep living in your bubble i guess.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    The Legiondaries apologists are alarmingly increasing. Just 8 months ago the Legendary system was demonized as one of the worst decision they had made.
    By far the thing I hated most about Legion.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    By far the thing I hated most about Legion.
    That and RNG, so same here pretty much.

Yet now, people are hailing it as some sort of saviour that'll mean the end of WoW if it's truly gone with BfA... This "fan"base is horrible.

I'm on the opposite end. I think BfA looks awesome. I am really enjoying the class changes, and feel like they fixed/improved a lot of specs. Personally, I even enjoy spriest much more than in Legion because you now can actually AoE.

The GCD is also a non-issue for me. For me, it is more like adding abilities instead of baking them into macros, which is more fun for me. Plus, I enjoy having to plan things a bit more instead of just doing twitch reflex stuff.

As for gear swapping - yeah, I disagree with the change. Let folks do some super min-maxing if we want to push content. Why is that a bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    As well as Transmog.
    I will forever love Cata because of transmog.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    The Legiondaries apologists are alarmingly increasing. Just 8 months ago the Legendary system was demonized as one of the worst decision they had made.
    Yeah a case of catch 22 really makes one wonder what would keep people happy.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    That and RNG, so same here pretty much.

Yet now, people are hailing it as some sort of saviour that'll mean the end of WoW if it's truly gone with BfA... This "fan"base is horrible.
    I couldn't agree more if I tried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    People tend to forget that Garrosh wasn't a bad guy, harsh sure but not a murder , He abominated killing civilians w/ww.youtube.com/watch?v=TfUTrDnQNBk

But you know , out of nowhere he's suddently okay with nuking a city (because bliizard needed a bad guy for their expansion) such a waste of character,and now.
    Wrong, he let Baine tell to Jaina about the bomb so she could evacuate civilians. People who got killed by the bomb were only and ONLY soldiers, check ur facts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, then, if YOU are sure!...

Sorry, but if people could give a shit during Cata, MoP and yes, even WoD, then they can sure as hell have enough motivation to login and play during BfA.

Especially considering the very simple fact: BfA is not 100% Faction conflict, and won't be moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

No, being wrong, makes you wrong. Some people having a vendetta for personal reasons =/= there's some giant conspiracy in place. If the devs were truly out of touch, and they have people hired specifically to keep track of opinions and online buzz, we'd be getting WoD-style expansions forever more.

Alas, Legion happened. And now BfA.
    Uhm... Cata had a big freaking dragon as the main villain from the first trailer to the last encounter. I am pretty sure that this was felt as an adventurer / hero expansion.
    MoP had the pandas and their mystic lands which surely triggered the adventures too.
    And WoD was orc centered Plus... Garrisons.. plus time travel/alternative timeline/whatever they call this and we all know how this ended: too much orc stuff-> subscription drop.
    Yes ofc I shouldn't be too sure, sorry. But don't be sad if you see the subscriptions melting like ice under burning teldrassil
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2018-08-01 at 04:18 PM.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

This song has been sung before every.fucking.expansion.
    I am not saying I don't like it, but if you look at it from an analytical standpoint with honesty, it is not as grandiose as Legion as an example, kind of like WoD was not the greatest. It does not mean I hated them, it is just not the same level of story telling as other expansions yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    That's called story progression. He didn't just wake up one day and say, "I'm going to nuke a city". He was literally corrupted by an old god.
    Two things:

1. He had zero contact with anything old god related when he manabombed theramore. That was a tactical decision because he wanted the whole of Kalimdor.

2. He was never corrupted by an old god. Yes... he harnessed his anger & hate via the Sha and used the power of the Heart of Y'sarjh, but he was never corrupted. Blizzard stated this multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noyel View Post
    Wrong, he let Baine tell to Jaina about the bomb so she could evacuate civilians. People who got killed by the bomb were only and ONLY soldiers, check ur facts.
    Actually, Baine was horrifed by Garrosh's actions at Northwatch and sent one of his own to warn Jaina about the fall of Northwatch and that Theramore was next on Garrosh's list.

Garrosh initially held off on the attack, and this gave Jaina time to evacuate citizens by boat. But I am fairly certain that this was not Garrosh's intent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    How about the constant dumbing down gear and talents ? This is an RPG, yet you have almost no choice in how your character develops. They want to make ilvl the only number on gear that matters, and they have said that multiple times. So, right now gear has just one stat - ilvl. That's it. This is how dumb the game got - we have just one stat on gear.

You have no choice in how your character progresses. All characters of the same class and spec are literally the same. This is not an RGP, this is a joke.
    Imagine how all the haters of gearscore must feel now all the “gearscore was biggest cancer” crowd

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes we get these topics every expansion and you know what WoW is 14 years old and still going where as every other MMO has come and gone.

But it seems only WoW can die every year but still keep going, no matter how many tears people shed... Funny that.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance