Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Really? How much does it give?
    ca. 2-3 regular quests worth of exp if i remember correctly. around 30k-35k without warmode. hopping on the beta to check...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    ca. 2-3 regular quests worth of exp if i remember correctly. around 30k-35k without warmode. hopping on the beta to check...
    ehhh i would say its not worth iot then, as the area you go to, to go into the expansion, and where you hand in the quest are not near eachother if i remember correct.
    So the time you would lose, falling behind the front line (you wana try to get ahead) could cst alot more.
    I have got speed pots, and will be going affliction for easy tagging to try and get ahead of the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not OK. You don't even miss out on anything, it just takes you 10 minutes longer to get into BfA content.
    that or buy the expansion literally 1 day before the launch and do it then...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

ehhh i would say its not worth iot then, as the area you go to, to go into the expansion, and where you hand in the quest are not near eachother if i remember correct.
    So the time you would lose, falling behind the front line (you wana try to get ahead) could cst alot more.
    I have got speed pots, and will be going affliction for easy tagging to try and get ahead of the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, it's like.... you could even buy it August 13 at 2pm pdt and do the quest. Or is buying it before 12:01 on the 14th wrong? When do these people think it's "ok to buy something"

Btw, on the quest thing, you just don't hand it in. You hand in the quest and pick up the next one in the same spot. So you wait til launch to hand in "battle for UC" and he also gives you the quest to go meet Magni. You still do the battle prior to launch.

Or do it on an alt and just skip it on your main.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-08-01 at 07:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea, it's like.... you could even buy it August 13 at 2pm pdt and do the quest. Or is buying it before 12:01 on the 14th wrong? When do these people think it's "ok to buy something"
    Only when it launches! They may suddenly change the game massively 10 minutes before the launch, ripping you off your money if you purchased before expecting a different product!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you turn the quest in at Orgimmar? And then the next quest pops up as soon as the expac launches? (Going to Silithus).
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Don't you turn the quest in at Orgimmar? And then the next quest pops up as soon as the expac launches? (Going to Silithus).
    Yes, so really you can just hold on to the quest, and turn it in when the expansion flips. You won't lose ANY time (but don't tell that to the people waiting in silithus, those tears will salt our food for ages)

It was quite fun, sadly though alot of people did not like how it disrupted the game and it was cut very early (supposed to last 3 weeks, only lasted 1)
    It was really good though, I was young (11-12) and so I was part of the group in charge of killing the roaches and then getting cleansed to avoid the roaches infecting low levels or NPCS, while most of my guild defended the front gate of orgrimmar in 2 8 hour shifts a day, another 2 smaller guilds filling the other 2 8 hour shifts I did get to join them for a short bit at the front gate when one of the raid leads kids wanted to do my job
    Yeah I was out once the ramifications started showing and it started spreading. Shame *Grumbles* Stupid old hand-me-down pc

why do you think prepatch must be a content in the first place? the fact that you get a content is just a bonus. prepatch is meant to test next expansion changes before the launch date and help setup the infrastructure. it is not a content patch. idk why blizz even introduced the idea of adding a content, they just shot themselves in the foot with this constant whining

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Legion Pre-patch was FAR better than this crappy one, pets, UNIQUE armor skins and BoE items you could sell later, leveling your alts with invasions.
    Agreed. The invansions got boring and repetitive but the prepatch overall was great. The best aspect of the invasion was that they shaped the old world (well, in a way
    ), they brought level scaling for the first time ever and most importantly, the old zones felt relevant again. I liked that a lot.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

- - - Updated - - -

ok, i did a quick test on beta:
    lv 112 quests give 16k
    intro quest gives 32k

another crazy thing: picking a herb gives 3.3k exp , while a regular npc gives 1.2k and a raremob gives 6k (both while rested). 10 herbs equals a quest

Is it even out in EU? I can't progress further, did all the stuff and the WQs in Darkhore.

7+ Year Old Account
    hm thought they were a fair distance apart, nevermind then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    ok, i did a quick test on beta:
    lv 112 quests give 16k
    intro quest gives 32k

another crazy thing: picking a herb gives 3.3k exp , while a regular npc gives 1.2k and a raremob gives 6k (both while rested). 10 herbs equals a quest
    I see... Depends on the quest thoguh, where these 16k quests "Go talk to this person" or "Kill these mobs"

Yes, so really you can just hold on to the quest, and turn it in when the expansion flips. You won't lose ANY time (but don't tell that to the people waiting in silithus, those tears will salt our food for ages)
    Yea. It's like.. 45 seconds to fly from Uldum to the Sword? Plus, not everyone is going to the same starting zone in Zandalar, so I don't see the big issue.

#wwgd

7+ Year Old Account
    hmm i coulda sworn they were far apart, that is good that they are split across.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Is it even out in EU? I can't progress further, did all the stuff and the WQs in Darkhore.
    It ends as soon as you get your mount.

#wwgd

Legion Pre-patch was FAR better than this crappy one, pets, UNIQUE armor skins and BoE items you could sell later, leveling your alts with invasions.
    At least for me, pets and transmog are never going to make a pre-patch (or anything else) great. For people like me, that meant there was just really some repeating invasions that weren't too exciting. Cool if you wanted to power level an alt. Otherwise... not that great a prepatch at all.

hm thought they were a fair distance apart, nevermind then.

- - - Updated - - -

I see... Depends on the quest thoguh, where these 16k quests "Go talk to this person" or "Kill these mobs"
    "kill 8 enemies" so regular full quests

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cool story, bro.

Stop saying shit, there's nothing to do in this pre-patch...
    Questline plus world quests to gear up alts and shit. It’s a pre-patch not a content patch. If you don’t purchase bfa then I’ve got worse news for you - soon you’ll have no new content! Shock! Horror!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Its still part of the prepatch if you pre-order, by your logic the legion prepatch had nothing but a pet.
    cause the toy could be obtained on AH
    the armor could be obtained in later invasions, aswell as the weapons.
    The invasions themselves could be done post legion prepatch in legion zones.
    and broken shore could also be done in legion.
    You are so wrong I don't know where to begin.

The armor you got from pre-patch invasions are the only source of that armor. For example, the cloth set "Fel-infused", the only way to have gotten this is the pre-launch invasions. No legion content, nor any since, has replicated these armor sets. The later invasions certainly did not, so you are most assuredly wrong on that. Check http://www.wowhead.com/item=138184/f...#same-model-as for an example.

The invasions in legion were different. Legion invasions NEVER occurred in original zones other than the prepatch. Conversely you could NEVER level 1-98 in Legion expansion invasions, and could only do so in the prepatch. Thus they were pre-patch content and only pre-patch content. Just because they had "legion invasions" in legion zones doesn't mean they were the same thing, especially considering Legion invasions had you do world quests, and a scenario, and pre-patch invasions were a group wide effort to fill up a bar and spawn a group wide commander. Completely different.

The toy is in limited quantity, you cannot get any more of them, saying you can buy them off the AH and therefore not part of the pre-expansion is laughable. This is like saying "Oh you can buy frozen runes off the AH now, so they're not vanilla content". Get real.

The fact you have to purchase BFA to do next week's content means it is BFA content. Just like if you pre-purchased Legion, you could play Demon Hunters. That does not mean Demon Hunters were Warlords of Draenor content.

At this point you are absolutely being silly in your comparisons. The battle for lordaeron is BFA content. You can tell this purely because: YOU CANNOT DO ANY MORE BFA CONTENT UNLESS YOU DO IT ON ONE CHARACTER.

Wasn't it obvious ? when a patch drop, what are you looking for ? old achievements ? transmog ? NEW CONTENT OF COURSE....
    The primary purpose of the pre-patch is not to deliver new content but new mechanics. This is not a new concept for BfA. So no, it wasn't obvious because you are ranting about something like its a new problem.