Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You admitted to being willfully ignorant, and basically trolling. Yeah, you lose.

- - - Updated - - -

So, you also admit to being opposed to individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. It's a shame you nationalists despise those things so badly.
    Nationalism is not the same thing as authoritarian. I'm a libertarian. Nationalism is pride and belief that your country comes first. We generally support strict immigration policies. There is nothing stopping a nationalist from promoting bodily autonomy, free markets ,LGBT rights, and beyond.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It's almost like when people find out you hold a bunch of disgusting world views, people might not want to be your friend.
    It's almost like being tolerant requires tolerance towards other people's world views, even if you disagree with them. So much for tolerant liberalism... It's very rare that I've heard of friendships breaking because one voted for Hilary, it's ALMOST always the case the Hillary supporter is the one that leaves the relationship first.

Quote Originally Posted by user1442333 View Post
    Nationalism is not the same thing as authoritarian. I'm a libertarian. Nationalism is pride and belief that your country comes first. We generally support strict immigration policies. There is nothing stopping a nationalist from promoting bodily autonomy, free markets ,LGBT rights, and beyond.
    How do you manage to hold libertarian values, and nationalistic ones? Your support of restricted immigration is a direct affront to individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. That's like a California liberal saying he's a libertarian, as he tries to ban firearms.

If you want to "support strict immigration policies" then you seek to limit those free markets. You want to do so, by limiting the free movement of labor capital, limiting individual liberty, and it sure seems you want "big government" to be the one doing it.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    This is relentlessly naive. The nationalist movement is made up of large contingents of the religious right both here in the US and abroad. Just one look at what the ADF supports outside of our borders should bleed you white, and they're up in the guts of this administration.

It's almost like being tolerant requires tolerance towards other people's world views, even if you disagree with them. So much for tolerant liberalism... It's very rare that I've heard of friendships breaking because one voted for Hilary, it's ALMOST always the case the Hillary supporter is the one that leaves the relationship first.
    Who declared you arbiter of what others find acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    This is relentlessly naive. The nationalist movement is made up of large contingents of the religious right both here in the US and abroad. Just one look at what the ADF supports outside of our borders should bleed you white, and they're up in the guts of this administration.

Who declared you arbiter of what others find acceptable?
    I was referring to people like Sargon of Akkad, Dankula, Tommy Robinson, Black Pigeon Speaks, Computing forever and Blair White, I consider these people to be nationalists that I regularly follow and like. Individuals like these could quite likely be the next generation of political leaders.

And if you don't find my views acceptable, how narrow do your views have to be to be acceptable? Anyone right of Bernie is far right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    If you dont tolerate my intolerance you're the intolerant one!!! Do you guys ever get tired of the victim complex?
    If you can't tolerate Trump voters, you are the issue, not us.

I was referring to people like Sargon of Akkad, Dankula, Tommy Robinson, Black Pigeon Speaks, Computing forever and Blair White, I consider these people to be nationalists that I regularly follow and like. Individuals like these could quite likely be the next generation of political leaders.

And if you don't find my views acceptable, how narrow do your views have to be to be acceptable? Anyone right of Bernie is far right?

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't tolerate Trump voters, you are the issue, not us.
    These are largely hypocritical guys who swear they love freedom of speech, but are nationalistic assholes. Their support of freedom seems very myopic at best. I guess they cannot tolerate foreigners, or is it just Muslims?

It's hilarious that you want to have hero worship for those guys, and claim to be a libertarian.

5+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you think a bunch of youtubers in a rapidly diminishing counter culture movement are future leaders says a lot about how little you actually are paying attention. Pro tip: Go read Scalia's opinion on Lawrence, look up the concept of "originalism", and then note how Brett Kavanagh frames his approach to law.

You're playing on the fringes while this administration is setting up task forces aimed at you and looking to reduce the LGBT community down to rational basis.

It's not for me to decide. You seem to think you're owed a spot at the table by virtue of being who you are. You're not. That's the nature of social groups. Either change or remain an outsider. It really is that simple.

How did Peterson end up on pragerU. I thought he was an intellectual powerhouse or something of that area?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    How did Peterson end up on pragerU. I thought he was an intellectual powerhouse or something of that area?
    My guess? $$$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Im seeing some very conflicting statements on where it came from.
    I think i'll just stick to thinking to anybody involved as dorks, much simpler.
    It was Eric Weinstein, here is his video on how and why he coined the name:

TL;DW:
    - He uses the term 'dark' ironically since they are painted as being evil and expressing forbidden ideas.
    - Web, simply because they are a network of people.

And and you keep accusing them of being conservative, which is rather absurd... Some of them supported Bernie Sanders... Most of them them ardently supported Clinton... Only one single person among them is actually a 'conservative', Ben Shapiro... And he's been an outspoken anti-Trump conservative.

Being anti-fringe left idiocy does not make one a conservative, no matter how much you say that.

Deleted
    climate science is quite iffy. It is not absolutely sure that we are the cause of it at all. But believing we are certainly serves some grand interests and helps promote agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    climate science is quite iffy. It is not absolutely sure that we are the cause of it at all. But believing we are certainly serves some grand interests and helps promote agendas.
    So does refusing to believe we are...

"Become". Ahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Who started calling them the dark web? Because they have fuck-all to do with the dark web.
    I guess it sounds cooler than "bunch of cranks, hacks and partisan stooges".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    He's an unremarkable academic, who became a tacky motivational speaker until he hit on the idea of pandering to the far right for cash. This was apparently so successful that he's made a mint from selling them a self help book that literally told them to stand up straight, clean their room and eat their vegetables.

I can see the appeal, if your audience is that retarded you can milk them for money with no effort whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Pffffahaha.

Well, maybe I shouldn't laugh, if Roy Moore and Donald Trump can be "political leaders" I suppose the bar is so low it's below sea level.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet it's exceedingly rare. Nationalist movements have pretty much exclusively been authoritarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And yet it's exceedingly rare. Nationalist movements have pretty much exclusively been authoritarian.
    This is what drives me nuts. I essentially pointed out that nationalism is aligned with an increasingly hardline anti-LGBT right wing, and our friend here cites Youtubers. We're potentially on the cusp of the most dangerous era in recent memory for LGBT folks (particularly the "T") and we're going to depend on young Youtubers taking power?

Jesus fucking Christ, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously do not understand how this particular counter-factual conspiracy nonsense took hold in the USA.

http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/

Climate science isn't remotely "iffy", and the only people making that argument are cranks and cooks, no different than anti-vaxxers or flat-earthers.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    This is what drives me nuts. I essentially pointed out that nationalism is aligned with an increasingly hardline anti-LGBT right wing, and our friend here cites Youtubers. We're potentially on the cusp of the most dangerous era in recent memory for LGBT folks (particularly the "T") and we're going to depend on young Youtubers taking power?

Jesus fucking Christ, man.
    That's what always confuses me about anyone siding with Republicans as a LGBT; they're the party of the religious and only those who take the bible very liberally and/or vaguely treat them genuinely well instead of hoping for their death or conversion behind their backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    That's what always confuses me about anyone siding with Republicans as a LGBT;
    Seems like most of them are fake, it's the same as Blacks for Trump etc...
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    That's what always confuses me about anyone siding with Republicans as a LGBT; they're the party of the religious and only those who take the bible very liberally and/or vaguely treat them genuinely well instead of hoping for their death or conversion behind their backs.
    Yeah, and while it's no guarantee it'll happen, the prospects are growing that what the religious right is telegraphing may be a thing. It'll only take a single case -- be it trans bathrooms or baking a cake -- for SCOTUS to reduce LGBT rights to rational basis scrutiny by declaring we aren't protected under sex discrimination. What follows could be ugly given men like Tony Perkins have signaled their intention to refight Lawrence (which overturned law that banned sodomy). There are a myriad of ways to really hurt LGBT people under rational basis scrutiny, but one of the more insidious is the notion the religious right has that we're "disordered." Under rational basis government could argue that they have a right to pull professional licenses (think teachers, lawyers, doctors, or anything else licensed by a state government) because it is rational that our "disorder" impacts our work.

It'd be nothing short of a witch hunt and a purge.

Right now, assuming Kavanagh is successfully put on the court, the center is Roberts. We may be safe given corporate America won't like the above. If another conservative is appointed Alito is the new center and all bets are off.

It's a scary consideration.
    Last edited by GreenGoldSharpie; 2018-08-02 at 03:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So does refusing to believe we are...
    Less so, dont you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I seriously do not understand how this particular counter-factual conspiracy nonsense took hold in the USA.

http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/

Climate science isn't remotely "iffy", and the only people making that argument are cranks and cooks, no different than anti-vaxxers or flat-earthers.
    You have some research to do.

Less so, dont you think?

- - - Updated - - -

You have some research to do.
    Why would that be? The amount of evidence that supports humans being a major cause of global warming is gigantic.

I'm more inclined to look at the data, and not listen to someone who is being paid to tell me a specific story.

That motherfucker Molyneaux is one of the few people in the world that I hate. I can't stand his smug face and his arrogant way of talking nonsense. I think the world would be a better place if him and the toxic ideology he spouts died.