10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    The only legit "Evil" thing she did was plague bomb her soldiers but then again gas masks were offered, so cant be mad people didnt take one" but other than that, I disagree with you. Shes actually more understanding than people give her credit for. And if you wanna get all abstract, Slyvanas is an undead that thinks life itself is the problem, so ending life is the only logical decision.

I liken it to how in America we love our dogs to pieces, and in other area(s) that shall remain nameless, dogs are skinned alive and eaten, we would consider that act evil here and yet there... not so much
    Comparing Sentient beings like Night Elves to well dogs is just stupid and clearly you seem to be ok with mass killing of innocent life >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    "i don't believe hitler is evil, his standards just deviate from the rest of society's!" ebin :------------------------D

sometimes people are evil and irredeemable. burning alive innocent people, men, women, and children, is objectively evil. it doesn't matter why sylvanas did it, whether it was intended as a genocide or not, it is an evil act.
    Comparing her to Hitler is a massive stretch and technically Nathanos burned the tree, but I digress. Her mental state and her actions conflict anyway and thats due to bad writing.

If she is in fact as evil as you say, why do so many still follow her? Pledge loyalty to her and the horde as well as bring in brand new allies. Your view is not universal

Comparing her to Hitler is a massive stretch and technically Nathanos burned the tree, but I digress. Her mental state and her actions conflict anyway and thats due to bad writing.

If she is in fact as evil as you say, why do so many still follow her? Pledge loyalty to her and the horde as well as bring in brand new allies. Your view is not universal
    i'm not comparing her to hitler, i'm mocking the idea that morals and standards are subjective. they're not, they're objective. burning people alive is objectively evil.

well when I did they quest I was offered a gas mask... so shes to blame because they didnt get their masks first?
    she ordered the plague attack while there are troops of the Horde on the front

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm not comparing her to hitler, i'm mocking the idea that morals and standards are subjective. they're not, they're objective. burning people alive is objectively evil.
    Yes, you are, and yes, they are. Objective morals do not exist. Morals are not a natural part of the world, they're a human construct that is inherently subjective and constantly changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblider View Post
    I just realized the xpac is just 10 days from live. I'm starting to feel the hype
    Those days are gonna be soo long

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, you are, and yes, they are. Objective morals do not exist. Morals are not a natural part of the world, they're a human construct that is inherently subjective and constantly changing.
    source?

i mean you mostly hear this argument from people who want to like.... racists who want to say the confederacy wasnt racist or something

everytime i hear it.

you are confusing "normalized" with "objective"

evil is normalized. its still evil

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe confusing morality and justice.

killing a person is wrong. if you are forced to decide between killing a child and killing an adult, killing the adult is the Right choice, but it is still Immoral.

example
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I took that reply rather as a sarcastic remark about Nobbel's "celebrity" status, thus getting stuff earlier than "us regular people".
    Welp, guess I got "Poe's Law"ed

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Those days are gonna be soo long
    You should only ever count workdays.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    source?

i mean you mostly hear this argument from people who want to like.... racists who want to say the confederacy wasnt racist or something

everytime i hear it.

you are confusing "normalized" with "objective"

evil is normalized. its still evil

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe confusing morality and justice.

killing a person is wrong. if you are forced to decide between killing a child and killing an adult, killing the adult is the Right choice, but it is still Immoral.

example
    The fact different cultures have different morals suggests they are not objective. We think killing babies is wrong, Sparta didn't.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    The fact different cultures have different morals suggests they are not objective. We think killing babies is wrong, Sparta didn't.
    You don't even need to go that far. Morals just 20 years back were different than today. Start of 20th century racism was basically considered correct.
    If morals were objective, the whole feminist movement would be completely pointless. As would be demonstrating for LGBT+ rights.

A confederate wouldn't have claimed not to be racist. He would have been proud of it.

For that matter, grab any two people, and they probably have different moral viewpoints, even if only in minor details. Morals are entirely subjective.

Bit of a noob question, couldn't find anything exactly on forums.

What is the actual criteria for world quests to be unlocked? On beta atm, i'm 120 with all reps friendly and nothing has appeared.

Do i need to complete each zones storyline fully?

Quote Originally Posted by youlauzt View Post
    Bit of a noob question, couldn't find anything exactly on forums.

What is the actual criteria for world quests to be unlocked? On beta atm, i'm 120 with all reps friendly and nothing has appeared.

Do i need to complete each zones storyline fully?
    You need to do a bit of the War Campaign, that'll eventually lead to a quest that asks you to get friendly with everyone, and then gives you the whistle and WQs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    sylvanas killed the soldiers of the horde and raise them as undead that is betraying the horde
    no its not. these soldiers were traitors in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ….excuse me...what?!?? how were they traitors, exactly? because they were fighting for the horde in the front line?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    so that fighting in the front line makes them traitors? you do not know what you are talking about

5+ Year Old Account
    Fummo is prob mixing it up with the forsaken/human meeting that happened in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You need to do a bit of the War Campaign, that'll eventually lead to a quest that asks you to get friendly with everyone, and then gives you the whistle and WQs.
    Says i need to increase my rep with honorbound.

https://i.imgur.com/YMZYXhN.jpg

Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we are going to do another thing where the two factions team up this time to stop Sylvanas...
    Like that wasn't done before...*Cough*Mists of Pandaria*Cough*

For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I wonder if we are going to do another thing where the two factions team up this time to stop Sylvanas...
    Like that wasn't done before...*Cough*Mists of Pandaria*Cough*
    I'd be very surprised if that happened considering this expansion is all about the two factions fighting each other. Then again, there are a ton of old god hints that could force us to call a truce. That would be boring to me, though. I personally think Sylvanas might be separated from the Horde or at least relinquish her position as warchief, but also serve a purpose in the near future. Her commanding the undead is a huge advantage over the void/old gods.