15+ Year Old Account

Holy legendary advice

So after spending most of this expansion with just 1 legendary I have managed in the past 2 days to aquire 3 more and I'm thoroughly confused on which to equip. I can equip 2 because of the class hall thing. I have Insignia of the Grand Army AND Al'maiesh, the Cord of Hope AND Velen's Future Sight AND Norgannon's Foresight. Which 2 should I be using? Keep in mind I'm currently holy & plan on leveling up as holy in BfA.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So after spending most of this expansion with just 1 legendary I have managed in the past 2 days to aquire 3 more and I'm thoroughly confused on which to equip. I can equip 2 because of the class hall thing. I have Insignia of the Grand Army AND Al'maiesh, the Cord of Hope AND Velen's Future Sight AND Norgannon's Foresight. Which 2 should I be using? Keep in mind I'm currently holy & plan on leveling up as holy in BfA.
    Insignia and Almaiesh. The other two will be worthless for leveling. Those two will at least increase your damage a little bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Insignia and Almaiesh. The other two will be worthless for leveling. Those two will at least increase your damage a little bit.
    So Velen's trinket wouldn't be a good one?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Velen's trinket wouldn't be a good one?
    The intellect is nice if you don't have another good dps trinket, but I personally don't think the use effect will be that valuable for dungeons before the effect is disabled. If you're asking about what to use *right now* it's definitely good for raids.

For any spec, strictly for leveling, your Insignia is the superior item with flat %2 damage increase. Also remember your legendaries will be useable until level 115 if I'm not wrong. If you choose to level as holy, your legendary choice will maybe change your leveling time in negligable quantity.

And probably quest items will be superior to legendaries at some point in stats so it is only relevant which legendary to use only until that point.

IMO...

For levelling, you just want two things.

• Don't pick up a neck. You'll replace that with your new artifact neck piece fairly early into the expansion.
      This disqualifies Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus.
    • You want increased damage or movement speed. All to increase your kill speed. Legendaries adding to healing is pointless.
      That includes any legendary giving you mastery. It's not doing anything for you while leveling as holy. Quite good when you start serious healing though!
      That includes any legendary giving you +healing equip effects.
      Especially if it has both. Entrancing Trousers of An'juna, I'm looking at you!

I also would like to disqualify Muze's Unwavering Will. While it doesn't add mastery, and gives a bonus to smite, you'll probably not find yourself able to smite down enemies without taking damage that easily. Meaning it's not really as good as it looks. Maybe for the first two levels it works out, but you'll fall behind the curve as holy soon enough.

I personally swear to my cloak. X'anshi, Shroud of Archbishop Benedictus is a shaman ankh on a 10 minute cooldown, and it is glorious. Overpulled? Ganked? No problem! I'm gonna miss this one. Even if it has mastery

My picks for levelling:
    Sephuz's Secret
    X'anshi.

Out of your picks, I'd choose:
    Al'maiesh, the Cord of Hope (has mastery. requires effort to get use out of, but not that bad)
    Insignia of the Grand Army (has mastery. 2% damage is nice... but only 2%)
    Norgannon'ss Foresight (has mastery, cast while moving is okay I guess?)
    Velen's Future Sight (has mastery. great trinket, but useless equip effect for levelling)
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    I should probably add that the reason why I plan on leveling holy is because I plan on leveling up with my boyfriend who is a dps because I'll have limited time to play because of school. We'll be doing quests & dungeons along the way. I still haven't decided if I'm going to go back to shadow come 120 or stay holy.

My picks are Muze's Unwavering Will and Sephuz's Secret - Holy killing machine!