Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Feels like I have more to earn through pvp than they do in BFA. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Feels like I have more to earn through pvp than they do in BFA. I like that.
    yeah you've a 3000 hour grind ahead of you, they're done.

damn you're gonna have fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    literally fucking impossible, show me any proof of this 1800 level honor level person.
    level 25 which took ALONG time was only 120, so you are saying he had EVERY CLASS AT LEVEL 25 PRESTIEGE
    actually only needs 14 classes at prestige 25.

Literally not anything to be jealous of because he/she probably can't wipe their own ass properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    And as always people abusing shit ruins it for everybody else.

Oh well, its fairly irrelevant anyway.

edit; Wouldn't mind Blizzard removing the honor from everyone who abused this and maybe slap them with a ban for a while or something.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2018-08-02 at 11:44 PM.

War Mode was a good idea on paper but Blizzard is now seeing how terrible it is when actually implemented. The only good part of it is letting people "stuck" on PvP servers quest in peace when they don't feel like PvPing.

Anyone calling for bans is just mad though, people trading kills in world pvp is no different then asking people to help with achievements. Before anyone says I'm only saying that because I did it, no, I didn't. I heard about it but it just sounded too boring and none of the rewards are good enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeah you've a 3000 hour grind ahead of you, they're done.

damn you're gonna have fun!

- - - Updated - - -

actually only needs 14 classes at prestige 25.

Literally not anything to be jealous of because he/she probably can't wipe their own ass properly.
    14, so every class PLUS TWO to get 1800... dear lord the amount of time to get that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    And as always people abusing shit ruins it for everybody else.

Oh well, its fairly irrelevant anyway.

edit; Wouldn't mind Blizzard removing the honor from everyone who abused this and maybe slap them with a ban for a while or something.
    I think tyhe removal is enough as alot of people did it without exactly knowing. also with the expansion coming out in just under 2 weeks...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Implying what times you work matter when you can use certain means to just stay afk for over 24 hours while gaining honor. You just didn't discover it early enough, along with a good enough group for it.

Now we can farm it for a few thousand hours in bgs for shit honor instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    literally fucking impossible, show me any proof of this 1800 level honor level person.
    level 25 which took ALONG time was only 120, so you are saying he had EVERY CLASS AT LEVEL 25 PRESTIEGE
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...tland/bear/pvp

With alts and towers/ffas, the grind isn't terrible on its own, but guys like this are the types of people you'd see multiboxing out in ffas/towers. No where near impossible, getting 10 multibox accounts to prestige cap is almost as easy as getting 1 toon to prestige cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    They WILL come for you for the win trading, they've already said it - not sure why everyone thinks they pulled one over on Bliz with this one :/ . Good luck I guess.

who fucking cares about this useless honor ranks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    who fucking cares about this useless honor ranks
    Thank you for your contribution to the thread. Much needed input there.

- - - Updated - - -

Issue still remains: Honor nerfed into the ground in wpvp. Small scale 5 man warmode pvp is no longer an alternative to bgs for farming honor.

I'm not alone in saying I was really looking forward to an alternative. Bgs bore me after a while, especially Seething Shore.

Please nerf wintrading in wpvp a different way and give us back reasonable honor for kills in wpvp.

remember days blizzard purged anything that got earned by bug abuse. sadly thos days apperently gone.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, so here's 2 questions:

1) how is getting 180 honor decent for kiling a player?

2) When was this even a thing? I've been doing Wpvp in Darkshore with raid groups vs random horde raid groups there for control of the drop crates for more than a week, every time someone kills another player we all get, at most, 10 honor per kill. Where do those exagerated high number of honor come from??
    Last edited by vitor210; 2018-08-03 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Does it though? Forever since now, whenever you see someone having 500 honor level achievment with date from before BfA, you will know it was exploited. Its value is 0.
    There was no value to begin with. Same with prestige in Legion. It just meant you played a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm confused, so here's 2 questions:

1) how is getting 180 honor decent for kiling a player?

2) When was this even a thing? I've been doing Wpvp in Darkshore with raid groups vs random horde raid groups there for control of the drop crates for more than a week, every time someone kills another player we all get, at most, 10 honor per kill. Where do those exagerated high number of honor come from??
    1) Not sure where you are going with this. Are you saying its still pretty crappy? Are you saying its too much?

2) Idk what to tell you, it fluctuated from kill to kill as you can see on the screen shot on the first page. Sometimes you get 10, sometimes you get more. Guild Battle Standards also add honor along with a few other items.

you will 100% get banned, happened with the ap exploit so it will with this.

I'm ignorant about anything PVP related, been for years now. What's the point of farming to that honor level today? Isn't the season over and all that sheit, no special gear to be bought?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    you will 100% get banned, happened with the ap exploit so it will with this.
    The only difference is with AP exploit people knew endlessly respawning WQ isn't intended, because they're supposed to stay cleared once you clear them until next wave spawns. Getting X honor per outdoor kill is hard to gauge "is it inflated value / bug or is it intended". Then it gets into muddy waters of "earnt without effort thanks to help of others", how is that different from being boosted in m+15 with disclaimer "you can just afk at start" - and that's legit, you can earn keystone master thanks to other people carrying you without your own effort. So where do we put the line, why boosting for 1 achievement is fine and some other (like honor level 500) isn't?

Boosts for irl money or with accout sharing are bannable. Otherwise they're not. People were boosting pvp achievements like Nemesis and Fire Watcher coins for ages, not even mentioning pvp pet battles.

It's not even win trading cuz outside of bg / arena there's no "win condition" you're actually trading. You can keep killing them for 24h straight and no one gets a "win" or "loss" in the process.

Exploiting of a bug only happens if you know it's a clear bug you still progress with it. Example bugging a raid boss like saronite bombs on lich king preventing platform from breaking or bugging Helya so she stops breaths altogether.

If it something you can't help, no ban. For example: Odyn being bugged and stopping doing abilities randomly, no one knew why, no one did anything special on that boss to trigger it. Ret paladins doing excessive damage to Deathwing with a passive seal buff. That one day in WOD when some characters were randomly bugged and did excessive damage to other players in arenas.

If it's something you could assume could be intended, no ban either. Example: first time garrison xmas event was up you could refund a box until you find one with a mount. Tons of people accumulated mounts and didn't get banned. Refunding was hotfixed next day though. Or trial characters milked for DMF tokens / Rogue weekly quest farm / lvl 25 pet battle stone in WOD. Lots of trial character centered "exploits" were hotfixed but no one was banned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...tland/bear/pvp

With alts and towers/ffas, the grind isn't terrible on its own, but guys like this are the types of people you'd see multiboxing out in ffas/towers. No where near impossible, getting 10 multibox accounts to prestige cap is almost as easy as getting 1 toon to prestige cap.
    *Completely forgot multiboxxing exists, and just vomits at the sight of this mess.*
    actually he couldent have gotten this wth multiboxing could he?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-08-03 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

*Completely forgot multiboxxing exists, and just vomits at the sight of this mess.*
    actually he couldent have gotten this wth multiboxing could he?
    I mean he's only honored with factions like high mountain. If he quested there+did every day wqpvp there he should be higher after an entire expansion. Sure maybe he skipped and leveled legion but I think would think months on end of 150+ rep would be higher than honored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renixian View Post
    I mean he's only honored with factions like high mountain. If he quested there+did every day wqpvp there he should be higher after an entire expansion. Sure maybe he skipped and leveled legion but I think would think months on end of 150+ rep would be higher than honored.
    That's a rogue, and a little played one at that, as he has un-upgraded legendary equipped. Rogues aren't usually a class that is multiboxed, so its probably just a random alt. No idea of his main, wasn't that invested, was just an armory link going around for high honor. Its all account wide anyway, and that includes all accounts listed under a battle.net account, up to the max of 8? accounts. Hell there were people who did prestige 15 on every class for the artifact skins via towers before they announced account wide honor unlocking skins, that alone is honor 950.

Either way, my original point was that honor 500 before the darkshore cheese was well obtainable without any huge investment. Legion ran for a little under 2 years, at 600 days of autocompletes on 1 toon alone with a banner, you'd get 350k honor (40 bfa honor levels) free... that's one toon, throw on alts, heck, if you had one of every class (which legion encouraged), that's 6 autocompletes (240 honor levels free)... plus it wouldn't be unreasonable to have a prestige capped toon, add another 130, we're up to 370. Could go on and on. If you had alts parked at stormheim, there's 3 bareback brawls in a 3 day rotation, thats 1500 honor per toon for about 10 mins (over 3 days) work per toon parked there.

I don't do much rated PvP beyond the seasonal saddle, did a prestige cap on main over the expac, did prestige 15 on an alt, used all my alts and got honor 500 before darkshore was a thing, and I don't think I did an exorbitant amount of work for it mostly due to having a lot of alts, but then again one could argue leveling a bunch of alts is a lot of work to begin with. Only the one account too, so no dual/multiboxing.

Edit: Just want to make myself clear that I think the honor grind, as it stands for the average person, is way over-tuned and the fact people felt they needed to win trade to make decent progress/finish it quickly highlights it, but I don't agree with people win-trading for it.
    Last edited by Ryken; 2018-08-03 at 11:28 PM.