Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    So. Many. Chavs.

They're like vermin on the islands in the summer.
    If it makes you feel any better, they are like vermin here at home for the rest of the year as well. I feel your pain.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    I guess you got some issues so Ill just let this go
    Very nice comeback indeed Grow up and admit when you're wrong, kid.

I moved to Spain 11 years ago. It took me a few years to pick up the language and all the customs but now I'm fluent in Spanish to the point most native speakers think I'm just another guy from Madrid.

Yeah the cultural differences really aren't that deep (mostly stuff related to eating hours and the Spanish street culture, as in Spanish people don't stay at home, especially not in the summer, and dinner is at 21:00-23:00 with a tendency to be out until 1 or 2 am). Also Spaniards are very close to their extended families and stuff like that.

I do know other expats (especially English, to lesser degree some other Americans) who have been living here 10-15 years, sometimes married to Spaniards who still don't speak the language and stubbornly try to recreate the microcosmos of whereever they are from.

I really hate those people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    That's projecting.

And traveling to another country =/= immigrating and living in another country.
    You can forgive a tourist for ignoring cultural boundaries mainly because the mass tourist industry often creates shopping ghettos and isolated tours to make them feel like they are visiting and learning to know another country when they are actually visiting fellow country mates in a different country. If you however really decided to make your own vacation in another country then learning about habits and customs quickly becomes a number #1 priority, just like moving to that country. I remember taking a three week trip to Balearic islands, no tour guide, no internet, nothing, just us, a bit of Spanish language knowledge, asking people and blending in. Interestingly they often warm up and tell you a bit more than shiny flyer guides would tell you.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not wrong westerners are horrible tourists, filthy and without manners most of the time. There's a reason that those who actually live inside popular cities want them gone.

Police is far too tolerant in some nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    He's not wrong westerners are horrible tourists, filthy and without manners most of the time. There's a reason that those who actually live inside popular cities want them gone.

Police is far too tolerant in some nations.
    Police will always be tolerant of the oppressors since they are part of the oppressing group: white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    when people talking about immigrants so much insisting that they adapt to their country and respect ur culture... when u go to countries like mine where is ur adapting? nowhere to be found u think u can act like u want because it is not ur home country... no respect...
    one thing is a temporary nuisance , the other is not . When unchecked immigration goes rampant you see a state developing inside a state , ghettos will have their own rules and laws ( see muslims who cry out for sharia in western countries) that is bad when people disregard the laws of the land and instead make their own .

Even people in the same country can have different sub cultures. It is the law of the country that every one should respect and follow. Tolerance is a great virtue that every culture teaches but very few exercise it.

I usually give tourists the benefit of the doubt, if you're visiting the country for a week or less I don't expect you to know everything about the US. That said in the US we're a lot more sympathetic to foreigners as we're a nation of immigrants.

Europeans are horrible tippers which is an exception.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOnPar View Post
    Police will always be tolerant of the oppressors since they are part of the oppressing group: white people.
    If you are looking for followers in your little crusade seek elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I usually give tourists the benefit of the doubt, if you're visiting the country for a week or less I don't expect you to know everything about the US. That said in the US we're a lot more sympathetic to foreigners as we're a nation of immigrants.

We don't tip because we pay or people regular wages that don't force them to beg for more from the customer, we don't tip because it generally is neither expected or done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    one thing is a temporary nuisance , the other is not . When unchecked immigration goes rampant you see a state developing inside a state , ghettos will have their own rules and laws ( see muslims who cry out for sharia in western countries) that is bad when people disregard the laws of the land and instead make their own .
    Those Muslims that cry out "Sharia Law" are relatively few. They are mostly 1st-3rd generation devout Muslims within their own neighborhoods with close ties to their countries of origin. It is their fault they do not acclimate to the country where they immigrated to.

Tradition is baked into these communities, and the male population that feel disconnected from the European/British culture preach it. Like any other extremist they present themselves loudly and try to be omnipresent in the immediate culture of the times. A good example currently is the emergence of the Alt Right in the US, same tactics used, even though like these people they are a small minority trying to spread "the word". Currently the US president is trying to make his own laws and regulations for his click.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CatsNeverDie View Post
    Even people in the same country can have different sub cultures. It is the law of the country that every one should respect and follow. Tolerance is a great virtue that every culture teaches but very few exercise it.
    Former Yugoslavia is a perfect example when these things go wrong...

Catalonia is a modern example of this...

Here in Canada, we had Quebec nearly separate and form its own country.

I guess in the US it would be California, since they do form one of the largest economies in the world, and would not be overly affected if they did separate, like Catalonia in Spain, or Slovenia/Croatia in Yugoslavia due to stable economies that have some extent of independence.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are looking for followers in your little crusade seek elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't tip because we pay or people regular wages that don't force them to beg for more from the customer, we don't tip because it generally is neither expected or done.

I was about to mention the reason, thanks for saying it . Europeans expect good service nonetheless. Tips are for special occasions or outstanding service, not for regular Joe Shmoe occurrences.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Because they aren't slaves like muricans - where their masters throw them a piece of bread after working.

Europeans get the new hire who doesn't know the menu and forgets which tables she's in charge of.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Europeans get the new hire who doesn't know the menu and forgets which tables she's in charge of.
    What?...

That makes no sense?
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Ohh gtfo. You know absolute nothing of me? Your pathetic dumbass opinion now defines me? I can then tell I travel approx 100 days a year world wide-- TO muslim countries as well as other huge countries by different nationalities and religions. So please.. just stop.. just.. stop.... /facepalm
    Which Muslim countries have you been to?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

when people talking about immigrants so much insisting that they adapt to their country and respect ur culture... when u go to countries like mine where is ur adapting? nowhere to be found u think u can act like u want because it is not ur home country... no respect...

Immigration is settling in to a new nation and home, they by rights should be adapting to their new home, culture and way of life, because they intent to remain for some time, or life

Going to another nation to visit? not the same thing, we call that tourism, doesn't last forever, only thing that should be respected is the laws of the host nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Always been poor and taking off work for a week is really hard.
    Everyone starts somewhere. Keep at it and hopefully someday soon you'll get a well earned vacation!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    What?...

That makes no sense?
    Hubcap trying to smack talk. Just nod your head and slowly back away.

Very detailed rant there buddy /s

No, not at all, what on earth are you on about?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are a 100% dead on, it's that obnoxious exceptionalist nonsense that really is to blame and out of hand. If I am visiting Rome I do as the Romans, and if someone is visiting me I do my best to try to be as understanding, because as a visitor you don't always know what you don't know.

I am very high on giving respect, when it's given and even when it's not.

I don't have much interest in visiting Asia or Europe, nothing wrong with either, but just not general interest, but if I did China or Germany might be points of interest, but not being able to speak the language, I don't want to be one of those assholes that's too lazy and says "Carry me" to a nation of strangers I don't know.

Not because they might not be polite, but I rather at least SHOW I am making a real effort to show them respect.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis