Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They could have gone a bit more ham on the rewards (prepatch is usually a good time to do that :>) and I would have really liked for them to give us a big warmode introduction event, but yeah definetely one of the better prepatches.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I found it was so-so. I didn't have high expectations for it so it's fine overall. The storytelling part of WoW has always been weak for me, I play the game mostly just for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Yeah, I got my freshly boosted void elf warrior to 216 in literally a few evenings.
    Regarding the story - probably as well, I'm mostly Alliance after all.
    Off topic, but thank you so much for that thread in your signature, I really enjoyed that.

although i think this pre patch is not all that bad, it can't even begin to be compared to what Legion pre-patch offered.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Story aside the gameplay has been good, my only cons would be the armour rewards should've been unique and also reward accessories
    I don't mind the look as I think they removed the ability to get them from Garrisons? I can't remember.

I agree on the accessories but I think they did that because with no more than 5 WQ's per day it may have just bloated things too much and you wouldn't have gotten as good of a churn.

I don't think it's bad, or good really. For me it's just a questline with some story in it, that's already retconned (novelas don't like up with the in-game story). The WQs don't have much of a purpose for my characters, and there's not really anything to farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I don't mind the look as I think they removed the ability to get them from Garrisons? I can't remember.

I agree on the accessories but I think they did that because with no more than 5 WQ's per day it may have just bloated things too much and you wouldn't have gotten as good of a churn.
    No these armour sets or the same sets you get for using a boost. The garrison armour is completely different and arguably better. They're not even a recolour

Deleted
    I think the quest experience was pretty solid - beats the Cata, MOP and WOD ones.

Wasn't a fan of the timegating or how misleading the Sylvanas warbringer was thanks to what I can only hope was poor execution and not intentional.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lore hyped me so much
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

I think people have been absolute hypocrites calling the Legion pre-patch the best one ever, while at the same time bashing world quests and Legion zone invasions in Legion. This pre-patch has been allright and definitely had the most story so far even if it hasn't been perfect. Myself I still hold the WotLK pre-patch as the best one, but that's mostly because it was special compared to what we had at that time.

Direction of the story is fine.

What is not okay is a half-assed event that you have to read books to get the full picture of what occurred.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best prepatch was still WotLK one.
    Truly different breaking up the routine, the world going nuts.

This one is okay but in all honesty, I expect more story and way better reasoning for big events like the destruction of an entire races starting zones and capital (let alone the home of my priestess!). :<

People saying its 'the worst thing since sliced hitler' are objectively wrong.

Overall the pre-patch was pretty meh. Not bad. Not good. It didn't introduce anything (besides free mount) that made me go 'THIS. This is what I want to log in and play for hours for'; But it didn't do anything so bad that it made me want to quit the game, either.

The questline was cool but perhaps a bit short. The timegating sucks. The rewards not being unique transmog is actually a good thing in the long run as I don't think more unobtainable items is what the game needs. If nothing else, I actually enjoyed them putting character boost item models to a good use. Those sets look wonderful, and I was always sad they've been relegated to a glorified pay-to-win feature.

The story . . . ; If we take the pre-patch on its own merit, it was really bad. But as a tie-in to a much larger story it -could- be tolerable. I'll reserve judgment until the expansion is at least in 8.1 or 8.2 for whether it paid off. So far though -- they got a lot riding on it 'paying off'. And it'll feel really disappointing if it devolves into another set of bland cliches that resolve nothing.

I think the biggest problem with the pre patch is that it didn't add anything to justify a monthly sub fee to the game that has a monthly sub fee. You can be done in 20 mins with everything the patch brought with it and then you're left with 30 days of 'nothing new'. It's a genius business decision but a bit dickish to the playerbase. Though, eh ... It's par of the course of sub-fee games. Being mad about it now is 14 years too late.

No these armour sets or the same sets you get for using a boost. The garrison armour is completely different and arguably better. They're not even a recolour
    You got the same boost set from salvage crates. Shh.

The story I couldn't care much for one way or the other, (Blizzard's writing has always struck me as "saturday morning cartoon for older kids" level, even the so-called "great" stuff, like the original Starcraft) but the actual content is pretty good. The best there has been in a good long while. Though not as useful as Legion's pre-patch event, the actual content is a lot more interesting.

Which, TBH, isn't as MUCH praise for the pre-patch, as it is condemning how shitty most of the pre-patch events have been for the last few expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    People saying its 'the worst thing since sliced hitler' are objectively wrong.

Overall the pre-patch was pretty meh. Not bad. Not good. It didn't introduce anything (besides free mount) that made me go 'THIS. This is what I want to log in and play for hours for'; But it didn't do anything so bad that it made me want to quit the game, either.

The questline was cool but perhaps a bit short. The timegating sucks. The rewards not being unique transmog is actually a good thing in the long run as I don't think more unobtainable items is what the game needs. If nothing else, I actually enjoyed them putting character boost item models to a good use. Those sets look wonderful, and I was always sad they've been relegated to a glorified pay-to-win feature.

The story . . . ; If we take the pre-patch on its own merit, it was really bad. But as a tie-in to a much larger story it -could- be tolerable. I'll reserve judgment until the expansion is at least in 8.1 or 8.2 for whether it paid off. So far though -- they got a lot riding on it 'paying off'. And it'll feel really disappointing if it devolves into another set of bland cliches that resolve nothing.

I think the biggest problem with the pre patch is because it didn't add anything to justify a monthly sub fee to the game that has a monthly sub fee. You can be done in 20 mins with everything the patch brought with it and then you're left with 30 days of 'nothing new'. It's a genius business decision but a bit dickish to the playerbase. Though, eh ... It's par of the course of sub-fee games. Being mad about it now is 14 years too late.
    You know it's not done yet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You know it's not done yet, right?
    Okay. Add 20 more minutes of lordaeron story and 4 more WQs wherever they decide to put them. That really doesn't sway my opinion one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Story aside the gameplay has been good, my only cons would be the armour rewards should've been unique and also reward accessories
    I agree. They should've used some unique mog that hasnt been available to players before (Like a recolor, at the least), like the Legion Invasion gear was just a recolored version of the crafted WoD gear, and the weapons were old weapons that hadn't been available before.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Okay. Add 20 more minutes of lordaeron story and 4 more WQs wherever they decide to put them. That really doesn't sway my opinion one way or the other.
    And that's probably better than every other prepatch.

Hour of story, and catchup gear. That's all prepatches were ever about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I agree. They should've used some unique mog that hasnt been available to players before (Like a recolor, at the least), like the Legion Invasion gear was just a recolored version of the crafted WoD gear, and the weapons were old weapons that hadn't been available before.
    Instead of weapons, you got a mount

From my perspective its not been great. Generally the only thing I care about is the raid, and Antorus was awful for the first week. Ive already done the story events multiple times on beta so they dont matter to me, and there isnt really anything else to do.