Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best spec to level in bfa?

Stuck to monk on beta, but im gonna be maining a priest for bfa. What is the best spec out of the gate for leveling 110 to 120?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow is likely going to be the fastest, Discipline is looking decent too, especially for keeping health/mana breaks to a minimum if you're a speed leveler, Holy is kinda meh. You also don't have any trouble staying alive but killing stuff will take the longest out of the three.

Same as usual really, I don't think this has ever changed for any expansion.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Given how the startings zones will be crowded, I'll probably just play disc and holy nova or dot the furthest adds and move on. I'm pretty sure I'll feel idiotic dotting with shadow and never do any damage. If for some reason I were to be playing shadow, I might aswell take the talent Mania and *almost* never change to void form. Tbh I feel like it'll suck either way (leveling with a priest that is).
    Last edited by Raiz; 2018-08-03 at 03:32 PM.

agree on disc, really strong right now, spriest only with high ilvl raidgear to be able to keep chainpulling

Deleted
    Disc has been the best option for couple expansions now tbh, gear levels are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Same as usual really, I don't think this has ever changed for any expansion.
    In WOTLK, Holy was the best for leveling until Outlands or so. Smite did a shitload of damage with the talents for it and killed faster since it was direct damage instead of dots / channeled mind flay.

Speed: Shadow
    Survivability : Disc

Deleted
    ty everyone

Whether it's fastest or not, you won't have fun levelling as shadow unless you like clunky, broken specs with very little interaction between your abilities, nonexistent mobility and incredibly poor survivability. Same deal as Legion, disc will be better for soloing/questing until you start getting geared at level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can Disc or Holy be used for questing / solo roaming/ older raids at max level?
    What would be the 'speed' handicap if I were to use one of the two for solo world questing at 120?

Disc is insanely good as a leveling spec, as you can pull 4 to 5 mobs at a time, and never fall below 80% health because of Atonement. Take Mindbender, and you have a nuke that will do most of the damage for you once every minute. Sadly, Shadow is an absolute joke as a leveling spec. It's always been pretty bad, but right now it's just total trash. Anyone saying Shadow can even possibly rival Disc for leveling is out of their minds.

What is all this heresy about lvling as Disc?

The 2 last lvls of Legion lvling, was the only time in WoWs entire history when there was even a contest, and that was because the mobs were hitting so hard. Assuming you didn't overpull, Shadows actual killspeed completely dextroyed Disc.

Disc being more comfortable and having less chance of dying, is completely irrelevant. Shadow still blows it out of the water in terms of actual speed. And that always only applies to the last few lvls. Every fresh expansion with a geared Shadow Priest is basically running around, dotting everything you see on the screen, and this only slows down towards the very end.

BFA will be no different.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2018-08-04 at 09:11 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    What is all this heresy about lvling as Disc?

The 2 last lvls of Legion lvling, was the only time in WoWs entire history when there was even a contest, and that was because the mobs were hitting so hard. Assuming you didn't overpull, Shadows actual killspeed completely dextroyed Disc.

Disc being more comfortable and having less chance of dying, is completely irrelevant. Shadow still blows it out of the water in terms of actual speed. And that always only applies to the last few lvls. Every fresh expansion with a geared Shadow Priest is basically running around, dotting everything you see on the screen, and this only slows down towards the very end.

BFA will be no different.
    Levelling is easy when you do it while geared from the previous expansion's level cap. That much is obvious. However, in every other scenario, especially in this expansion, shadow's current flaws heavily narrow the gap between it and disc and in situations where you're not going from 110 to 120 with a headtstart from 7.3 gear, that rough patch you pointed out happening near the end of Legion levelling is going to extend to the entire BfA levelling experience as well. The only thing shadow even has a hope of competing in is damage, and that's not even as wide a gap as it should be when comparing a DPS to a healing spec. When you get to the point where you actually have to pay attention to your health and surviving, shadow's going to literally (by dying) fall flat on its face compared to disc.

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Levelling is easy when you do it while geared from the previous expansion's level cap. That much is obvious. However, in every other scenario, especially in this expansion, shadow's current flaws heavily narrow the gap between it and disc and in situations where you're not going from 110 to 120 with a headtstart from 7.3 gear, that rough patch you pointed out happening near the end of Legion levelling is going to extend to the entire BfA levelling experience as well. The only thing shadow even has a hope of competing in is damage, and that's not even as wide a gap as it should be when comparing a DPS to a healing spec. When you get to the point where you actually have to pay attention to your health and surviving, shadow's going to literally (by dying) fall flat on its face compared to disc.
    What flaws? I think the majority of people dislike the gameplay and not the actual viability/strength of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytraz View Post
    What flaws? I think the majority of people dislike the gameplay and not the actual viability/strength of the class.
    I think my other post in this thread summed it up pretty well:

Whether it's fastest or not, you won't have fun levelling as shadow unless you like clunky, broken specs with very little interaction between your abilities, nonexistent mobility and incredibly poor survivability. Same deal as Legion, disc will be better for soloing/questing until you start getting geared at level cap.

If you are a noob or just hate efficiency: disc (holy has just as much dps though if you prefer that), if you know what you are doing and like efficiency: shadow.

I think my other post in this thread summed it up pretty well:
    Well, I personally kind of like Spriests right now, so I dont mind the gameplay. I think the survivaibility is where my main concerns are. Mobility wise we are doing better than some other casters such as Warlocks and Elemental Shamans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disc is always fun, roxs for WPvP as well.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

With war mode, disc by far.

for me, Holy = 3.5k damage, Disc = 4.5-5k damage. Shadow = 6-7k damage while dying all the time. Disc seems to be the best for quests/world pvp