Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is Sylvannas Trump?

She's the current warchief.

She was elected.

Not everyone stands behind her questionable decisions.

edit: Currently, she isn't morally grey. That may change. But what about the horde itself? What will the horde do? I think the storywriting can hold intresting gems in its pocket.

We'll see.
    Last edited by Sylvannah; 2018-08-01 at 06:42 PM.

Oh look, another one. Can we get this one locked too, please?

Until then: she wasn't elected in any way, shape, or form. Vol'jin appointed her because the voices told him to.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, shooo!

No one can discuss anything today without having to connect it to something controversial today.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Sylvanas is a literal screeching banshee feminist who riots and sets fire to places/property just because someone says something she doesn't agree with.

LOL yep, totally like Trump
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2018-08-01 at 06:55 PM.

Really dude?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Sylvanas is a literal screeching banshee feminist who riots and sets fire to places/property just because someone says something she doesn't agree with.

I mean he is essentially the right wing equivalent. So.. kinda. The biggest difference is that sylvanas has a better makeup than the cheeto in charge.

10+ Year Old Account

Lol, what? If there's any world leader at the moment who throws a temper tantrum whenever someone is mean to them, it's Trump.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Elected??? What game are you playing?

She seems a bit more level-headed and rational than Trump.

But I agree with the parallels.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

When did she become a feminist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    When did she become a feminist?
    Golden put 1 or 2 cringy lines in the book saying that she is proud to be the first female warchief and all that, when in reality women ruling, especially in elven society is not that much of a big deal to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Golden put 1 or 2 cringy lines in the book saying that she is proud to be the first female warchief and all that, when in reality women ruling, especially in elven society is not that much of a big deal to begin with.
    It is only cringy if she meant it honestly. Sylvanas being proud of *anything* would be a bit OOC to me. Declaring to be proud of something is very horde-y though and maybe she tried to rally her female horde underlings.

And yeah, most societies of Azeroth are pretty egalitarian, at least on paper.

And no, she's neither Trump, nor a feminist. If anything, then she's a misobiotropist.

And the Hate Train goes "CHOO CHOO!"

I honestly wish people would stop their moronic internet SWJ crusades. Donald Trump does not burn shit down and raises the dead as far as I know and Sylvanas never hosted her own show. Therefore Sylvanas is not Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    It is only cringy if she meant it honestly. Sylvanas being proud of *anything* would be a bit OOC to me. Declaring to be proud of something is very horde-y though and maybe she tried to rally her female horde underlings.
    She monologues about it internally, so yes, "she" means it.

1. Take this crap somewhere else
    2. Sylvanas wasn't elected
    3. Lock this thread already

Don't forget her fans that stand by any dumb decision she makes for no reason.

I would definitely say her new attitude is Trump inspired at the very least.

I don't even understand what they're trying to do with Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Don't forget her fans that stand by any dumb decision she makes for no reason.

I would definitely say her new attitude is Trump inspired at the very least.
    Yeah pull that shit out of your ass.

I'm not seeing that many supporters of her impulsive act of madness at the fucking tree. There are some people who suspect there's more to it that that, that the devs will reveal some connection between Vol'jin's choice, the screaming voices in Alleria's head and Sylvanas' inexplicable act. The rest of her fans are just really confused.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvannah View Post
    She's the current warchief.

She was elected.

Not everyone stands behind her questionable decisions.

edit: Currently, she isn't morally grey. That may change. But what about the horde itself? What will the horde do? I think the storywriting can hold intresting gems in its pocket.

We'll see.
    Ah another bs fodder post. rad.

No Trump is Gallywix. He even has a tower equivalent in the pleasure palace in Azshara.