Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Why wasn't saurfang executed as a traitor? He disobeyed a direct order to kill malfurion emorage.
    Because he still cemented the night elf leaders' surrender, preventing Tyrande from getting in the way. He managed to follow his code of honor and still win. Perhaps not as easy a road to take, but an important one with what's going on.

It was such perfect timing releasing this now, when every horde player (who's not a sociopath/enjoys roleplaying a villain...) is not exactly feeling patriotic or wanting to defend the Undercity of all places.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Of cause he is going to die, if this was Star Trek he would be the unknown Ensign red-shirt on the away-team. Saurfang is probably going to find his corpse to and have a bit of a cry about it.
    The only way I could see that happening is if Thrall comes back. Otherwise the Orcs are once again leaderless.

I find Saurfang becoming the next Warchief much more likely. Even his guilt over outliving everyone seems to be somewhat resolved at the end of this cinematic. He feels responsible to be a symbol for the younger people. That is his new goal instead of dying. What better way than becoming Warchief and showing what honour means?

Without another Orc to take Saurfang's place I don't see him dying. Only Thrall could fill that role now and given Metzen's situation it's still unknown.

Edit: I thought it was about Saurfang dying. My mistake. Troll guy dying is possible. But I also think it's unlikely now that the Trolls need a new hero with Vol'jin gone.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2018-08-03 at 03:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i hate how this was suppose to be a suprise in bfa and bceause of the fake outrage they prolly released it early,
    How would this have been a surprise any later in than it is? The seige on Undercity is Tuesday, and this takes place before that.

They have been saying, LITERALLY for weeks, that people need to stop judging everything on the little snippets they have received and let the story unfold before casting judgement. Well... there you go. It's starting to unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Zappyboy is one courageous troll, I love it. They better not kill him anytime soon, the Horde need fresh blood so badly!
    It is confirmed he's not the guy that died in the trailer, so that's good.

(Also I'm still trying to get used to these high res troll faces. It be starin' into my soul, mon)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The only way I could see that happening is if Thrall comes back. Otherwise the Orcs are once again leaderless.

I find Saurfang becoming the next Warchief much more likely. Even his guilt over outliving everyone seems to be somewhat resolved at the end of this cinematic. He feels responsible to be a symbol for the younger people. That is his new goal instead of dying. What better way than becoming Warchief and showing what honour means?

Without another Orc to take Saurfang's place I don't see him dying. Only Thrall could fill that role now and given Metzen's situation it's still unknown.

Edit: I thought it was about Saurfang dying. My mistake. Troll guy dying is possible. But I also think it's unlikely now that the Trolls need a new hero with Vol'jin gone.
    Nazgrim will be an okay-ish candidate for Orc leader. So long as he doesn't challenge the Warchief

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Why wasn't saurfang executed as a traitor? He disobeyed a direct order to kill malfurion emorage.
    Because if Sylvanas killed one of the Horde’s greatest heroes for such a bullshit reason, the orcs would lop her head off and play catch with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    That’s not how that works. Yes he was corrupted but he still killed all those people. He still remembers every minute of it (which he’s said before). He did that, nobody else. Corrupted or not, he drove his axe into innocent human children, women and men. That’s how he views it (which he’s also said before).

His flaws are the “honor” thing man. He believes in honor to a fault. Very similar to nazgrim who believed in honor so much he followed Garrosh until the very end. Only difference is Saurfang doesn’t want to follow someone like that but he does want to maintain honor. That’s why you hear him talk a lot about honor, he loves it and cherishes it but doesn’t know where and when to draw that line.

Another new flaw we just got was during the burning of teldrassil as you said.

You need to pay a bit more attention man. Replace all his lines with spam about honor and you’d get Nazgrim. What we have here is very different.
    But he survived a lot of wars (I mean... A LOT!!). He is not Nazgrim, he is the High Ovelords of the Horde, not just Orcs.
    If he sees something that don't like about Sylvanas warfare, why not just mak'gora her out, make a war council, talk with other racial leaders, or just talk with the warchief and do something? I mean...like you said, he is not Nazgrim, his duty is for all the Horde, not just an orc's military branch.

Like I said, a young troll knows better his duty than the High Overlord of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    is that zappy boi?
    Yes it is Zappyboi <3

Quote Originally Posted by Idyllsend View Post
    Yes it is Zappyboi <3
    now he needs an NPC model.
    also i am waiting on Taliesin video for this. Since he is a crazy zappy boi fan.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

By the way, notice the detail when Saurfang places his hand on Zappyboi's chest, look at his hand's hair.

Before I watch or read anything... Is this in the game or quests this upcoming week? I'd rather see it in game if it's there...

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Before I watch or read anything... Is this in the game or quests this upcoming week? I'd rather see it in game if it's there...
    It's not. That's the point of this cinematic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Don't diss this style just because this is the first time we've seen it in-game, I love the "motion comic" look.
    good for you! now go back to your asian and other mmos and lets make blizzard only cinematics (and a wow movie *dream*) in this style!

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Saurfang let himself get captured if you properly read the in game events.

The event was only successful in getting the horde to leave the continent but they're not reclaiming it for themselves, so essentially still a failure.
    The war table actually shows that the Alliance controls Tirisfal, a good chunk of the Plaguelands, (possibly) Gilneas and has reclaimed Stromgarde. While the Horde is bogged down with guerilla warfare in both Darkshore and Ashenvale, Alliance are attacking the Barrens in earnest and even make incursions in Durotar.

Yes, this stuff should be found in the game, not on a text line in the facebook side-activity. But the Alliance is actually doing quite well in the war proper, the thing is said war takes a complete backseat to the events in Zandalar/KT once the opening scenarios are over.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Hope there's an alliance equivalent, presumably about anduin or Genn, at least to make it fair
    Nah I think it's fine without, after all they gave Anduin a whole book right?

Honestly I was questioning wtf Blizzard was doing, but this pretty much gave me what I needed to trust them that we can expect something nuanced and great. Going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    Nah I think it's fine without, after all they gave Anduin a whole book right?
    You mean the book that also focused on Sylvannas?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

For people worried about the fate of our beloved Zappyboi:
    Watch the BFA cinematic again. Zappyboi is the troll that wrecks people after the "For the Horde!", but the is not the troll that Anduin smashes. That one has grey hair and a different armor. In fact, Zappyboi can be seen again right after the "For the Alliance!".

Art by draken4o

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    You mean the book that also focused on Sylvannas?
    I would agree that she had a focus however, I would counter point that about 2/3 of that book was Anduin. By the way I understand this is about fairness so I guess I'll mention that Genn could be alright but let's get our 1 dimensional poster people (Anduin and Sylvanas) out of the way. They are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And why he did that? for what reasons? taking account all his life, his struggles, his losses, and then teldrassil happen, can you blame someone for doing what he did? other in his place would jump from a cliff, cu their own throats or become insane, we cant just reduce the whole thing to "he is just suicidal letthe coward die" like many are doing

i don't think was little light rom that distance rly make any difference, the alliance could think it was a trap/bait
    Yeah, I can. Suicide is the ultimate defeat. The details are irrelevant, suicide is suicide. Dying cause you want to die. And besides this wasn't sacrifice or acceptance, it was plain suicide. Sorry but I can't sympathize with anyone who goes down that road.

Unless fire burns less bright in Azeroth, there was plenty of light to give at least one kind of weapon a shot. And bait? Seriously? To what? Attack?