Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If Brill was not evacuated in time, something really weird is going on.
    Tbh the same is true for Darnassus; why was it not evacuated by the time Sylvanas decided to blow it up?
    Because they were holding the line halfway down Darkshore and Stormwind was on its way until Saurfang suddenly broke through and pushed into Lor'danel, at which point they began evacuating. It'd be like evacuating Stormwind because the Horde showed up in Darkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    As someone who has never played a Forsaken past the first 3 quests for whatever reason, does Brill even have a civilian presence? I assumed it was all just Forsaken willing to die to fight for Sylvanas.
    There are innkeepers and vendors and stuff, but it's also the city where the Blight was first being developed and tested against captured living people.

Would it be a surprise though? After Teldrassil and everything before that(ie Theramore, Gilneas, Southshore), it wouldn't come as a surprise if they make broth for their hounds' soup out of the Forsaken they find. There's only so much a side can take and keep themselves restrained.

Tbh the same is true for Darnassus; why was it not evacuated by the time Sylvanas decided to blow it up?
    Apparently a lot of it was being evacuated Stormwind, that is why Tyrande just kind of vanishes in-game, but she was leading the refugees for moral as per the novella. Not everyone could make it out, but a lot did, She knew Teldrassil would fall, she didn't think the horde would murder everyone inside and burn the tree though.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2018-08-04 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because they were holding the line halfway down Darkshore and Stormwind was on its way until Saurfang suddenly broke through and pushed into Lor'danel, at which point they began evacuating. It'd be like evacuating Stormwind because the Horde showed up in Darkshire.

There are innkeepers and vendors and stuff, but it's also the city where the Blight was first being developed and tested against captured living people.
    Would it really be an evil thing to do then? It seems like a genuine military target where they can't even really kill innocents if they tried.

The thing is, in the short story we see that Tyrande was already planning the evacuation BEFORE Saurfang crossed to Darkshore. But I guess it can be simple logistics; you cannot exactly move people that fast by portal.
    That was very out of character for her. Should've been fighting the Horde, while leaving the evacuation to her priestesses alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Regardless, why have we not seen what happens if not for Blizzard hiding something there?
    Hope you will not end up like the "spoilers/speculation" channel leaders that been jumping up and down pointing fingers at the devs for not progressing the story the way they convinced themselves it should.

But for the sake of this thread i dont see how Goldshire would survive unscathed a full siege of stormwind, how kharanos would survive unscathed a siege of ironforge or in the same fashion how brill would survive a fully fledged lordaeron siege. Unless they kill off the 50 habitats of it to take revenge on the nelfs that died during the darnassus melt down op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    The Alliance isn't murdering civilians dude, sorry.

They were talking about the Horde as a faction were morally grey, not the entire storyline.
    I don't trust a faction with Genn on their side to not kill civilians. If anything he can just claim that these civilians are shooting at them and rake their throats out of vengeful rage, i mean, it kinda fits his character
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    he can just claim that these civilians are shooting at them and rake their throats out of vengeful rage, i mean, it kinda fits his character
    Any examples?

Who cares? These people are already dead anyway. They're doing them a favor.
    It's not that there are any civilans or kids there. It's just dead war mongering zombies

He said Azeroth is morally grey. And that both factions would have tension.

And that still isn’t relevant to my point about imo there being a 99% chance we get a cinematic of whatever happens

Here’s one interview about how Anduin is not attacking out of justice http://www.wowhead.com/news=283418/p...erview-roundup

“Nor will Anduin's Lordaeron's attacks be done for justice. Frankly, it is meant to show the king's dignity. The head of the state does not represent the camp.”
    Yes that is also the interview with the most controversial quotes that people have been obsessing about and whose claims have yet to be shown in the game at any point whatsoever. Lordaeron is only attacked because of Teldrassil. That is why the Alliance is there. There is no comments about, "Oh nobody else but Genn and Anduin wants this" or anything of the sort from any character anywhere.

If you replace "Anduin" and "Lordaeron" with "Sylvanas" and "Teldrassil," it actually makes way more sense considering that's the actual storyline they're going with. That Teldrassil burning down was about Sylvanas and Sylvanas alone, with others in the Horde leadership disagreeing and finding her actions abhorrent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because no one expected that sylvanas has magical catapults with unlimited range that fire teldrassil-burning rounds that never used or mentioned ever before and probably won't be ever used or mentioned again sorry, it's probably Basilisk Artillery Guns she was using off screen, makes sense now
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That was very out of character for her. Should've been fighting the Horde, while leaving the evacuation to her priestesses alone.
    Tyrande has always first and foremost cared for her people, it was just a matter of time before the night elves lost since they were against the entire horde by themselves. She probably should have been fighting a little, but her evacuating and helping the refugees of her people is more important to her. Just like the priestesses of the moon staying behind to try help the night elves still left in darnassus.

I don't trust a faction with Genn on their side to not kill civilians. If anything he can just claim that these civilians are shooting at them and rake their throats out of vengeful rage, i mean, it kinda fits his character
    i think Rogers might be teh better example to use... she actively mowed down drowning orcs who were fleeing because she didn't like them.

#MorallyGreymane. That's why we love 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    SI:7 and the Druids of the Claw are actively targeting and slaughtering civillians trying to evacuate in the Battle for Lordaeron. Sorry, the Alliance doesn't get to see it, but they ARE murdering civillians.
    Except that they aren't. Did you watch the event in Undercity? The spies aren't killing anybody, and the Druids of the Claw are exclusively fighting the Royal Dreadguards. And its only because Saurfang and the Dreadguards discovered that they were all over the Undercity. If they wanted to be randomly murdering civilians there was plenty of time for them to do so, especially as spies and druids who can stealth. Have a look.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-08-04 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualNoob View Post
    Any examples?
    he left lorderon citizens fight the scourge alone and hid behind the gates, he doesn't make a figure that would care about civilians on enemy side. I don't have any evidence, but it fits his character of enemy being the enemy and there is no civilians at war

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    #MorallyGreymane. That's why we love 'em.
    Sure, i'm not saying that it's bad for story or something, but i would expect something like this from him

Why, when did Genn kill civilians?
    i think that poster is more suggesting it's not that out of place for genn to disregard what rules exist so he can get his vengeance.

and outside of before the storms brief bit on the subject, he never seems to really identify forsaken as anything more than monstrous beings to be put down.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s not grasping at straws, it’s looking at Blizzard’s statements as well as what we know and don’t know of 8.0’s story.

There are supposed to be shades of grey for both factions. That includes Alliance.

We know the majority of 8.0’s story. And of what we know there is no moral greyness on the Alliance. It’s all white. (A lot of this is due to very little faction conflict).

There is basically only one thing we don’t know: how did the initial amphibious invasion of Lordaeron happen? That’s just about it in terms of unknowns. That’s the only location for the unexpected to happen. And it just so happens Brill is destroyed. So if there’s any kind of moral greyness in 8.0 for the Alliance, it’s there. That’s it.
    If you want to see Alliance "morally gray" moment - you will have to wait quite a bit longer than Battle of Lordaeron, simply because Battle of Lordaeron is a result of war started by Sylvanas and further fueled by coal energy, as mentioned by Saurfang.

Whatever Alliance does in Lordaeron will be seen as righteous retribution, especially due to how Battle for Lordaeron will unfold.

Heck Battle for Lordaeron will be another low for Sylvanas on various fronts.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-08-04 at 08:25 AM.

Show me evidence of the Alliance or Genn himself killing civilians. I have no idea why people still think Genn would randomly go murder a bunch of Forsaken civilians, ESPECIALLY after his softening toward them in Before the Storm. Genn hates Sylvanas and the Forsaken as a faction, but he's never shown any glee in murdering shop keepers or random citizens. I can't tell if this is just projection over Sylvanas' own actions or people just not actually understanding Genn's hatred.

he left lorderon citizens fight the scourge alone and hid behind the gates, he doesn't make a figure that would care about civilians on enemy side. I don't have any evidence, but it fits his character of enemy being the enemy and there is no civilians at war
    events prior to cataclysm concerning Greymane have clearly been forgotten since he's been turned into a loyal lapdog no longer trying to gain land and titles from his so called allies by any means available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Show me evidence of the Alliance or Genn himself killing civilians. I have no idea why people still think Genn would randomly go murder a bunch of Forsaken civilians, ESPECIALLY after his softening toward them in Before the Storm. Genn hates Sylvanas and the Forsaken as a faction, but he's never shown any glee in murdering shop keepers or random citizens. I can't tell if this is just projection over Sylvanas' own actions or people just not actually understanding Genn's hatred.
    for the alliance... purge of dalaran. those shopkeepers weren't exactly horde combatants when you go in and mow them down.