Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    My point is that WoW has never and will sadly will probably never have a good story.
    just pay more for higher Quality writers, they do pay a lot ( i assume ) for art department, and they deliver A+ material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    I agree with you. I cheer up for Blizzard, even if I'm mad at Sylvas and many horde player, I'm sure they'll come up with something good, even if I my not agree with it

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasublade View Post
    Hope? No hope.
    If there's no hope, there's no progress.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Hahaha, thats some funny shit right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Have faith in the storytellers that have won your heart over to this franchise.
    Err...
    Blizzard has never been especially noticed for the quality of their stories. It's the gameplay that they are famous for.
    Also, WoW has been more often than not victim of shitty plots.
    So from where exactly should come this "faith" ? Because, I mean, I just have to look at TBC (I love TBC, but the whole Illidan story was completely retarded), what they did to Garrosh or (yikes) the entirety of WoD to see much more reasons to NOT trust them than the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    2. Quitting until a huge and decent story shows up (and by that I don't mean 5-6 quests or single cut-scene. It should be something big).
    Why would they waste a vast amount of resources on a race that went from thousands to a few dozen? There are more gnomes than Night Elves at this point, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    Faith? How can I possible have faith in them?

Yrel, my favourite character, deprived of 90% of the character development that she was supposed to have in Warlords of Draenor. Forgotten during Legion, despite her promise that she would not let down the heroes of Azeroth in their darkest hour. And brought back in Battle for Azeroth, only to be turned into Scarlet Crusade 2.0. A villain, an extremist, which goes COMPLETELY AGAINST HER CHARACTER, and this happened for a garbage reason.

Turalyon, my second favourite character, one of the most hyped and anticipated heroes in Warcraft's history (to the point that the loading screen tips were changed thrice), plays a secondary role in Legion, is humiliated and overshadowed by Illidan (an exhausted Illidan being able to parry Turalyon's mighty attack with a single arm, what a joke), and then forgotten for Battle for Azeroth. All he does is play a small role as a potential boss in Warfront: Stromgarde. Stupid, this man invaded a different planet to defend his home, Lordaeron, and he doesn't even participate in its reclamation, instead preferring to take part in the defense of a keep that holds no value to him.

I have no faith in the writers' skill. And if they dare to turn Yrel into a raid boss and kill her, when Grommash Hellscream, the bastard who killed Velen and butchered thousands of innocent Orcs and Draenei, was white-washed, I will quit the game immediately.
    Yrel was who made me love the Draenei for the first time and I really wanted us to get Lightforged Draenei instead of nightborne at first, cos I thought it was more interesting to have some Draenei in the horde and really good ones if the alliance was going to get void elves, that would have been more interesting than nightborne who added nothing to the horde that blood elves did and made much more sense added to night elves.

I am disgusted by the way they turned Xe’ra and Yrel, to be honest - I can’t view the light the same, they changed its lore too. There is now nothing 100% pure in the wow universe. It was a sad day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    In this context, it fits perfectly

"The definition of the word genocide is "the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.". Genocide is the killing of an entire specific group of people."
    It does not fit, cause nobody ever said "we want to extinct night elves" just "we want to conquer the tree, spare civillians etc. etc."
    What happened might have the feeling of a genocide, but it is not. It's just the the night elves were there. There is no intention in exterminating the whole species.
    I kinow you allie fanbois just see it like that, but it is just wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashuri View Post
    It does not fit, cause nobody ever said "we want to extinct night elves" just "we want to conquer the tree, spare civillians etc. etc."
    What happened might have the feeling of a genocide, but it is not. It's just the the night elves were there. There is no intention in exterminating the whole species.
    I kinow you allie fanbois just see it like that, but it is just wrong.
    Lol, I'm a long time horde fan kiddo, I just happen to dislike the current story and follow saurfangs outlook on things, that what sylvanas did had no honor. If you blindly follow her actions just because she's warchief then you have a serious lack of nuance.

And what she did was genocidal, she murdered hundreds to thousands of innocent people. You probably don't want to imagine something tied to the horde or her could be considered evil, because that would make you feel bad, but try being a little smarter and realise its sylvanas who did it, while other members of the horde were against it
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    i didn't purchase this expansion yet, i'm waiting for youtube videos and forums posts to decide if yes/no, because i play the game for the lore only.
    what kind of lore do you like? well, as an irrelevant opinion of mine, the "new" lore, is overall cool

When i say new i mean the zandalari and kultiras storylines, the maps, they are considerably better than Legion, so, your leveling experience will have cool lore, and cool quests on those places

beyond that, for me, is a pile of crap and not worthy, i did some quests on the honorbond campaign and i was like "wtf is going on"

I'm not hopeful, Blizzard wants to shock us and get us craving war, which tbf they are doing a decent job at, the problem with that is that Blizzard seemingly lacks the ability to end whatever they start in an appealing way and that there is ultimately no way for either faction to win. That's ignoring their constant need to try and retcon everything because they are seemingly too lazy to have someone look on Wowpedia.

So what will come out of the Burning of Teldrassil for the night elves? At the end of the expansion, at best they will lose Teldrassil and a large portion of their population while being expected to go back to normal and tolerate the Horde, at worst they will become a cliffnote in Stormwind like with the pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh, it's much more than Garrosh friend. Again, literally every expansion multiple characters of ours, or characters that were formerly affiliated with the Horde become raid piñatas.

Please don't pretend it's some new horrible injustice.
    Horde has lost Garrosh, Nazgrim, Saurfang Jr., and Varimathras (which is kind of a stretch).

The Alliance has lost Majordomo Staghelm, Archbishop Benedictus, and Cordana Felsong (which is also sort of a stretch).

The rest of the dungeon/raid bosses haven't been with the Horde or Alliance since WCIII or earlier (Zul'jin, Cho'gall, original Warchiefs, Kael'thas, Illidan, etc). I didn't count the End Times bosses because Baine, Sylvannas, Tyrande, and Jaina are all bosses so it's a wash and is also an AU sort of thing.

The rest are such minor characters for both factions (Malkorok, Dark Shamans ToC champions), that they hardly count as most people probably didn't even know who they were/they were made up strictly for the raid bosses.

I have absolutely no faith in that Horde fanboy Afrasiabi

Bruh it's been over 10 years, the writing at blizzard is getting worse every year. What hope is there to be had? They hired Golden, GOLDEN.

If there was ever a signal that they couldn't give 2 shits about wow lore it was the hiring of golden. For god's sake, there are actually talented writers and storytellers out there. And Blizzard has more money than god, just go get one.

I don't even want to talk about the storytelling abortion that was Diablo 3. So yea there's no hope for blizzard right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashuri View Post
    Except she knew where the majority of Night Elves were. She knew the vast majority of Night Elves would die.
    She had a choice and she chose the one that she knew would lead to killing almost all of the Night Elves.

She committed genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    What hope is there to be had? They hired Golden, GOLDEN.
    Golden had nothing to do with the Warbringers cinematics or current cinematics, and what she wrote in her book is actually good and would've been decent justification if it was in the actual game/cinematics.
    If anything Golden is our only hope at making this shitshow decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    just pay more for higher Quality writers, they do pay a lot ( i assume ) for art department, and they deliver A+ material.
    *cough* windrunner comic *cough*

Lore can never be that great as long as it is restricted by gameplay.
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I really liked it, just because you don't like the narrative doesn't make it an objectively bad piece of art
    I don't think anyone considered narrative to be in top 10 issues with this comic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Okay, list me the top 10 issues
    Art on page 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.
    And to not spam the thread here is sample:

7+ Year Old Account
    *cough* windrunner comic *cough*
    *whisper*
    the art department are not just comics
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.