Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    take her lol, o her puppet boyfriend, not Rexxar
    You misunderstood me, I was agreeing with what you said, that it's bullshit speculation. Look here to see what I mean:

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It's time to accept a truth here.

Sylvanas probably doesn't burn the tree. The people who want it to be Sylvanas burning the tree seem to want a cast iron example of how irredeemably evil she is, that is their sole motive.
    I was trying to say Sylvanas fanbois are pretty bitter right now and hope that Alliance does something irredeemably evil as well.

Because: Sylvanas DID IN FACT burn the tree, as we know now.

The Horde for sure wouldn't get over what just happened right away, we know in the beta they are starting to have a bit more of a divide amongst themselves with whether to be confident in Sylvanas as Warchief or not.

I think that if you think the boy king will execute Saurfang, you haven’t been paying attention. Zero percent chance he’d do something like that. A son without a father and a father without a son.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    I guess the Americans didn't get the memo when they went to Japan
    I mean the Americans dropped nukes to try and avoid Genocide.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt he'll be executed as it'll be too anti-climatic for the story they are setting up for him. Maybe in an edgy indi-movie this would happen, but not in a Warcraft game.

If he dies, which is totally possible, he will be going out doing some bad ass shit that saves the Horde. Remember, this dude is Broxigar's brother, he's not going out in a bitch ass way like being stabbed by an disgruntled Alliance.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Right. But that would never happen cause the Alliance does no evil.
    and when they do they are excomunicated from the alliance and partitioned off as some separate group so as not to sully the dignity of the alliance.

Or...

they just get forgotten about because no one paid attention to the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    It's one of the immediate possible outcomes for the guy.

1. He becomes warchief, somehow, at the end of Battle.
    2. He dies a warrior's death in an epic manner.
    3. The Alliance, for some reason, decides to execute him and enrage masses of the Horde.

Considering Anduin is around, I find it unlikely that he'd get executed, unless someone decides to work around Anduin and do it swiftly and / or secretly, thus also causing turmoil in the Alliance due to a leader or commander working against Anduin's wishes, since he doesn't seem like he wants Saurfang to die.

Wouldn't personally mind Saurfang as warchief all that much but thinking the heroic death is the more likely option.

Just makes Battle much more exciting 'cause I wanna know so badly! ^_^
    Probably agree with you, but there are plenty of people in positions of power similar to Anduin's in the Alliance. Tyrande and Jaina could both easily order such an execution. Anduin might get pissed, but they could still easily do it without his permission.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Probably agree with you, but there are plenty of people in positions of power similar to Anduin's in the Alliance. Tyrande and Jaina could both easily order such an execution. Anduin might get pissed, but they could still easily do it without his permission.
    They probably do have the power but when Saurfang's in the Stormwind Stockades, I'd say it should only be the local ruler who gets to decide what to do with his prisoner.

Can't say I know the specifics of the laws for the Alliance but that's how it'd make the most sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    If Saurfang is held in the Stockade, neither Tyrande nor Jaina have the authority to have him executed. Maybe Genn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I'm really getting tired of all the horde leaders dying or turning evil.
    There's one simple way around this: bring back a former warcheif. You can't complain if they brought thrall or Vol'jin back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alliance simply can't. He would humor them and pretend to be dead.

Saurfang's character arc is that he is the Orc that never dies. His cinematic emphasized this with "live another day". The way they keep reminding the player of it over and over lately suggests he will die this xpac. The expecation is Geya'rah is the next warchief. Geya'rah is AU-Durotan and AU-Draka's daughter. Basically she is the female Thrall. It seems incredibly obvious that's where they are going.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Imagine how fast the anti-Sylvanas QQ brigade would backtrack
    Alliance would be all "we have a right to kill him out of revenge" and the Horde would just have lost another leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    They probably do have the power but when Saurfang's in the Stormwind Stockades, I'd say it should only be the local ruler who gets to decide what to do with his prisoner.

Can't say I know the specifics of the laws for the Alliance but that's how it'd make the most sense to me.
    I could be wrong, but I doubt that Jaina or Tyrande would put him in the stockade if they captured him, Anduin probably would, but the other two would probably opt for a battlefield execution.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tyrande only just spared him.
    From the Alliance perspective. But the Horde player present at that exchange wasn't being held captive by evil Sylvanas powers, so it could be interpreted by the Horde, since she was kinda outnumbered, he spared her.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    There's no reason for him to be executed. He is literally the only orc that Varian even respected. And that was something he obviously told Anduin.

- - - Updated - - -

If he gets 'executed' I expect it to be by a forsaken agent to lie and claim Alliance did it to maintain what little hold Sylvannas still has over the horde.
    Hoping we horde players get to be that forsaken agent in an amazing PvP/PvE quest to kill saurfang the traitor

Quote Originally Posted by Montanahax View Post
    Hoping we horde players get to be that forsaken agent in an amazing PvP/PvE quest to kill saurfang the traitor
    Nah, but you'll get to be that orc agent who joins Saurfang's revolution and takes down the evil Lich Queen

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Nah, but you'll get to be that orc agent who joins Saurfang's revolution and takes down the evil Lich Queen
    I don't think we are getting a SoO 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    From the short story's perspective, which in the end seems to be what is canon, she had him completely at her mercy.
    Well considering he's suicidal, I'd agree. but since the Horde player is there I'd say she didn't completely have him at his mercy. I know it's staining the Alliance pride thing you have going on, but let's not disregard the Horde player in this story. Besides, what was she gonna do? Shoot him with arrows? I didn't get the impression he minded in the Undercity Siege cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Montanahax View Post
    I don't think we are getting a SoO 2.0
    We're getting something like it. Sylvanas isn't gonna walk away scot free after all this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Well considering he's suicidal, I'd agree. but since the Horde player is there I'd say she didn't completely have him at his mercy. I know it's staining the Alliance pride thing you have going on, but let's not disregard the Horde player in this story. Besides, what was she gonna do? Shoot him with arrows? I didn't get the impression he minded in the Undercity Siege cinematic.
    I mean he was knee deep in the dirt until someone said the magic words FOR THE HORDE

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I appreciate the informative response.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, though. I knew he wasn't a shaman. The poster I was quoting wouldn't come out and say "Thrall" so I was being sarcastic when saying I didn't think Orgrim was a shaman.

I just believe Orgrim was the greatest Warchief. Thrall was good, but Thrall suits the Alliance more than the Horde with all his virtues and feelings. Meh. I know I'll get some hate for that, but idc.
    I'm not sure about that. Orgrim did try to purge the Horde of corruption to his credit, but he still failed in the end by relying too much on Gul'dan, such that when the Warlock deserted he was left unable to take Lordaeron, lost momentum and got driven all the way back to the Dark Portal. Arguably the Orcs suffered their greatest defeat with him at the helm, going from a conquering army that controlled much of the Eastern Kingdoms to scattered remnants lethargic in camps. Meanwhile, while Thrall had his fair share of failings even before the green jesus bullshit, he found the Horde in prison camps and left it a global power capable of projecting forces across continents or even other worlds, taking the time to save the planet in between. That's quite the impressive list of accomplishments.