Thread: Release date

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It will drop on July 15th, and it's gonna be the biggest event ever, Drake will be performing and Lebron James will be there.

I'm looking you straight in the eyes and telling you that i love you, and this is the release date, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    We are looking at May/June 2019 I bet.

Also now we finally know the cost of classic which is sweet, just a sub fee with no game purchase.
    We do? What have i missed?

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    It will drop on July 15th, and it's gonna be the biggest event ever, Drake will be performing and Lebron James will be there.

I'm looking you straight in the eyes and telling you that i love you, and this is the release date, bitch.
    J. Allen Brack ain't got no spirit, got no deeper layer.....

Come one Blizz! Ninja release Classic today and make my prediction come true!

I KNOW you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Come one Blizz! Ninja release Classic today and make my prediction come true!

I KNOW you can do it!
    Pretty sure they are still in the process of manually porting over the thousands of database entries that they'll need to get it to function on a basic level... and fixing any bugs that may crop up during the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    That's different. That got put in Development Hell for a cavalcade of reasons rather than was announced too soon.
    Ok Halflife 3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    We do? What have i missed?
    He is making broad assumptions based off of the fact that they said you don't need to purchase the current game to play up to Legion..... They have not made any statements that I can find regarding the cost of Classic.

I'm of the opinion that Classic will be used to fill a content drought in BFA. So the time between the final raid and 9.0 seems to be the ideal time. I would guesstimate around November of 2019, in time for the 15 year anniversary of WoW.

This assumes that the Azshara raid drops in December, the "ToS" raid drops in May, and the "Argus" raid drops around October/November.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'm of the opinion that Classic will be used to fill a content drought in BFA. So the time between the final raid and 9.0 seems to be the ideal time. I would guesstimate around November of 2019, in time for the 15 year anniversary of WoW.

This assumes that the Azshara raid drops in December, the "ToS" raid drops in May, and the "Argus" raid drops around October/November.
    You think BfA is only going to be a 12 month expansion? i think you mean 2020, not 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You think BfA is only going to be a 12 month expansion? i think you mean 2020, not 2019.
    Nope my dates are right. Antorus released 15 months after Legion dropped. Legion was late August 2016, Anortus was late November 2017. BFA is mid August 2018, the equivalent Antorus raid would be mid November 2019. I expect Classic to drop around the same time. While mythic raiders will continue to progress for a while, the majority of the game is content with Normal/LFR, and will be done within a few weeks.

Naturally this assumes a similar pattern to Legion, but in a recent Q&A they've mentioned that they really liked the pacing in Legion and would like to continue it.

Releasing it in 2020 would not give players enough time to enjoy both Live & Classic without needing to choose one or the other. Barring a progression based realm, the content would likely only last 6-8 months in the first go around, meaning that releasing it around the time of the final raid will allow people to finish classic without needing to sacrifice time on live.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2018-07-31 at 09:07 PM.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Ok Halflife 3
    Oof. Right in the heart and soul.

Nope my dates are right. Antorus released 15 months after Legion dropped. Legion was late August 2016, Anortus was late November 2017. BFA is mid August 2018, the equivalent Antorus raid would be mid November 2019. I expect Classic to drop around the same time. While mythic raiders will continue to progress for a while, the majority of the game is content with Normal/LFR, and will be done within a few weeks.

Naturally this assumes a similar pattern to Legion, but in a recent Q&A they've mentioned that they really liked the pacing in Legion and would like to continue it.

Releasing it in 2020 would not give players enough time to enjoy both Live & Classic without needing to choose one or the other. Barring a progression based realm, the content would likely only last 6-8 months in the first go around, meaning that releasing it around the time of the final raid will allow people to finish classic without needing to sacrifice time on live.
    The idea that Classic, in Blizzards mind, is designed to be started, and 'finished' in 6 months and then dropped is a bit silly. You honestly think Blizzard would be going through all this to create a product like that?

Either way, your timing, or at least your logic behind it, is not something i can agree with, it just doesnt make any sense at all.

The idea that Classic, in Blizzards mind, is designed to be started, and 'finished' in 6 months and then dropped is a bit silly. You honestly think Blizzard would be going through all this to create a product like that?

Either way, your timing, or at least your logic behind it, is not something i can agree with, it just doesnt make any sense at all.
    *Shrug*. Doesn't matter to me if you agree or not, you're the one who engaged me. But I will say acting like Classic is anything more than a few months of content at best is disingenuous. They would either need to artificially lengthen it through gating or produce new content.
    – C.S. Lewis

*Shrug*. Doesn't matter to me if you agree or not, you're the one who engaged me. But I will say acting like Classic is anything more than a few months of content at best is disingenuous. They would either need to artificially lengthen it through gating or produce new content.
    Now it is only a FEW months content? Yeah, you just come across as a passive aggressive classic hater. You cant put your opinion out in public, and then when someone disagrees with you say "oh i dont care what you think".

Now it is only a FEW months content? Yeah, you just come across as a passive aggressive classic hater. You cant put your opinion out in public, and then when someone disagrees with you say "oh i dont care what you think".
    For a dedicated guild Classic offers maybe 6 months of content if it is not gated in someway. As once you have a base of MC capable characters you will be able to power level and gear alts to get split runs going which can add up to 8 times more loot weekly from the farmable instances of MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20 and early AQ40....maybe even first 3 NAXX. You forget that current progression raiders are extremely more dedicated, knowledgeable and organized than the Vanilla raider(I know as I did clear Naxx in the world top 10)

I'm assuming they will aim for a content drought in BFA to release it. In Legion Nighthold came out 17th of Jan and Tomb on 20th of June. BFA's time line will be different I assume (tier 2 raid not been tested yet while nighthold tests were done in beta) but I assume a release in early first quarter. They might do a 5-6 month break between BFA's second and third tier raid and add it in there. Tbh it will be widely played so it might give them time to delay a content update in BFA by a month or two and get away with it.

I doubt they will aim for the 15th anniversary unless that is legitimately when it's ready and the dates just happen to coincide (ofc it it's ready for say October I'd see them delaying it for the anniversary in that case)

For a dedicated guild Classic offers maybe 6 months of content if it is not gated in someway. As once you have a base of MC capable characters you will be able to power level and gear alts to get split runs going which can add up to 8 times more loot weekly from the farmable instances of MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20 and early AQ40....maybe even first 3 NAXX. You forget that current progression raiders are extremely more dedicated, knowledgeable and organized than the Vanilla raider(I know as I did clear Naxx in the world top 10)
    I am not questioning what you are stating here. A) a few is commonly accepted to represent 3. Three is half of 6. B) The idea that classic is in ANY way aimed towards the hardcore progression scene is beyond laughable. C)Even if it was, you have only talked about less than 1% of the player base. D) I agree that clearing content in Vanilla has NO BEARING at all on clearing content in Classic. Top 10 or otherwise, it is in no way whatsoever relevant to the discussion. If anything, it puts you firmly outside the core player base of both retail, and classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    I'm assuming they will aim for a content drought in BFA to release it. In Legion Nighthold came out 17th of Jan and Tomb on 20th of June. BFA's time line will be different I assume (tier 2 raid not been tested yet while nighthold tests were done in beta) but I assume a release in early first quarter. They might do a 5-6 month break between BFA's second and third tier raid and add it in there. Tbh it will be widely played so it might give them time to delay a content update in BFA by a month or two and get away with it.

I doubt they will aim for the 15th anniversary unless that is legitimately when it's ready and the dates just happen to coincide (ofc it it's ready for say October I'd see them delaying it for the anniversary in that case)
    They will not CREATE a content drought in retail, the flagship of the franchise, to try to bolster interest in a side project with a niche target audience. The interest for classic on retail is absolutely minimal. People in public chat channels will talk about anything. ANYTHING. And classic is never talked about, at least on the few realms i play on. It just doesnt seem to interest the vast majority of retail players.

I will say this openly again - i believe the level of interest in classic is hugely exaggerated by many in this community, who try to use private server numbers (which are absolute rubbish) to try and justify their opinion. Classic will have Classic numbers, not private server numbers. We will have to wait and see A) what the pricing model will be and B) how many are willing to give up their free service to pay for the "same" thing.

On topic - They will not create an artificial content drought between pvp seasons and raids, just to launch Classic - no chance

10+ Year Old Account

Why do people think Classic is aimed at hard-core raiders, or raiders at all?
    Impeach the MF.

15th Anniversary. Wish it was sooner though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    So what's your NEXT PREDICTION ?

We need to know.

For people wanting full context, his first prediction passed allmost 8 months ago.
    his second was 2-3 months go "may/june" and yeah his july one is passed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Predicting a time is pointless. It will be when the subs begin to decline for retail and then they will release it to boost a weak quarter for shareholders. Chances are it will require a retail sub plus an additional monthly classic fee just to ice the cake.

I would honestly be shocked if they didn't have a release ready and on hold until then.
    LOLOLOL So questions
    why do you think holding a finished product that pays them MONTHLY would make them more money then just releasing it now?

It is literally playing an income game and going "I am not gunna spend any resources for 5 minutes, then spend it all at once ,that is the best way to increase my income!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    You think I care if my prediction doesn't come true? Being wrong isn't a bad thing...

As Thomas Edison said: "I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work."

Only the weak are afraid of being wrong. Those with fragile egos. You know what I mean... right?
    The issue is you made 3 predictions, and every time tried to pretend you had not made any before ,and that you were going to be right, and everyone else was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

No reason to release it when subs are higher than normal due to BfA content, my guess would be between the last raid and the new expansion. I think the release time between last raid & the new expansion will be much longer, more like WoD > Legion, so more than a year, giving players enough time to experience the last raid, have the release hype of Classic & by the time the enjoyment of that dies off for the majority they will have the expansion ready with a major content filled expansion like Legion with everything & the kitchen sink again. (WOTLK 2, Sylvanas as the Lich Queen? hell yea )

Anyone thinking they don't have the old code and couldn't drop it now is insane but they have no reason to do it until they need quarterly results for their shareholders.