Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warlords of Draenor

WoD lacked a lot of content. There was barely any outdoor content or incentive to leave the garrison. A lot of effort was put in to events that happened inside the garrison that were ultimately a waste of time. The mini companion mobile/facebook game was fun for a tiny while, but quickly ran out of steam. Especially after Alts started getting in the picture. It was just an expansion without content. A lot of it I think is the fault of mistakes made in Mists. It kept the developers afraid of the old style endgame content and they maybe tried too hard to innovate new things.

Raids of course were fine, as they've always been aside a few exceptions, but it wasn't enough. Dungeons were fine, thought they could have been harder. I loved challenge modes as well. It's sad that they're gone now.

Having played from Vanilla, WoD has been the worst so far. There were a lot of cool minor innovations done in WoD that made the game better. It was the overall presentation that didn't seem to have a direction.

WoD for me. Not for game play reasons but for the story/concept.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

BfA looks pretty bad (have beta access).

WRATH SUCKEDDDDDD

But honestly, I think they've all gotten progressively better for my play style. I hate raiding outside of mythic, but I refuse to put in the time commitment required to do that and tolerate guild politics, so having things to do outside of raiding is good for me. The game has progressively gotten better at that.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2018-08-02 at 10:56 AM.

Cataclysm made me quit, I've tried MoP and loved it. I didn't hate WoD either, but quit again, this time because I didn't have nearly enough time to play. So it's Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    WoD: The world was empty, questing was on rails, ugly armor and weapons, noisy music, little content outside raiding, and so many goddamn orcs. Never again.
    Trolls would like to say hi. At one stage it was just trolls all over. Which race havent we slaughtered to the brink of extinction and can we have a expansion with them?

- - - Updated - - -

I voted WoD.
    It was okay setting up a garrison once on each faction, but for each char was a little excessive
    "Earth can be shaped molded... you cannot you are useless" - Ascendant Lord Obsidius

3.3.5 > 2.4.3 > vanilla > cata > mop > dog shit > flea shit > wod

I did not hate any expansion so far.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD without question

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I WILL HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN WAR, IF I WANT TO COMPLETE THAT DAMN PATHFINDER.
    war in warcraft? what a shocker
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2018-08-02 at 11:06 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

MoP<WoD<Legion<WotLK<Cata. Tried WoW during TBC, maybe late Vanilla, but didn't commit until mid to late WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, this one. Got time to make it up though.
    /s

Legion and BFA have abysmal class design and class gameplay.

Just because they have ruined the classes i have loved since vanilla i vote them the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Legion and BFA have abysmal class design and class gameplay.

Just because they have ruined the classes i have loved since vanilla i vote them the worst.
    I'm confused why so many people think they used to be better pre-Legion.

Why there are many votes for WOD?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimknight View Post
    Why there are many votes for WOD?
    Lack of content and story direction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion. Voted for BFA - I believe this piece of "art" have big chances to take the pedestal.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion has easily been the best since WOTLK, WoD has easily been the worse ever.

This thread kind of bothers me. I don't want to choose any option because I liked all expansions that I played. Why isn't there an option to choose 'none'.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

WoD by far. It was just half an expansion with nothing to do outside of raiding, the cut content was just too much and really showed blizzard treated it as a throwaway expansion with an extremely bad story as well. Cata was probably next in line but it wasn't close to how bad WoD was.

WOD.

Lore-wise , the story was largely irrelevant and the alternative timeline with all the iron-horde, alt-guldan , archimonde 1.0 redux were just so badly written. And we were promised to face alt-grom yet all in a sudden it was archimonde again. And what's the point of the iron horde seriously? gorrash died way too early, alt-grom was irrelevant, and so on..

Gameplay-wise, garrison just sucks, follower missions suck, content drought sucks (lol at 1 year+ of no new content), forcing everyone into assran sucks, the list goes on.

At least Cata started well and ambitiously with all the renewed continents and interesting dungeons / raids. The major drawback were class homogenization, dragonsoul and the introduction of LFR. Cata was not bad, it just ended poorly. WOD was very underwhelming in comparison.
    Last edited by somebodyz; 2018-08-02 at 11:23 AM.