Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I also don't like, when Blizzard remove content, that still can be useful for me. My opinion: removing something, I've paid for - is bad thing. I should be able to do content when I want and how I want, no matter if it becomes easier with time. It's my personal choice and this is how things work in MMORPG games. Obsoleted content is obsoleted content. But, I guess, they started to do it, when they started to make old xpacks free with release of new ones. They just need to force you to buy xpacks somehow. That's why such F2Pish things, as limited time offers, is here.

Bad story - isn't the only problem with BFA. There many such problems:
    1) True fullscreen removal
    2) No ability to turn shadows off - terrible graphics, when shadows are low. I guess, they've removed shadow maps to decrease game size.
    3) Even more game mechanics nerfs. And it's not only artifact traits - it's core class abilities. My Hunter has lost AOE aggro. My Monk - the only controllable self-heal. Game mechanics are becoming worse and worse. We don't need Vanilla on retail servers, sorry.
    4) Some mobs in old content are overtuned now - they've received +1-3 lvl buffs and now deal 300-500% damage. Some old content is ruined due to this fact.
    5) Some old dungeons and raids, that were soloable in the past, are buffed and aren't possible now.
    6) War Mode doesn't mean getting rid of PVP flag, i.e. tricking PVE players in PVP via PVE objectives is still here. War Campaign means going to other faction territories, that means "accidentally" PVP-flagging on every corner.
    7) Tons of players have turned War Mode off now and locations are now even more overcrowded, than back in CRZ era. And despite of Wow being MMO, game design still can't handle many players doing the same quest. Sometimes game is literally unplayable due to this fact. And I pay my money not for sitting in a queue to have my turn to kill some mobs for my quest.
    8) And this is on a top on no flying and possible no-flying-forever content in future patches.

Result - I don't want to buy BFA, but almost whole old content is ruined now. What should I do?
    You are a liar. Thats what you are. I've been playing old content and nothing else... how can you say "...almost whole old content is ruined"

Liar...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wow you agree with me about limited time stuff being bullshit? Cool, didnt think we would agree arena elite sets, mage towers, and challenge modes were bullshit.
    I think that is actually one of the rare occasions when I agree with you as well. Especially the Elite sets drive me up the wall, because even if I bother with 1 or 2 characters, there is no realistic way to do this for every character I want a nice looking transmog on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think that is actually one of the rare occasions when I agree with you as well. Especially the Elite sets drive me up the wall, because even if I bother with 1 or 2 characters, there is no realistic way to do this for every character I want a nice looking transmog on.
    Yep, i am not gunna do the math right now, but every (2) seasons removing 12 unique set colours.
    (when they add a cool new set with 2 colours then remove 50% of those colours!)
    also with WoD we lost 11 unique sets that have no recolours anywhere else
    each expansion losing 3+ colours of unique sets (that only have 2 colours, its not like its 3 colours of sets that have 3 other colours each, they have ONE)
    PER CLASS is INSANE, one of my friends quit days after playing cause i introduced him to transmog, and i showed him pets, mounts, and transmog. But literally 2 mounts in a row (there was 1 before it that he liked but it was very hard to get) i had to tell him "uhh sorry cant get anymore" (One was a gladiator mount, another was the moose)
    Also 3 transmogs in a row (warrior, the unicorn blade helm set one of them, the warrior challenge armor another, the big ass fire blade from wod challenge an item he wanted, and the teir 3 set from nax although i did tell him that they were available, but cost an arm and a leg)
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalha View Post
    I can't believe what I'm seeing.
    All this whine about the story is out of proportion. There's 2 years of story ahead ffs.

Go back to mommy now. /pat
    Yeah, man, later on it will be revealed that the inhabitants of the tree were all Twilight's Hammer. Oh wait, that would be ilogical and stupid.

Wait, I know, Sylvanas is an imposter. A Faceless is posing as Sylvanas to start a conflict. Sylvanas dindu nuffin, she a good girl.

Dumbass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teruaki View Post
    After the last cinematic, a lot of players are discontent with blizz.
    Many say that they will unsub. but for those that still want to play, what if, as a protest, we dont do the war campaign.
    Maybe it wont matter, maybe it will, who knows, but I think that we should not follow the quest chain for the war (sylvanas says, after she burns the tree, that she will "need" us).
    Maybe it is a foollish thought, but would be interesting way to "protest" to blizzard.

What are your thoughts ?
    Well, you can say no thanks to your free mount.

- - - Updated - - -

But you choosing not to do the campaign also means you chose to not save the poor civilians in Teldrassil. You chose to just watch the tree catch on fire from the beach like the rest of the Horde.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    That cinematic and that entire pre expansion event was the single worst one they have ever done. So anti climatic. It seemed really rushed and half assed. It appeared to be something that a fan put together not a multi billion dollar company. and the way it was written and the boring ass quests...garbage. Complete garbage
    You do realize it's not over right? We attack/defend Lorderon next week.

Quote Originally Posted by teruaki View Post
    After the last cinematic, a lot of players are discontent with blizz.
    Many say that they will unsub. but for those that still want to play, what if, as a protest, we dont do the war campaign.
    Maybe it wont matter, maybe it will, who knows, but I think that we should not follow the quest chain for the war (sylvanas says, after she burns the tree, that she will "need" us).
    Maybe it is a foollish thought, but would be interesting way to "protest" to blizzard.

What are your thoughts ?
    Are you sure you are playing the right game? You come out as little sensitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    That cinematic and that entire pre expansion event was the single worst one they have ever done. So anti climatic. It seemed really rushed and half assed. It appeared to be something that a fan put together not a multi billion dollar company. and the way it was written and the boring ass quests...garbage. Complete garbage
    You never played Cataclysm's pre-event then did you?

Closing a random rift in the world ? Ugh.

It was as if they was trying to copy RIFT's MMO lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    You are not very intelligent. Yeah a cinematic and 2 ground breaking changes to the world of warcraft, how is it anti climatic we burnt down a world tree. If you didn't watch Bellular 2 months ago and have that spoiled it would've been fucking crazy. How was this in any way rushed of all things. Yeah a fan put together that cinematic definitely can see that, sure sure man.
    Boring Quests. In a PRE PATCH. Do people forget Legion's was literally "Go here kill demon repeat" yet that is praised. This is the time in where Legion has all its problems praised because BFA is "Worse" even though its not.
    I agree... If people don't spoil it for themselves by playing Beta ( I know some people test the game ahead of time so I thank them for that ) they might have an amazing experience.

I didn't read up on anything BFA related and stayed away from spoilers until a week ago and it has been amazing lmao, I have actually turned horde because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post

Cataclysm had the rift, the Stormwind / Ironforge / Orgrimmar / Taurencity invasion, the Elemental bosses, the Cho'gall chainquest and the battle for Echo Island / Gnomeregan.

If you really want to take shitty pre extension event, take WoD and its "You will be able to do 3 boss in UBRS and a shitty quest chain with no reward" or MoP's Theramore scenario and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Who exactly? Your friendlist / guildies?
    I mean WoW will not die over this, but the forums are full with people who want to quit. At least half of them wont, but it is really easy to find a lot of posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    As Aliance I don't give a shit about Sewercity and its zombies. These..."people" are already dead. I would just torch everything and then bury it where it belongs, if I was king.

Deleted
    Was thinking about boycotting this quest chain, but it's, again, limited time offer, Blizzard just love to abuse to force players to do something, that will never be available again. And then I realized, that solution is pretty simple. Have both Horde and Alliance characters, so I can just do Alliance variant and have both mounts. As simple, as that. But if Blizzard want me to reroll to Alliance, then they're fools - Horde still will be my "main" faction, as I like it's theme much more, that Alliance one. I just don't want to have something to do with this terrible xpack theme. First of all, I don't care about lore and story so much. Bad lore is bad lore and what? This doesn't make my game unplayable. Second - I'm purely PVE player, so any PVP crap happens in some parallel reality from my point of view. #SylvanasNotMyQueen #NeutralFaction
    It literally just sounds that you do not want to play the expansion, the amount of whining people are doing is not bringing back a tree & also changing what expansion is coming out.

If you don't like the WHOLE idea of the expansion that's being released, maybe it is time for you to leave until next expansion? If not, get over it and play alliance this expansion, you can't exactly be "#neutralfaction" when you are literally saying stuff that is implying you are on the Alliance side of things atm.

I love how people count 'a lot of players' as just the vocal people on forums and Twitter. There is many more millions of players who either don't give a shit about the lore or actually don't mind the direction the story has gone in, like myself. Not playing a huge part of the game will just ruin your own experience and not change a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrs418 View Post
    I said they didnt play since wod, Legion didnt bring them back, why back now ?? nothing
    To kick the alliance’s teeth in at every turn for the duration of this xpac maybe also the next until at the very last moment they get their “fist bump” moment which amounts to absolutely nothing? Wait a couple xpac and do it all over again. Sure they keep killing our warchiefs, but we get to burn their cities (3 so far) and take their lands. I nominate Baine as the next sacrifi.... err warchief. In exchange for his head I would like Valshara (NE’s can’t be allowed to hold any territory or else they might still have hope, Ironforge and it’s surrounding lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is you have to do that to progress in game. If the game could give that option I would gladly use it especially on my druid. Not doing those quests unfortunatelly means you can just quit the game or just never step into BfA content.

Those dissatisfied should just keep voicing that dissatisfaction. If this change makes you quit then quit but me and many others do not find it enough to quit as I still like the game even without the story (but it becomes pretty shallow at that point). Some people are rerolling Alliance and it's a shame I really don't have this choice at this point. Not be fair I am mostly not prepared to do it just before expansion launch and I don't like to rush decisions like that based on an emotional reaction. But thru out the beginning of BfA I will check out my chances and talk with friends to see how many are willing to go back to Alliance. We went Horde due to recruitment issues and Alliance at this point still doesn't look too promising so changing faction would most likely mean being ready to give up Mythic raiding (m+ can be done on any faction). I actually wonder if Blizzard at some level didn't want to push more people away from Horde into the Alliance. It might not be that many people in the greater scheme but some number of people will do that. And I kinda doubt that current edgyness of the Horde will make many people do the switch the other way aroud.

I do take into account that maybe Blizzard manages to make a good story out of this mess but I am highly skeptical. If we are really forced into choosing between a good or a bad faction then the good simply suits me more. And let all the 12 year olds (mentally) have all their edgy fun in the Horde. Not for me tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Sure they keep killing our warchiefs, but we get to burn their cities (3 so far)
    Including your own :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    They have one more cinematic to go and knowing how the battle goes I'm not having my hopes high for a any game changing revelation. And if Blizzard does not explain what is the reason the Horde is still following Sylvanas after both of those events, playing Horde loses any sense to me. I do not enjoy giant plot holes in my games.

P.S. Yes, I know it won't be the first plot hole ever in a Blizzard story but this one has a chance to be the worst to the extend of actually ruining the experience of those people who do care about the lore.

And yes, I know most people don't care about the lore and that is fine but then realize that your opinion on this topic is mostly irrelevant.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2018-08-02 at 08:01 AM.

Are you talking about the bad story or the cheap move to non-movie cinematics that costs far less than a real movie cinematic to produce?

15+ Year Old Account
    #SylvanasNotMyQueen #NeutralFaction
    I would so much love the game to give people an option to be Neutral. At least everyone who thinks this war is retarded and forced at this point could just go our of way and just deal with saving the Azeroth both from the big enemies and the stupidity of the factions. And I wonder if those people by any chance were mostly druids ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I would so much love the game to give people an option to be Neutral. At least everyone who thinks this war is retarded and forced at this point could just go our of way and just deal with saving the Azeroth both from the big enemies and the stupidity of the factions. And I wonder if those people by any chance were mostly druids ^^
    You’re playing World Of WARcraft.. sorry to break it to you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    People complaining about what Sylvanas did and Blizz writing and wah wah the Horde is evil and it makes me feel bad should just form a little community in game titled Safe Place Horde....

Reminds me of those fun sucking, joyless malcontents that bitched endlessly about the ghoul invasion before WotLK. It's a fucking game people, enjoy the ride. Nothing wrong with being a little Sith Lord now and again. Speaking of....

Cuddos for the image - it made chuckle

But as for the rest. People have feelings about their favourite hobby and it's not like it's possible to turn them off. I liked the lore of WoW with all its cheesyness and little hickups but this story so far is creating such a huge plot hole (they might still explain why Horde is following Sylvanas after the scenario but I am kinda skeptical) that it will what spawns the Void. I acknowledged that maybe I just wanted Sylvanas to not be evil cause I find pure evil characters to be boring (they were fun when I was a teenager) but I just cannot go over the fact that following Sylvanas at this point has no sens for the current Horde given its past experiences. And no, explaining that in the middle or at the end of the expansion will not be good simply because we will have to as players follow Sylvanas' orders to just play the game and without knowing why your character is doing that creates a disconnect.

So about those feelings about the game now. I would to not be unhappy about the story quality. I really would because it would makes things easier for me. But I just cannot. I totally get that many people don't share that but by ridiculing people who have those feelings you are not getting anywhere and to be honest you look pretty silly commenting on people's feelings when you pose as the one who does not care. I would say your words say one thing and your actions say the other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    You’re playing World Of WARcraft.. sorry to break it to you
    So if there is a War you cannot have people who think the War is dumb and try to actually do something useful? Like preparing for the real War that Azeroth will soon have to fight? There are wars and there are dumb wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    Rift - March 1, 2011
    Cata pre-patch - October 12, 2010

Blizzard must have a time machine to copy something from the future.