Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh wow, one Alliance character could get turned into a raid boss and you're talking about quitting over it. I would almost have sympathy if it didn't happen to my faction multiple times literally every expansion.
    What is your point? I didn't give a crap about Garrosh, so why should I have left the game when he became a raid boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    What is your point? I didn't give a crap about Garrosh, so why should I have left the game when he became a raid boss?
    Oh, it's much more than Garrosh friend. Again, literally every expansion multiple characters of ours, or characters that were formerly affiliated with the Horde become raid piñatas.

Please don't pretend it's some new horrible injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    you have supply of hope and patience ?
    As deep as water puddles on sahara.

Deleted
    Oh, it's much more than Garrosh friend. Again, literally every expansion multiple characters of ours, or characters that were formerly affiliated with the Horde become raid piñatas.

Please don't pretend it's some new horrible injustice.
    I never said that only Yrel received that treatment, nor that she was the first. I mentioned Yrel because she is my second favourite character, behind Turalyon. So, again, what is the point that you are trying to make?
    Last edited by mmoc724fed31b9; 2018-08-05 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Does "They'll fix it in 8.1" go for story as well, or does that only work for bad class design?

7+ Year Old Account
    i actually live in Sahara, so i understand more than you think.
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    I never said that only Yrel received that treatment, nor that she was the first. I mentioned Yrel because she is my favourite character. So, again, what is the point that you are trying to make?
    That it's intensely humorous that someone like you would lose faith and threaten to quit because it might happen to Yrel when it happens to us regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Does "They'll fix it in 8.1" go for story as well, or does that only work for bad class design?
    I believe that this was their main principle since 4.1.

Makes me wonder - will they cave under presure like they did with garry and do apologetic spoiler saying that in patch X this and that will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that this was their main principle since 4.1.

Makes me wonder - will they cave under presure like they did with garry and do apologetic spoiler saying that in patch X this and that will happen.
    I hope not. As much as I would like to own the "anti-Garrosh, pro-Sylvanas" crowd earlier than I otherwise would, it'd be a shame if Alliance players stepped off the ledge so early. The story might be a shitshow, but I'm curious to see if Alliance posters will become more deranged than the High Elf crowd if prodded enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    That it's intensely humorous that someone like you would lose faith and threaten to quit because it might happen to Yrel when it happens to us regularly.
    at this point we should have quit 3 expansions ago.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    I'm not forcing you to stay, am I? It's my choice, why do you even care?

Shocking news: We are not identical. We are different human beings. Some people don't want to keep playing a game which writers killed off in a nonsensical way their favourite character. Call me "weak", call me "pathetic"; I don't care. If Yrel becomes loot piñata, I am done. Especially after they cut off two of her main storylines in Warlords of Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Lightsworn The melodramatic takes like that one is exactly what I'm poking fun at. Well, that and seeing what Alliance players consider to be unacceptable.

Question for you, does Horde bias exist? We don't have to derail the thread, I just really want to measure the Yes/No against your posts here.

at this point we should have quit 3 expansions ago.
    Honestly, I can't believe I didn't stay gone after Cataclysm for gameplay reasons alone. At this point, I've spent so much time here that I'm locked in.

7+ Year Old Account
    [MENTION=1436129]

Honestly, I can't believe I didn't stay gone after Cataclysm for gameplay reasons alone. At this point, I've spent so much time here that I'm locked in.
    i didn't purchase this expansion yet, i'm waiting for youtube videos and forums posts to decide if yes/no, because i play the game for the lore only.

Deleted
    @Lightsworn The melodramatic takes like that one is exactly what I'm poking fun at. Well, that and seeing what Alliance players consider to be unacceptable.
    I don't really consider myself an Alliance player. I'm here just because of the Draenei and the Lightforged. Frankly, I don't care about Golden Boy and his Wolf Uncle. If the Draenei and Lightforged suddenly became Horde, I would change my faction in an instant.

Regardless of that, you should be aware that it's not only Alliance players who do this. How many Horde players immediately changed their faction, or just cancelled their subscription, when Warbringers: Sylvanas was released? Was that not an overreaction, was that not absurd, especially since a couple of days soon after that, the cinematic "Old Soldier" was released? You don't need to tell me, we both know the answers to these questions.

Question for you, does Horde bias exist?
    I don't care. What is certain is that there is Grommash bias. White-washed of countless atrocities while victims like Ner'zhul had to die, turned into an innocent victim in Battle for Azeroth, while the one who wanted to make him pay for his atrocities is painted as a ruthless villain, how would you call it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I think 13 years is enough, don't you? It's understandable that people are fed up.

Deleted
    Sorry, but if you ever in your life read a semi decent fantasy book (My favored is Raymond E. Feist and the Riftwar) you immediately realize how bloody pathetic is the storytelling in Warcraft...Not mediocre..just simply bad....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I think 13 years is enough, don't you? It's understandable that people are fed up.
    people are not fed up with batman, if there is a good story to tell, people will pay to enjoy it.

Unhappy

It's not that WoW storytelling is illogical and foolish.

Only that the game needs to feed off something perpetually and characters, however legitimate in their claims to remain untouched, are like delicacies to disgraceful writers when the hour calls for satiation.

Cry in Kael'thas

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Sorry, but if you ever in your life read a semi decent fantasy book (My favored is Raymond E. Feist and the Riftwar) you immediately realize how bloody pathetic is the storytelling in Warcraft...Not mediocre..just simply bad....
    warcraft was never A+ story telling, but enjoyable nonetheless

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    people are not fed up with batman, if there is a good story to tell, people will pay to enjoy it.
    My point is that WoW has never and will sadly will probably never have a good story.