Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Quote me saying it is. Please try that weak strawman attempt on someone that will take that bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Make no mistake about it, when blizzard can get away with it they will gate anything for $. Hell, they're currently gating the pre xpansion quest line LMAO.
    because you mention prepatch, nothing like how.
    TBC to unlock sunwell had server wide time gate
    to unlock AQ was a massive time gate of the player base needing to hand in resources
    ICC with a wing opening each week
    wotlk how there was differant phases
    legion prepatch how you needed to wait to do the broken shore.
    Could even call the TBC attunements gating to an extreme extent "want to do this content, gotta do ALL THIS OTHER STUFF first, no matter how geared you are"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    it makes sense to be locked to simulate progress in a somewhat similar manner, you dont enter raid on mythic first day and fully clear it, you progress thru it slowly
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No, a walkthrough version of the content needs to be gated. players who only prioritize LFR raiding deserve the extra wait. Put in the effort to get better, join a guild, or join a pug.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a difficult one. It's honestly an awful feeling for players who aren't on a raiding team to go on the levelling and gearing journey with everyone for a few weeks only to suddenly be left behind and locked out of the next step until a point when it's already old news. LFR is designed to help players without the time or commitment to raid to stay somewhat in touch with other players and the gating fails that idea.
    On the other hand it encourages players to join guilds and raiding teams which is to the benefit of the community as a whole.

Prefer the current system due to the fact it at least encourages people to try normal mode first, if it's out of reach for them LFR provides an adequate alternative (though they'll be waiting longer to get it all done).

That being said I wouldn't lose any sleep if we did get to a point where LFR was made completely available on same week normal/hc is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    LFR is a proper manner and no its not for a incentive to get people into NM+ raiding. Time and time again it has been shown NM+ raiding is for the minority and will be. Many people give no fucks about it. Hell the reason LFR even happen was because the raiding playerbase for it got too small and no longer justify the budget and time going into raiding.

You would have a point if the majority of raiders did NM+, Its been proven time and time again they don't.
    you've got to be winding us up surely... lolzzzzzzzz shitter - do us a favour and don't bother playing

Hell the reason LFR even happen was because the raiding playerbase for it got too small and no longer justify the budget and time going into raiding.
    I think you're making things up. I think LFR was added because why not have a way for non-raiders to enjoy some limited aspects of the raids?

Go check wowprogress to see how many guilds killed at least 2 bosses on mythic raid difficulty in the last two tiers. Then multiply that number by 20 (nice thing with mythic is that we know there are at least 20 different people in each raid team.) Now multiply that by at least two to come up with a rough guess on the number of people doing heroic raids. I would guess that the number of people doing normal are about the same, but guess that one however you want. Now add up all those numbers and come back and tell me that there aren't enough people raiding sans LFR to support having raiding.

I don't care about LFR and would not care if they released it sooner. But stop pretending that LFR is making their raid R&D possible because it is just not true. LFR is just an inexpensive tag-along.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    It's incentive to get people to try and see the content in a proper manner.
    While normally I would say "it is a block to prolong content", I actually agree with this block of 6 weeks for LFR. I am not a fan of LFR, have spoken against it for some time now. However, I do appreciate the gate of when LFR is released and how it is released, as a means of getting players to engage in PUGS, or guild raiding if they wish to see the content.

The lockout makes sense if they are encourage people to try out normal mode. It's a superior experience. I think LFR is useful to some people and it's fine that it exists, but in a world where normal is built to have a low number of mechanics, flexibly sized, and low requirements I just think Blizzard would like to incentivize people to move into more social and interesting content.

As someone who is adamantly pro LFR I 100% disagree with the OP. The reason for the time gate is because raidfinder is basically a free win for everyone. It is a step or two away from charity and being gifted the raid gear and experiences it provides. For this reason they prefer to allow not just mythic, but N and H guilds, the chance to progress *faster* than the LFR unlock schedule so that they might first see the fights in their more proper formats, before any of it is spoiled by LFR. Since LFR is charity, it rewards and incentivizes participation in higher difficulties.

The unlock schedule also somewhat mimics the progression experienced by guilds as they work through the raid. Since LFR is basically a free win, however, this must be artificially simulated via timegate.

That said, I think unlocking 1 wing per week is a better schedule than one every 2 weeks.
    Last edited by elaina; 2018-08-03 at 03:25 AM.

at most, it should be one wing a week. waiting two week for each additional wing is dumb.

it's not going to force people into higher tiers that wouldn't otherwise do them. they just won't play as much.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Why game need LFR? Personally, I am joining LFR just for mogs, but there is no other reason to harm yourself with joining LFR - there is 95% bad players (with zero knowing about their class), it's take too much time for too bad reward.. you can easily find pug for normal mode and clear whole raid in half time of LFR clear..
    I really don't get this Blizz idea "available content for every one".. Everyone can find the guild or pug.. LFR/LFG makes this game more toxic and more single player.. it's MMO, you should have to play with others, if you don't like othe players, just play single player games.. jeeez

Quote Originally Posted by klit33 View Post
    I Am a mythic raider and i totally agree with you i would rather go lfr than doing wq's but when we have to w8 that Long i have nothing to do in There so it Will be max 2 times for me just for the "experience" ������.
    I dont get why u don't raid normal with some guild for the social part, but that is your choice.
    1/10M is not being a mythic raider
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenthings View Post
    1/10M is not being a mythic raider
    I agree, but thats not the case for me. But just because i agree with OP as a mythic raider you had to comment on it...

Deleted
    Please no.

If LFR is open to begin with then it'll no doubt becomes mandatory to farm, even moreso now that master looter is gone so every upgrade matters much more since loot will be wasted on healers in raids, opening up an avenue to compensate and get potential titanforges in lfr to open up trades would be unmissable.

Gate it off, normal is already tuned so low you can pug it, might as well axe one of those difficulties if they're both going to be available from the getgo.

Deleted
    If you give a child all the candy at once, they eat it all up withing a small amount of time and later complains they have a stomach ache (content comming to fast), and later when they discover they have no candy left they will complain of the lack of it.

This is the beautiful complaint cycle of wow, by timegating it blizzard keeps feeding the children 1 candy piece of the time making it last longer and the child happy for a while longer.
    Last edited by mmoc1e91e35c21; 2018-08-04 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    well, they don't because there might be a financial reason - subs? Subs pay for the game. So no - it should be kept as it is.
    It is a good thing to make a few players to step up their game, even if that is a tiny amount of people. Normal raids take like 2hours of your time or less for full clear. I have been wiping on Argus for 45 minutes on LFR with my toon. So LFR wastes WAAAY more total time, than normal+

15+ Year Old Account
    Mainly the time aspect.

With LFR I can do what I want when I want, With guild raiding there is the stress aspect of doing it and having to do it on a set time. Its no longer my cup of tea honestly.
    This. Went for hc raiding every day 8-12 to casual LFR just to see it and once a month clear normal/heroic. Ain't got time to progress and stress anymore :P

Are you scared of losing progress? kek.

Such entitled.

15+ Year Old Account
    LFR shouldn't exist, but thats a dead horse thats been beaten.

However, for those that do enjoy LFR, I don't understand why the lock. Its pointless, all it does is make them wait. its not like they get any good gear. Nothing at all to gain, and don't use the line "Oh because real raiders have it harder and no one else should see end boss first" stfu, you sound like a spoiled immature brat.