Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am curious if any Night Elves in an act of desperation will go crawling back to Queen Azshara in 8.1
    This is a fair idea actually. Tyrande and Malfurion have proven they are incapable of protecting Night Elves. And Queen Azshara is the most powerful Elf to have lived (most likely). For some kind of "revenge" they may make that bargain.

God... I'd actually love to see Queen Azshara become the leader of the Night Elves, that would be amazing and finally give the Alliance an interesting leader that aren't boring lap dogs... or an actual dog.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    This is a fair idea actually. Tyrande and Malfurion have proven they are incapable of protecting Night Elves. And Queen Azshara is the most powerful Elf to have lived (most likely). For some kind of "revenge" they may make that bargain.

God... I'd actually love to see Queen Azshara become the leader of the Night Elves, that would be amazing and finally give the Alliance an interesting leader that aren't boring lap dogs... or an actual dog.
    azshara hasnt been an elf for the last 10k years.
    she not only is an old god minion, she is the reason why the night elves great empire fell and why the sundering happened.

why any elf would willingly follow an arrogant, selfish, powerhungry but pretty ursula is beyond me.
    especially one with such background

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    azshara hasnt been an elf for the last 10k years.
    she not only is an old god minion, she is the reason why the night elves great empire fell and why the sundering happened.

why any elf would willingly follow an arrogant, selfish, powerhungry but pretty ursula is beyond me.
    especially one with such background
    She can make herself appear as an Elf, and we are talking about disillusioned Night Elves here. They are going to want to look for revenge. Azshara is way more powerful than any other leader, Horde or Alliance, she can actually make good on their wants.

We literally have Void Elves who left the Blood Elves for far, far, far less.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Hence the hoping they go to an interesting place storywise.
    Lol. People have hoped since Cataclysm for things to change for the Nelf storyline.
    Want to know what happened? It has only gotten progressively worse.
    Stop hoping. The Night Elves are dead.

But do you know what's even better?

Stop paying for this shit game.

One month of game time + sale price = $14.99 + $20 = $34.99
    One month of game time + full retail price = $14.99 + $49.99 = $64.98

But obviously, no one actually only plays for a month. So,

Six months of game time (bundle) + sale price = $77.94 + $20 = $97.94
    Six months of game time (bundle) + full retail price = $77.94 + $49.99 = $127.93

And don't forget this is all in USD. In my country, I can easily fork over $174.78. And if I actually play for a full 2 years, I'm looking at $494.22.
    Not including any other additional services (e.g Faction Transfers), micro-transactions (e.g. Overwatch Lootboxes, Pets)

Say what you want about the rising cost of Triple A Games, but Blizz has successfully gotten away with one of the biggest pricing scams in the gaming industry, and millions of people are eagerly supporting it. All the justifications that people use to support such exorbitant prices don't hold water anymore. In a year, you could buy 2 Triple A games with your subscription fee's alone, or 1 Triple AAA game, and multiple other Indie games. If you can game the system and support yourself solely through WoW Tokens, then great, but I believe Blizz earns more from the people who buy the Tokens as a means of increasing their in-game wealth.
    Last edited by Syferite; 2018-08-04 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syferite View Post
    Lol. People have hoped since Cataclysm for things to change for the Nelf storyline.
    Want to know what happened? It has only gotten progressively worse.
    Stop hoping. The Night Elves are dead.

But do you know what's even better?

Stop paying for this shit game.

One month of game time + sale price = $14.99 + $20 = $34.99
    One month of game time + full retail price = $14.99 + $49.99 = $64.98

But obviously, no one actually only plays for a month. So,

Six months of game time (bundle) + sale price = $77.94 + $20 = $97.94
    Six months of game time (bundle) + full retail price = $77.94 + $49.99 = $127.93

And don't forget this is all in USD. In my country, I can easily fork over $174.78. And if I actually play for a full 2 years, I'm looking at $494.22.
    Not including any other additional services (e.g Faction Transfers), micro-transactions (e.g. Overwatch Lootboxes, Pets)

Say what you want about the rising cost of Triple A Games, but Blizz has successfully gotten away with one of the biggest pricing scams in the gaming industry, and millions of people are eagerly supporting it. All the justifications that people use to support such exorbitant prices don't hold water anymore. In a year, you could buy 2 Triple A games with your subscription fee's alone, or 1 Triple AAA game, and multiple other Indie games. If you can game the system and support yourself solely through WoW Tokens, then great, but I believe Blizz earns more from the people who buy the Tokens as a means of increasing their in-game wealth.
    I mean what I think would be better, no offense, is for you to just stop visiting WoW sites if this is how you feel. This game is clearly not enriching your life, so let it go man.

Nightelves should get their own faction with worgens and void-elfs and F... alliance with their boy king

Lets go to mountain hyjal
    Last edited by Jrs418; 2018-08-05 at 10:57 PM.

xXx English is not my first language xXx

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrs418 View Post
    Nightelves should get their own faction with worgens and void-elfs and F... alliance with their boy king

Lets go to mountain hyjal
    Somehow I really agree....

What is the point in being a highly nature affiliated race without.. yes.. without nature? So pointless.
    I am a big nightelf fan but they should either give them a god damn big tree again or just remove them as a playable race.
    Totally pointless.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Maybe they should join the Horde. I mean the other elfs joined the Horde after someone other then the Alliance trashed them. Only makes since to become treasonous to the side that you always fought with for reasons like the horde needs a elf race.
    Eh, they should have been Horde from day one. WC3 version of NE were far more similar to the other Horde races than they were to the Alliance- wild, nature-themed, described as "brutal/savage". Then the Alliance could have kept their High-elves and endless wasted debate could have been avoided.
    /Catchphrase!

can't wait until they completely forgive the horde for everything they have done in about one to one and a half years

well maybe they will send a strong worded letter about how they will end the horde if they pull something like that again, totally for realz this time!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    Eh, they should have been Horde from day one. WC3 version of NE were far more similar to the other Horde races than they were to the Alliance- wild, nature-themed, described as "brutal/savage". Then the Alliance could have kept their High-elves and endless wasted debate could have been avoided.
    Except trolls and nightelves don't get along at all after several wars. And orcs basically started chopping down their secreet trees and killed their demi god. So no they never ever should have been or will be horde.

Deleted
    Their numbers are like space marine numbers in 40k.

As high as the current situation needs them to be. *shrug*

Deleted
    BfA is proving to be Another Horde expansion. My theory is that the burning of Teldrassil is the first step for Blizzard to erase Alliance completely and finally make their ultimate Product vision come true: World of Hordecraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Maybe they should join the Horde. I mean the other elfs joined the Horde after someone other then the Alliance trashed them. Only makes since to become treasonous to the side that you always fought with for reasons like the horde needs a elf race.
    Ah yes. Boy I remember how much the alliance helped with the invasion of silvermoon.
    I also remember how well kael thas and his followers were treated by the humans back in WC3.
    I guessed they had planned the blood elves for the horde all the way from back then.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Ah yes. Boy I remember how much the alliance helped with the invasion of silvermoon.
    I also remember how well kael thas and his followers were treated by the humans back in WC3.
    I guessed they had planned the blood elves for the horde all the way from back then.
    You seem overly concerned about this? I guess my mission was accomplished. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=286131/e...ectors-edition

Haven't read Elegy, but all the excerpts I have seen on read really make it seem dire AF for the Night Elves, it makes them sound like they were freaking decimated.

Which makes sense given that through all the conflicts since Vanilla, Teldrassil was the only true safe civilian center for NE, the constant conflicts with the horde perhaps making the tree very populous. All the other relatively major civilian centres in nothern Kalimdor, specially Lor'danel and Astraanar, were just razed, and if there's any settlements left out there, they are most likely military outposts.

So NE civilization was truly dealt a almost fatal blow, It's not that they lost a large part of their people, is that they lost the last standing cultural center of their people, the heart of their new place in the world after the Third War. Most of what is left on Kalimdor of the NE are military outposts, in terms of cities, towns, cultural centers, they have almost nothing left.

Val'sharah and Hyjal remain, but at best as enclaves, at worst as neutral lands that now exist on their own, neither of which represent the day to day of Kadorei culture.

So does the alliance no have a third kind of homeless elf? Will this newfound symmetry lead to a new development?
    From the novella, it's clear that they lost more than half their population. Yeah, Alliance is now the faction of the homeless elves.

Where kaldorei culture goes from here is up to debate. I'm thinking we will only really find out next expansion. I wouldn't be surprised if we get renewed versions of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor (not a revamp like Cata, but new continents of EK/Kal that are high level and "phased" over the old ones, who are still accessible). In that case, I'd like to see where night elves would settle, and maybe we'd also get a place where all Alliance elves hang together.

(BTW: I don't think Silvermoon will survive past BfA either)
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am curious if any Night Elves in an act of desperation will go crawling back to Queen Azshara in 8.1
    interesting thought, people are weak in moments of loss and desperation and some will do anything to get their revange

As an aside, we ought to burn the Arcan'dor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    As an aside, we ought to burn the Arcan'dor.
    At this point, the Nightborne are all cured of their addiction. Burning the Arcan'dor will accomplish nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    At this point, the Nightborne are all cured of their addiction. Burning the Arcan'dor will accomplish nothing.
    Doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    How would the alliance help in Silvermoon? There were no alliance left after the High Elves didn't help with the scourge in lorderan.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!