Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbeaver View Post
    Lets be completely fucking honest here guys. Saurfang will not be warchief, because he doesn't want to be. The dude is tired and has lived way to long for what he considers his life. Fuck if you even click him in orgrimmar he says "Do not grow old... if you can help it."

Yea but I interpreted the cinematic a bit differently. You need to fully digest what occurred. Saurfang is an "Old Soldier" bound by traditional Orcish beliefs of honor, and the most honorable thing to do is to die in battle. If you re-watch the Alliance version of his son's death scene in ICC, you see that he greatly appreciates the Alliance granting him access to his dead son to give him a proper burial. The Alliance king calls his son a hero, and Saurfang addresses the Alliance king as "Highness". Saurfang acknowledges the sense of honor within the Alliance, and so he clearly would object to what Sylvannas is doing. Furthermore, the young Troll (who had a father that died fighting alongside Saurfang) probably made Saurfang realize that for a lot of the individuals in the Horde, the Horde is all they have. This was enough to make Saurfang turn around, this may be enough to make Saurfang strive to make the Horde a better place, whether he lives or dies. The way the story is shaping, it really does seem that a Garrosh 2.0 is going to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Sorry, but this cinematic takes place directly before the Battle for Lordaeron cinematic. The Alliance kill Zappyboi during their scenario. He's dead.
    Why do people think Zappyboi is dead? He isn't. He is actually shown at the very end of the cinematic doing what he does best. Zappy'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Is it just me, or did the Troll kind of remind them of Jar Jar Binks?

Also did they forget the fact Trolls are supposed to be covered in short dense fur again, or has that now essentially been ret-conned?
    Check out the shot at 1:03, you can see in the light there is some fuzz on the skin of the troll, so it's there but not super thick fur or anything like that.

Deleted
    This is what the warcraft movie should have been. You don't need real life actors messing things up when almost every cinematic they've made has been totally engrossing. I'd watch 4 hours of this.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by redwolfrain View Post
    Ok, I will give you that. But like you said this cinematic happens right before launch. In the battle for Teldrassil quest chain he only has one shoulder, but in the cinematic and all the photos he clearly has two again.

"Problem is that his model is based upon his character post-undercity, not pre-undercity." They should've made two models, one with two pauldrons and no facepaint (which should be used during the War of Thorns and pre-BFA in general) and then the one he uses currently; with facepaint and one pauldron and the loose faceguard.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

trolls are taller than orcs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    I wonder, do the whiners believe that they put out this cinematic as an emergency tactic as well same as the books?

Yeah, the people saying that the story "doesn't make sense" or "is written for children" or "lazy", are simply reacting like children themselves rather than seeing how the story unfolds.
    We have already seem this story. Can you really see anything that can redeem sylvannas? Because if she is not redeemed we are faced with 3 options:

1) We end up killing her.
    2)She runs away
    3)We forgive her

1&2 will still result in another warchief. Which is simply stupid. 3 is somehow worst, because how can we forgive her for burning 900 innocent night elves alive? And 1&2 will basically be THE SAME STORY AS MOP.

This sucks so much, dear god.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    something tells me that we haven't seen the last of zappy boy.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Damn, boy, I love to be in Horde!!

Everything is about us all the time! Hahaha

Well that was incredible.

Maybe blizz will try something new with world of warcraft,what if this time there wont be a redeem story,what if this time a whole race split apart from its faction,aka forsaken leaves the horde and sylvanas with her people will go full Lich king/scourge against horde and alliance,bolvar will be pissed her sister will be pissed the horde will be MEGA pissed and guess what the alliance will be pissed aswell (except maybe genn he will be happy to claw his way in her new icc).

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

This image brings out so many emotions, like Sylvanas just standing over looking out at the dam,age she wrought, all the Night elf hands below reaching out towards the trees as if crying out in pain. the cries and screams heard. And the haunting picture alone of the tree burning... my god thats some powerful imagery
    someone need to make this animated gif fits for desktop background, like the batman arkham night one

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Yeah, the people saying that the story "doesn't make sense" or "is written for children" or "lazy", are simply reacting like children themselves rather than seeing how the story unfolds.
    I still have hope that this turns into a "Snape turned on Dumbledor" situation, where we're all pissed at the end of the 6th book but find this awesome side story that led up to said event in the 7th.

Blizz FFS just do a whole movie with this animation!!

You know you can do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    This is an absurd amount of speculation. You're suggesting that specific characters died because they received screen time. I have to disagree with this, they died because of certain events leading up to their death, for the most part. Let's not forget that a bunch of other people died throughout all the wars and conflicts that have been persistent throughout the history of Warcraft, so what about them? Clearly the crapload of people who died didn't receive much screentime, and we as players see them basically as cannon fodder. It only makes sense that the key people are highlighted with screentime, and they just so happen to have a really high mortality rate maybe because the world they live in is in constant chaos and destruction?
    "War has a way of wearing down the most weathered soldiers. For legendary Horde warrior Varok Saurfang, this one could very well be his last."

This is the blizzards youtube description of the video. I dont necessarily agree with the OP theory but characters who die usually are well presented in anything being sold like a movie or a game.

To the Hordes out there.

WE are ALL coming for YOU!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari View Post
    Yeah, when you limit your options to only things that you don't like, the outlook seems pretty bleak eh? Then again, stories only really work because you don't know how they end. Other storytelling mediums, however, benefit pretty heavily from the fact that you can't see literally about 1/10th of the entire narrative and then rush to MMOC to complain about the direction it's taking.
    Then please, elaborate to me, what could happen to Sylvannas? I want to like this story, I truly do, but I do not want a repeat of a storyline that we have seen before.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    someone need to make this animated gif fits for desktop background, like the batman arkham night one
    Got a link for it? Would love a new animated background..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mycon View Post
    Blizz FFS just do a whole movie with this animation!!

You know you can do it!!
    That would be the first film I ever bought as a collectors edition. Been wanting one since WC3.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you guys complain a lot. I enjoyed the cinematic. I like Saurfang as a character. It doesn't matter that I play Alliance. I'm still allowed to like and dislike characters from both factions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    The problem is when that complex group of people falls in line with monstrous people/agendas over and over again. You say the alliance only claims that they are monsters, but what is it that the Horde tends to show?
    The original Horde accepted the demon blood and became a massacring force rampaging across Azeroth.
    The new Horde accepted Garrosh's leadership, even when he became more and more monstrous, only rising up against them when he started to treat them badly as well.
    The new Horde accepts Sylvanas' leadership, even when she massacres civilians en masse.
    Heck, even the AU Horde just accepts Garrosh's and later Gul'Dan's influence and starts to attack the other races.

That is why in-universe and out, the talk about honour rings hollow to many. Saurfang exemplifies this. He talks big, but whenever push does start to shove, he caves in. Then he intervenes in a duel from behind, then complains that it was not honourable. Then he watches his leader give the order to burn civilians, then complains that it was not honourable. Talking about something lacking honour means nothing if it does not affect your actions at all.
    This does not just go for him, mind you. Baine talks big game too, but just goes along with whatever the current warchief tells him to do, maybe warning a few civilians here and there but never properly opposing them.
    The real issue is that the Horde characters that Blizzard does not write as evil only pay lip-service to their ideals. Vol'Jin, he actually lived what he preached. But he is gone now, leaving us with characters that are no monsters, but also do not stand up to the monsters and instead 'just follow orders'.
    Very well put imo.