Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah they think it isn't bad so it must be the case for everyone! Never mind the public perception when the game launches and people find out "Hey you'll start fresh, but many people that play this game...well they will be far far ahead of you. Don't pvp, you'll get fucking wrecked. HAVE FUN though!"
    I like how the big guy pulled out WoW as an example/comparison though despite the fact that game does a soft reset every 2 years.

You can tell putting him in charge of his own project was never a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I like how the big guy pulled out WoW as an example/comparison though despite the fact that game does a soft reset every 2 years.

You can tell putting him in charge of his own project was never a good idea.
    Not only WoW but Eve too. I'm sure he thinks his game will be in the league of any MMO or space sim or hell any game at all. Except you know those games actually launched and succuseful.

Not only WoW but Eve too. I'm sure he thinks his game will be in the league of any MMO or space sim or hell any game at all. Except you know those games actually launched and succuseful.
    To be honest I don't care how petty this sounds.

But while I don't want this game to actively fail. I'll be surprised if it does good with the state it's in. Imo this is a game that ruins the market/industry and is part of the Early Access issue that plagues a lot of other "games".

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...ec_p2w_matter/

The last bit...oh Chris, no...just no.
    I mean, yes. I agree with that last statement for most games. As long as I'm having fun, I'm winning, and what others are doing that have no effect on me don't matter 1 bit. There is not one game I have personally played where I have cared in the slightest how someone else has progressed faster than me.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I find if laughable that a few people are complaining about people buying ships when the game will be primarily focused on PvE, in this game you can make your own end game goals.
    People said the same thing about D3's Real Money Auction House. "Why do you care if others buy gear with real money, you can always find your own gear or use the in-game currency". Except that the gear drop were designed with the auction house in mind. That's how pay to win works.

But hey, its a good thing that Chris Roberts doesn't care about money right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Roberts
    Some people are worried that they will be disadvantaged when the game starts for ‘real’ compared to players that have stockpiled ships or UEC. This has been a debate on the forums since the project started, but this is not a concern for me as I know what the game will be and I know how we’re designing it.
    1. Sounds naive as hell.
    2. No, you don't know what the game will be. That's the entire problem that Star Citizen has had since forever. Can't even get the flight mechanics finalized because of it.

It baffles me how anybody can have faith in Chris after reading something like that and comparing it to the development history of Star Citizen and/or Freelancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy shit, they actually went there. The bottom of the barrel defense. I can't even right now.
    Well it is the excuse oft. employed in defense of pay2win mechanics in WoW and vehemently defended.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Well when you're that stupid enough to fall for such a money grab scheme then it's honestly your own fault. They've hyped themselves up so much that at this point it might be better that the game never comes out because it won't meet their expectations = /
    Maybe you should check this game DLCs :
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...Star_Conflict/

No idea why space games are so damn expensive.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Well when you're that stupid enough to fall for such a money grab scheme then it's honestly your own fault. They've hyped themselves up so much that at this point it might be better that the game never comes out because it won't meet their expectations = /
    Oh I haven't. Wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot barge pole personally but my point was that there are people actively saying shit like this is ok. This is why a good chunk of the Early Access stuff is a cesspit or barely finished wastebasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Well it is the excuse oft. employed in defense of pay2win mechanics in WoW and vehemently defended.
    Sure plenty of clueless people try that line with WoW but the difference is WoW has been out 14 odd years and Star Life here has not even launched yet already heavy into P2W territory.

So what are people's worries about "being behind?" I bought a fairly basic package (Origin 315p) and probably won't be playing very often, will parts of the game be inaccessible to me because wealthier or more dedicated players will effectively monopolise them?

Sure plenty of clueless people try that line with WoW but the difference is WoW has been out 14 odd years and Star Life here has not even launched yet already heavy into P2W territory.
    Oh I know. I just enjoy seeing people employing double standards in general.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh I haven't. Wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot barge pole personally but my point was that there are people actively saying shit like this is ok. This is why a good chunk of the Early Access stuff is a cesspit or barely finished wastebasket.
    Then do those of us who are actually invested in the game a favor and fuck off, rather than continually derailing this thread with your garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    So what are people's worries about "being behind?" I bought a fairly basic package (Origin 315p) and probably won't be playing very often, will parts of the game be inaccessible to me because wealthier or more dedicated players will effectively monopolise them?
    By all accounts, even those who buy expensive ships won't be able to fly them at release anyway, they cost too much to operate and one will need to progress with hiring crews and buying equipment to outfit the ships. Most people will be flying the smaller fighter and cruiser ships for some time at least. Unless they allow players to melt down ships early in the game, which would allow players to salvage their smaller ships in order to pay for bigger ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Then do those of us who are actually invested in the game a favor and fuck off, rather than continually derailing this thread with your garbage.
    Umm he is well within his rights to point out what a shitty practice Star Citizen is engaging in. If you want a circlejerk that takes everything SC does and happily sucks it down I'm sure there is reddit or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

By all accounts, even those who buy expensive ships won't be able to fly them at release anyway, they cost too much to operate and one will need to progress with hiring crews and buying equipment to outfit the ships. Most people will be flying the smaller fighter and cruiser ships for some time at least. Unless they allow players to melt down ships early in the game, which would allow players to salvage their smaller ships in order to pay for bigger ones.
    How can they cost to much to operate when I can just spend more real money to pay for the initial investment until the returns come in.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Umm he is well within his rights to point out what a shitty practice Star Citizen is engaging in. If you want a circlejerk that takes everything SC does and happily sucks it down I'm sure there is reddit or something.
    Gotta love a community that tells people to and not my own words here "fuck off" when you dare be critical.

Yeah great way to get players into the game there. So welcoming.

Although no idea who the guy you quoting was speaking to since I have the fellow on ignore. All I see is what you quoted him on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How can they cost to much to operate when I can just spend more real money to pay for the initial investment until the returns come in.
    So basically you are not only paying to win you can't even actually use these overpriced ships straight away?

Am I getting that right? Because if so what the actual hell lol.

So let's see. Charging stupid prices for pixels and then not even letting you use those pixels straight away later on...

I have a feeling CR was looking at what Ferrari do with their expensive cars here where they don't even let you drive them without their permission and then modified that to fit the game.

I genuinely can't think of a game with this much aggression towards cash grabbing.

Yeah I'm gonna say that this game makes EA look tame with what they did with BF2 loot boxes now.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-08-05 at 07:53 PM.

As we've covered before, it's not that you are critical. It's that you are critical over and over and over and over again on the exact same point after you have already said it. Seems like lately half this thread is just you soapboxing about how much you aren't buying the game and it's gonna fail and everyone at CIG is horrible. I've never seen a game that has this many detractors so diligent about following every little detail to something they hate and aren't going to buy before.

Yes, CR's justifications for this are extremely tenuous at best and it's likely a thinly veiled cover for being afraid they won't have the money to finish. While what he says is true if the game were out for awhile (Look at EVE Plex) the majority of people are going to prefer things be relatively equal at launch. Nearly everyone that frequents this thread has expressed their distaste for the announcement. What they aren't doing is expressing it 50x like you do.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2018-08-05 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    People said the same thing about D3's Real Money Auction House. "Why do you care if others buy gear with real money, you can always find your own gear or use the in-game currency". Except that the gear drop were designed with the auction house in mind. That's how pay to win works.

But hey, its a good thing that Chris Roberts doesn't care about money right?
    RMAH in that pissed me right off. As did the AH. They shouldn't have been in a Diablo game. Should have been done via actual trading.

The worst part was half of the time back then loot drops were awful. I got a dual socket Manticore on my DH. Rolled sodding Intelligence. I was absolutely fuming. Ended up just buying one for the gold I spent forever farming because I was not going to indulge in the P2W that was the RMAH. Especially when people were charging £50+ for decent items.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    As we've covered before, it's not that you are critical. It's that you are critical over and over and over and over again on the exact same point after you have already said it. Seems like lately half this thread is just you soapboxing about how much you aren't buying the game and it's gonna fail and everyone at CIG is horrible. I've never seen a game that has this many detractors so diligent about following every little detail to something they hate and aren't going to buy before.

Yes, CR's justifications for this are extremely tenuous at best and it's likely a thinly veiled cover for being afraid they won't have the money to finish. While what he says is true if the game were out for awhile (Look at EVE Plex) the majority of people are going to prefer things be relatively equal at launch. Nearly everyone that frequents this thread has expressed their distaste for the announcement. What they aren't doing is expressing it 50x like you do.
    This. It's bizarre. I'm not at all invested in this game, in fact I think that everyone's probably right about it being basically a scam, but it's very strange that every other post in this thread is by someone who isn't interested in the game at all, but feels the need to comment on it endlessly regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    If you can’t stand others opinions, do yourself a favor, and follow your own advice, you shouldn’t bother joining open discussion places.

There is plenty about this entire PROJECT, not “game”, yet, to be critical about, mostly this disgusting pay-to-win system and their pathetic justifications for it. It boils down pretty much into, if it’s something against the rules, report it, if it’s not, suck it up, if you can’t do that, stick to more private boards where only one kind of opinion is welcome.
    Pretty much my view. If you can't stand open discussion then forums are not a place for you imo.