Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We have highborne in game already they are called Blood Elves.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Mok'Nathal is all but guaranteed with that shiny new Rexxar model. It's way too custom to just be used once - Blizzard doesn't do that kind of stuff for one offs lol.

The correct answer, now and forever, is ethereal. I need to be an ethereal mage.

I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    You mean night elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Highborne isn't necessarily as much as a race than the old Upper Caste within the Night elves.

Deleted
    Highborne are already playable!! Roll a Night Elf....say it's highborne!!!!!

If they ever decide to add a not "classic" humanoid race for both horde and alliance, I would rather get dryad/keeper for the Alliance. Naga for the horde seems reasonable. But I don't think they will ever put the ressources in such a challenge. It's not only about animations but almost everything (have fun with mounts for naga or any race without 2 legs to make it believable).

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They could add an entire new model and edit the skeleton for night elves and make sure theyre not alliance nightborne
    They could make them look like Dwarves or Ragnaros. That doesn't mean it would make any sense for them to do so.

What they could do is irrelevant as an argument here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Highborne isn't necessarily as much as a race than the old Upper Caste within the Night elves.
    It's essentially Night Elf nobility. It would be like rolling a Stormwind noble. At most, you should get different starter gear.

I really dislike reskins. It's just lazy and honestly adds nothing to the game. Things like the new troll race coming and nightborne are the type of changes I like to see because they are visually different in *structure* which for example, void elves and highborne would are not.

Go far, far away with any ideas of more playable elf "races". Please. Stay far away and don't come back.

Could we pls stop wasting AR slots on races that are marginally different from already existing races. Such things should improve og races' customisation and not dilute them or spread them thinly.

We already have HM cows and LF goats that could easily be implemented as extended customisation options for og cows and goats due to how you actually get moose antlers or become LF.

-- edit #1

Just think about Highborne, the only differences would be eye colours(?), hair styles, and tattoos. Would you rather have all of those added to usual nelves or as a separate race that, otherwise, is identical to nelves AND is in the same faction? I'd pick the former.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-08-05 at 09:45 AM.

Chance of high elf and Naga as allied race in 8.1.5 is very unlikely leaving aside that they may not be allied race at all. We have no information as when announced allied race will be added to game and chances are high they will be locked behind reputation-revered(as current allied race are locked behind reputation)

Draenei = Exiled Eredar. So you can already play an Eredar. If you mean the red ones ( they are just infused with fel like the orcs in hellfire dungeons , therefore crazy/ unplayable )
    As of High Elves...what's the difference between a Blood Elf and a High Elf? NONE. Arthas destroyed 80% of High Elven population in WC3, and the remaining called themselves Blood Elves in they're honor. It's the exact same RACE! Difference is eye color when they're using Fel. But I do belive you have a option to make them yellow, like a "normal" high elf have.
    Last edited by S R; 2018-08-05 at 09:39 AM.

Chris Metzen while not working for Blizzard anymore did say he wanted all seen in W3 to be playable this included Naga which was one of his top of the list. Do you want them and Highborne, (New Highborne using the Nightelf skeleton), as new allied unlockable races?
    Want them...yes. Get them Nope.

Believe me...i think highborne would be cool. But they fall into the same stuff as high elves. They are to cool so alliance is not getting them. They look to much like other races ( their excuse do not agree with it). And the 1 reason i do not want them...blizzard has given the alliance not 1 not 2 but 3 blue/purple races so far ( n elves, space goats and emo elves) so no way we are getting or want a 4th race. High elves also make more sense lore, look etc wise.
    And for people who asking why give them to the alliance....yeah the highborne are going to join a faction that just killed a shit ton of their people.

Naga: Nope...just nope. Models is to much work. Look at what is going to happen to kul tirans. There fat body's are so ugly. No armor is going to fit them right.

So in short: I think they would be cool. But to much problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Check this out fam

It's always funny for me seeing that image.

I imagine that Blizzard went from "We gonna give them a nice new models!" to "Fuck it... too much work, let's just recolor night elves and change their ears upside down".

(not mine images)

Chris Metzen while not working for Blizzard anymore did say he wanted all seen in W3 to be playable this included Naga which was one of his top of the list. Do you want them and Highborne, (New Highborne using the Nightelf skeleton), as new allied unlockable races?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

(not mine images)
    This is a fairly misleading picture. Both Nightborne are just modified default night elf models with thinner, bonier limbs and altered faces.

You can see that the player Nightborne models use the NPC as a base (note the shoulder silhouette shape, hand shape, thigh width, etc.) They just brought the faces closer to Night Elves. I would assume to more easily apply all the facial animations that squinty weird-forehead Nightborne weren't built for.

I'd much rather have them do something extraordinary for once and make, say, playable dryads/keepers and centaur.

15+ Year Old Account
    Speculation

in 8.2.5 we get playable green elves
    in 8.3.5 we get playable orange elves
    in 9.1.5 we get playable short elves
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Why would the Highborne ever be playable? They're just old NE and they look almost exactly like current NE.
    And they are already playable. Those Highborne who didn't seal themselves off in Suramar and become Nightborne, or accompanied Dath'Remar Sunstrider and become Blood/High Elves...they lived in exile in Dire Maul until they finally asked to be readmitted to Night Elf society in Cataclysm.

They were a small group who lived on the fringes of Night Elf society. And given recent events most that tiny group is likely now dead.