Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    I'll answer your question with another question.
    How in the hell argus apearing in front of azeroth didn't destroyed our planet from sheer gravitational forces caused by a massive celestial body entering our gravitational space in mere seconds?
    If you come up with equations and laws of physics that explain it, I will fucking suck your dick (no homo).
    Speaking about that, how did Argus stay "shattered". I should become a ball of rock again, regardless of how much shatter Sargeras did. :thinking:

Deleted
    Greek fire. Also they were camouflaged trebuchets, which we all know can launch 90kg projectiles over 300 meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager that they use some form of weaponized Azerite. Onu already stated that it caused him pain, so it's easy to assume that Kal'dorei magics and Azerite don't mix well together.

As for the range: I'd guess micro portals would be the easiest thing to realize at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    This is the biggest plothole I've ever seen for WoW and its likely we will never have it answered unless theyre confronted about it at blizzcon during QnA.
    A bigger plothole than my Forsaken Warlock not slitting Malfurion throat when Saurfang wussed out?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    A bigger plothole than my Forsaken Warlock not slitting Malfurion throat when Saurfang wussed out?
    Because the characters being there wasn't canon. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Magic bruh. Magic fire, magicpults. In a world where we can pull planets through portals, kill ancient gods with tiny daggers, hop dimensions, and fly in space on rocket ships powered by faith, I think a burning tree is probably the least rant worthy thing you coulda picked.
    I agree with you, Mr. Lobosan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Because the characters being there wasn't canon. Duh.
    If it is not canon, it shouldn't be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    If it is not canon, it shouldn't be in the game.
    I agree. But then the only way people would have known is if it was in the book and people would have whined about that.

Because everything works like this in WoW. The setting operates on the Rule of Cool over everything else. WoW doesn't concern itself with consistent internal logic or meticulously planned lore, it just does whatever suits itself best at any given moment.

I really feel like a lot of the campaign itself could have been fixed - if not the story surrounding it - if they they introduced the Azerite War-Machine during the War of Thorns rather than in Lordaeron.

For one they could have made a display of power, shown just how strong Azerite really is without the need to shit on night elves by making their generals do shit that even internet-dwelling idiots arguing over video game stories can tell is retarded. They could have simply had the night elves overwhelmed by a siege engine the likes of which they had never seen before, have it blast through an Ancient of War just to really drive the point home.

It also would have solved the War-Machine's dumpster fire of an introduction at Lordaeron where it... kills less people than Sylvanas' blight even does and gets beat down by Anduin. I like Anduin, please hold your ree-ing, but if he's all it takes to break the Horde's newest toys then what chance do they really stand?

And lastly it would have solved this. It would probably have given away who burned down Teldrassil harder than the fire elemental WQ did, but then we wouldn't have to ask how orcs are building catapults that can apparently outclass modern weapons.

Deleted
    Well, the joke of the year would be if she had even more powerful magical help and we're going to see it in the Azshara warbringer cinematic. ^^

/s (Sarcasm, obviously, because then she'd have planned the burning from the beginning and we saw in her cinematic, she didn't.)

Otherwise I think it is actually something with the catapults being on ships, closer to the tree, and the fire was fueled by Azerite.

trying to rationalize something in a fantasy and magic based video game OMEGALUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Made a thread about this the night the video went live. Mods merged it with other topics
    I don't care if the horde is evil or if Sylvanas is literally Garrosh 2.0.
    My problem with the Warbringer episode is how they managed to burn the tree from the beach of Darkshore using catapults.
    The catapults they are using should not be able to launch anywhere near far enough to even hit teldrassil let alone ignite it.
    I know game isn't built within the scale of the lore (it's usually much smaller) but flying from the furthest point to the north west in Darkshore, to the base of the tree I estimate at nearly 6,500 feet. It's like double the distance these catapults should be able to strike.
    Canons/artillery would be able to reach this distance from the shore with little effort, but this display we are shown within the video is nothing short of pure fantasy!
    It's absolutely absurd and blizzard/the writers should be ashamed for ever considering such utter hogwash!
    Catapult fire can't melt world trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Doesn't dialoge from a goblin during the quest-chain indicate that they are practically jamming azerite into which-ever munnition they get their hands on?

Also: the tree is seeping with magic energies; i guess the azerite reacts violently when coming into contact with that magic.
    The thing is, Azerite projectiles have a distinctive blue trail. The siege engines used are just regular old demolishers lobbing regular old fire at a kilometers-distant target somehow.

The burning makes very little sense even in the context of Warcraft and lolmagic. But it's more dramatic to have the tree catch fire immediately than have Sylvanas and co. wait for the Goblins to fetch the Azerite and then wait hours for a tree of such humongous size to actually burn up.

Deleted
    The ships are like 500 meters away from the shore. The tree is super tiny

Magic, my dude.

This is Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    While we are here, try to figure how the heck all this siege towers appeared in Lordaeron, when the only way Storwind army would get there is by sea.
    Siege towers are typically built on the spot, either with materials brought along, or as (seen in the Warcraft games), with whatever forests is nearby.

Hell they'd be halfway there if there was a lumbermill nearby.

To put it simply :

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Even a fantasy world like Azeroth needs logic and rules if it wants to be taken seriously. The logic applied here can but don't have to be be identical to the logic applied in the real world. The only important thing is that the logic is consistent, meaning that e.g. you can apply the regular rules of gravity to a world and then dismiss them without giving a reason why.

This is a big problem with the BfA story in general, because the rules that Blizzard themselves sets for their world are ignored or changed.

Complaining about stuff like this has nothing to with "it is not realistic" but everything with "it makes no sense in this world"
    Group of mages altered the force those catapults had, they also made the fire extra hot, weakened the bark and made the combustion possible. There, i fixed it for you, and it wasnt even that hard with your "Logic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Magic, my dude.

This is Warcraft.
    Consistency is also important in fantasy, or else you would ask why this one can do this and why that one cant do that.