Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    And I was starting to think about playing the game again after skipping Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    This is starting to get a bit ridiculous. I understand the whole bugs happen sometimes argument but these past few weeks are a real eye opener on the current quality of this company. It may be time to find another game once and for all.
    HAHAHAHA GL HF with your korean mmorpg full of bugs. Seriously, there are NO MMORPG as polished as wow, even FF14 has a lot, and I mean a lot more bugs... I mean untill I stopped in previous xpack (Stromblood ?).

These bugs always happen in prepatch. ZOMG just go back to read draeor, legion, wolkt launches... I won't even talk about vanilla and BC with the servers down AN ENTIRE DAY OR TWO... I can't even imagine the SS if that happened today.

No one will miss you anyway

I've tried several mmorpg (Wildstar, AION, FF14, Conan, Terra, Rift,...) and I ALWAYS came back to wow (or stopped playing mmorpg for some months). You think wow farming is tedious ? Just try FF14...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    This is a problem these days... they could randomly start deleting characters and a whole bunch of people would start defending Blizzard how this is somehow not a bad thing..
    ... Just go back to previous xpack prepatches FFS. Are you a NEW player ? I was there for EVERY LAUNCH except MOP. And we always had bugs in prepatch, ALWAYS. You probably don't understand a f*** about programming anyway. They said it themselves in a blue post... it's to avoid bugs like this after BFA launch. If you don't like this, unsub until BFA and STFU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    This is a problem these days... they could randomly start deleting characters and a whole bunch of people would start defending Blizzard how this is somehow not a bad thing..

Yeah because character deletion = losing some quests.. of course. If that happened they would roll back...

It's like complaining about a scratch on your new car and say "WHAT IF IT EXPLODES NOW ???"...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Damn, I'm glad I'm not playing currently. I have unattainable quests from vanilla and BC like "The Alliance Needs Purple Lotus!" and the "Chamber of Secrets" quest that awarded the Monster Slayer Kit.
    Whats the point of keeping them ???

I'm not working for Blizzard, I'm not white knighting, you're just a bunch of idiots who can only do one thing : COMPLAIN
    If Blizzard is spoiling you, if the game sucks... Why are you still playing it...
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-08-02 at 09:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Saved me some wor at least. Sorry for the 25 quest hoarders tho.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be new to this.
    Please enlighten me, when was the last time when 10 hotfix came out within 14 days....

I think Blizzard should think seriously of a technical way to let players automatically save a copy of their progress data into their own local hard drives for situation like this, if this was implemented before the incident I guess no one would lose their quests log as it can be restored back from the daily backup in WOW's directory in their local hard drives. I though I would share this idea with you guys.

Deleted
    Have to play all classes, due to artifact appearances.

I knew maybe 3-5 quests that my dr00d had.
    How the fuck am i supposed to find the remaining 10-15!?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why? Why would truly wish they screw up and impact millions of players? Why do you want millions to be just as mad as you are now?
    Because of responses like yours, fan boi.

I remember when Blizzard had a "ship it when its ready" mentality. They intentionally missed the holiday season to ship BC when it was ready.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobslayer View Post
    Because of responses like yours, fan boi.
    There's no bounds to what they will defend, not sure why, I guess to sound contrarian and get a rise out of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Please enlighten me, when was the last time when 10 hotfix came out within 14 days....
    Probably the last time they did a power/ilvl squish. There are so many items and creatures in the game with lots of different abilities. Takes some time to catch every anomaly. And with every fix there’s a chance you break something completely different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    HAHAHAHA GL HF with your korean mmorpg full of bugs. Seriously, there are NO MMORPG as polished as wow, even FF14 has a lot, and I mean a lot more bugs... I mean untill I stopped in previous xpack (Stromblood ?).

These bugs always happen in prepatch. ZOMG just go back to read draeor, legion, wolkt launches... I won't even talk about vanilla and BC with the servers down AN ENTIRE DAY OR TWO... I can't even imagine the SS if that happened today.

No one will miss you anyway

I've tried several mmorpg (Wildstar, AION, FF14, Conan, Terra, Rift,...) and I ALWAYS came back to wow (or stopped playing mmorpg for some months). You think wow farming is tedious ? Just try FF14...

- - - Updated - - -

... Just go back to previous xpack prepatches FFS. Are you a NEW player ? I was there for EVERY LAUNCH except MOP. And we always had bugs in prepatch, ALWAYS. You probably don't understand a f*** about programming anyway. They said it themselves in a blue post... it's to avoid bugs like this after BFA launch. If you don't like this, unsub until BFA and STFU.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because character deletion = losing some quests.. of course. If that happened they would roll back...

It's like complaining about a scratch on your new car and say "WHAT IF IT EXPLODES NOW ???"...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not working for Blizzard, I'm not white knighting, you're just a bunch of idiots who can only do one thing : COMPLAIN
    If Blizzard is spoiling you, if the game sucks... Why are you still playing it...
    While I somewhat agree with you, you type like a triggered neckbeard.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Bugs happens" - said by a few person..and I say screw you...Patch came out on 18th (in EU at least) and in the last 2 weeks, almost every day we got a hotfix to sort out this and that...(18., 19., 20., 23., 24., 25., 27., 30., 31., and 01 of August https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...s-july-18-2018)

This is worse than a beta/PTR.....
    They had 10 in July and 1 in august. For a total of 11 for the pre-patch. For comparison they had 10 in January of 2018. Hot fixes happen because bugs happen. It is nothing new. Just be glad that they can fix so much with hot fixes instead of requiring patches all the time like it used to be.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What a s**tshow this 8.0.1 has been so far, daily patches fixing various issue, even "important " things like void elfs not spinning while jumping is not fixed yet, they were working fine before the 8.0.1 patch.

But seriously, 14 days of non stop patches, bugs that wipe out all quests (gee thanks, lets do 10+ resets worth of raid clears, when i was nearly done with most of them, can't solo legion raids in bfa, and probably going to be hard to find people to complete old legion raids), no not talking about simple quests like kill 0/10 simple mobs where we talk about having to redo 5min of work, but raid/artifact quests)

Playing on the alpha/beta it was clear this is rushed so hard for content that just wasn't ready, they just don't give a crap anymore, it's $$$>anything for them, think even casual players will be shocked how little they have to do after a few months, it's going to be even less content than wod).

Even the GM's know they have fucked up big time, giving 30 days game time left and right when reporting bugs.

Will i still play the game?, yes probably, but seems highly likely i will pause midway through this exp if this s**tshow continues after 8.1

15+ Year Old Account
    It is 11 in 14 days. At least get the numbers right if you are going to set arbitrary dead lines to fit your narrative. We had 10 in the month of January https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hotfixes#January

And that wasn't an expansion launch period. Bugs happen. Stop acting like it is the end times because they are fixing things.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_7.0.3hotfix14

Legion launch had 14 hotfixes prior to the release of the expansion.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2018-08-02 at 03:03 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Holy shit who cares? You lose a little quest progress? Quests are incredibly easy and you can do it again easily. You constantly do quests over and over again due to the world quest system anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alkindi2000 View Post
    I think Blizzard should think seriously of a technical way to let players automatically save a copy of their progress data into their own local hard drives for situation like this, if this was implemented before the incident I guess no one would lose their quests log as it can be restored back from the daily backup in WOW's directory in their local hard drives. I though I would share this idea with you guys.
    Yeah, the reason online multiplayer games never save stuff locally, is because you can easily alter it and cheat. People will just edit the file to get a bunch of quests on complete, restore it to the server and voila. So no, that would not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    If I lost the AQ gates collection quest that I've been holding on to for 10+ years gonna be pissed!
    Good chance that you did, you might want to look into that.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Yeah, the reason online multiplayer games never save stuff locally, is because you can easily alter it and cheat. People will just edit the file to get a bunch of quests on complete, restore it to the server and voila. So no, that would not work.
    Tooshay...I never too that in my consideration. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post

Yeah, I'm going to assume that second part was not directed at me. Clearly. Like I said, I'm not playing currently and I'm simply glad that I was not affected by the bug. I keep them for nostalgia and to share with random raids for fun since you can't get them anymore any other way.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy