Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Awesome, alliance one too pls

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I hate the writing in BfA. It's like it's aimed at 13 year olds, and it didn't used to.
    In what instance has it not? As cool as WarCraft 3 was, its writing was not that great, Warcraft's writing has never been that great. Burning Crusade writing was an atrocity that butchered WoW lore for years to come, Cataclysm with the dragon aspect shit, the corny ass ending of WotLK with "there must always be *LIGHTNING* a Lich King", Illidan coming back to life twice... come the fuck on. When exactly has WarCraft had some fucking pinnacle of writing?
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2018-08-03 at 06:03 AM.

Deleted
    I'm Alliance but....these 2 are gonna making a mess. I like this kind of horde, some you can fight against but with which you can fight side by side. I liked saurfang since WotLK....And, this little troll is going to be someone. And maybe is going to create a link with Saurfang (who lost his son and the boy lost his father)...and being a shaman even Thrall maybe. He is even the same age as Anduin...who knows the future...

Looking again....zappyboy is absolutely the same shaman that open the earth under the alliance soldiert and that elecrtocute ppl in the last charge. His HIM!!!
    Last edited by mmoc427c9af1b0; 2018-08-03 at 06:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    "Also, I'm pretty sure the Troll kid is the same shaman who casts Earthquake in the first BfA cinematic."

May also be the one who Anduin smashes into the ground. He did jump in to Zap Genn after he clawed Saurfang offscreen.

I'm not getting the sense they are going to repeat Garrosh and the MoP plot with Sylvanas.

jsut rewatched it, all the trolls that get taken out are either pink or white haired a red haired troll si with saurfang at the start and in the charge at the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    All the characters are two-dimensional as hell:
    Jaina is mad at the Horde.
    Sylvanas is 100% evil.
    Anduin is 100% good.
    Saurfang is honorable and obedient to the Horde even though he disagrees with the Warchief (Nazgrim 2.0) . He could've been so much better of a character.

I hate the writing in BfA. It's like it's aimed at 13 year olds, and it didn't used to.
    Well this is a positive for the story of a video game where we often have to save the world. Story in games have nothing to do with stories where we're not interacting. Good vs evil is an excellent story for a game. It works all the time. mario, zelda, final fantasy, ... and stories with such stories are good too. It's when you try to be complicated for the sake of it that it's stupid. Imagine wanting mario and luigi to have ptsd because they're tortured and stuff kek
    Last edited by Cæli; 2018-08-03 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I don't like the troll. I hate when there's a character that's intentionally written to be funny, likeable, little bit of comic. Like Hodor from GoT, Floki from Vikings, or Scrat from Ice Age.

The troll has a terrible voiceover. The accent was bad, felt like Anduin trying too hard to sound like trolls.
    He was written as a kid who just went to war, not sure where you got any of that from...

A little rushed release to try and quell all the pissed off people after the mess the pre patch continues to be. I seriously doubt late at night on Thursday was their target window.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this cinematic was in production BEFORE the Zappy Boi memes started, the cinematics team must have been absolutely thrilled when the random troll in the first cinematic got so popular.

Of course, I suspect it's the other way around, and he was given a lot of focus because of the memes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Its pure damage control.

Was it also pure damage control when she blew up Teldrassil, which she basically already had in her grasp?

We all know (well most) what happens right afterward.
    They make Saurfang lose all honor and cant even bother to give this old warrior the honorble death he deserves.
    Dying in service of one without honor is hardly the "honorable death he deserves"...

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet I wasn't even trying. I don't like cheap shit. Bye.
    Has anyone ever told you that you're a hateful person?

Oh and, uh. Bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may also be the one who Anduin smashes into the ground, jumping in to zap Genn after he clawed Saurfang offscreen.

I'm not getting the sense they are going to repeat Garrosh and the MoP plot with Sylvanas.
    Na, the troll Anduin kills has grey hair, the kid has red hair. Also, at the end of the BFA cinematic, there's a troll with red hair blasting some lightning into the crowd, so I'm thinking that's him and he survives. That would have been a great little dark twist though if it had been the dead troll.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Reminds me of the time some asshole I knew said that a character played by Gerard Butler in some movie "had a terrible fake Scottish accent" as if he was an accent expert, when Gerard Butler is from friggin Scotland.
    I would expect more. It didn't sound like the trolls ingame. The original accent was too obvious for me. But I have watched it only 2 times so my opinion may change. I never said or thought that I am a troll accent expert. You don't have to be an expert to not like something. Or to think some accent sounds different than you are used to.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    This is the kinda stuff Blizzard does for a major character arc development. I got shivers from this stuff. Saurfang is likely going to be warchief of a splinter horde or something similar. Which means that Sylvanas is going to be a boss.
    I think you are half right. I'm guessing (admittedly with very little to support it) that both factions are going to split by the end of BfA leading into the next expac.

5+ Year Old Account
    So...what exactly did this cinematic tell us that we didn't already know?

Why didn't he stop sylvanas if he was so against the burning in the first place.

I feel like blizzard knows they F'd up and again went to their amazing cinematic team..."FIX IT" "Distract them"

10+ Year Old Account
    I would expect more. It didn't sound like the trolls ingame. The original accent was too obvious for me. But I have watched it only 2 times so my opinion may change. I never said or thought that I am a troll accent expert. You don't have to be an expert to not like something. Or to think some accent sounds different than you are used to.
    Oooor maybe the troll accent is diminishing due to integration with other Horde races.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am full Alliance but this orc over there is what the Horde should represent. Sylvanas is badass, great but not fit for Warchief.

It may also be the one who Anduin smashes into the ground, jumping in to zap Genn after he clawed Saurfang offscreen.

Nope, the one Anduin smashes has gray hair, the kid has red.
    /Catchphrase!

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    So...what exactly did this cinematic tell us that we didn't already know?

Why didn't he stop sylvanas if he was so against the burning in the first place.

I feel like blizzard knows they F'd up and again went to their amazing cinematic team..."FIX IT" "Distract them"
    No offense meant but the timeframe to make this style of cinematic makes that theory ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    Nope, the one Anduin smashes has gray hair, the kid has red.
    Ahh yeah, someone else mentioned as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    A little rushed release to try and quell all the pissed off people after the mess the pre patch continues to be. I seriously doubt late at night on Thursday was their target window.
    It was released for some event in China, planned long ahead. It has nothing to do with fanboy cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Has anyone ever told you that you're a hateful person?

Oh and, uh. Bye.
    Has anyone ever told you that you're annoying?

If you don't agree with me, then don't. If you do like the troll, then do. I am okay with that. Opinions. I respect yours.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.